Who's at visa Character photo?

sammatt

Mouseketeer
For those of you who have done it, which characters were at your free photo for Disney Visa members? Just curious, since we'll be heading that way soon.

It was Chip and Dale when we went in September and again in January.

We just returned and went on Friday and Saturday and both times it was Chip and Dale. In September, it was Goofy and Mickey.

My husband and I did it once per day. One day it was nautical mickey, the next day it was mickey and goofy or goofy's son, max. We were told they change characters every 1/2 hour.

HTH,
Kathy

I have a Disney Visa and have heard of this, but what exactly do you do? Just go up to Ariel's Grotto and show them your Visa card? :confused3

Yes you go to Ariel's Grotto, show them your Visa and they will take you down to take the pic. And if both you and your spouse have a card show them both and you will get 2 free pics per day. And they just give you a coupon that you can use for any pic, the DL pro's take.

I've always seen Chip and Dale too.

But, please note that you don't have to use the coupon to purchase that picture. The coupon is good for any of the pictures that they take of you in DCA. And you don't have to redeem it that day. We waited until the end of our trip and picked out favorite picture. I only had 1 coupon though becase we usualy didn't make it over to DCA in time.

Thanks for all the info.

What are the hours one can do this again? And is it everyday?

Leaving next Thursday! :thumbsup2 Let's hope for :sunny: !

Wow! I'm so glad I started this thread! I have learned so much today! I didn't realize we could get 2 photos, since DH and I both have card. And, that it can be used for any picture. Cool! Plus, I thought I could only use it once during the promotion. I'm definitely going to aim to get over to DCA to do this more than once!

Thanks for all the info. We have 3 seperate Disney accounts in our household! My mom has one (she's going on the trip to help with the baby), DH has one for work and we have our personal one!
I'm getting excited. 4 weeks away.
Mindi

This runs from park opening until 11:30am (when Ariel's opens for lunch).

ok...let me get this straight. we go to ariel's grotto before it opens (11:30 am), and show your card, and they take a pix of you for free? where do you pick up the pix? is it a polaroid? when does this offer expire? and the coupon...is it only for dca? never heard of this!! i love freebies...especiall disney freebies!! :flower:

Another question....Do you get a picture per Disney Visa Card or per Disney Visa account? My wife and I both have a card but they are the same account and have the same number on them I believe.

You get 1 pic per card! They really don't even look at the numbers, just glance to see if it's a Disney card.

Yes, go to Ariels Grotto before it opens and the Disney photographer takes your pic and they give you a coupon that you take to the photo shop and redeem for your pic. And you do not have to pick that photo, you can choose any photo that Disney takes in the parks.

So if you have multiple cards and you go every day of your trip you can get a lot of different pics

And we must have went during a shift change cause we got Mickey, Goofy, Chip and Dale all in our pic

I recently applied for my Disney Visa so this is stuff I need to know!

So, can I used my car once per day and get 3 free photos if I'm there 3 days?

brenda1966 said:
I recently applied for my Disney Visa so this is stuff I need to know!

So, can I used my car once per day and get 3 free photos if I'm there 3 days?

Yes you can. Also, with your Visa, you get free stroller rentals, 10% dinning, 20% some tours and 10% purchases over $50 in Emporium and World of Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter