Who was your best Friend before the age of 12

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
and are you still friends ?

Ricky, we had so much fun, I went on vacations with his family and he with mine, we were best friends from about 7-13 then he got heavy into drugs and we went are separate ways, he died of an overdose in Vegas in his 30,s

Amanda. We parted ways in high school, I hung out with the nerdy band geeks and she hung out with the, um, I-don't-care-bad-attituders.

We reconnected about a year or two after graduation and have remained best friends ever since. We were in each other's weddings and out two oldest kids are the same age. She just came over with her boys yesterday and we spent the entire day together while our kids played!

We are facebook friend but live across the country from each other.

We were next door neighbours from when I was 3 but they moved when I was 14.

We moved when I was 6, and when I was 10 and again at 11, so no friends from that time are still friends.

We moved when I was 6, and when I was 10 and again at 11, so no friends from that time are still friends.

I would hate that, but I purposed in my mind if we erver moved, I was going to tell the people in the new neighborhood everyone calls me by some cool nick name ( like big kid, killer, man child)

Alex. He put a stuffed bear with a heart balloon in my locker in 2nd grade and from then until 8th grade we were best friends. Even our moms and little brothers were best friends. He lived right by our elementary school so we would go to his house most days after school. I was his mom's princess since she didn't have any girls and she was like a second mother to me. We don't see each other very often anymore, but his mom still wishes we would get married haha

Alex. He put a stuffed bear with a heart balloon in my locker in 2nd grade and from then until 8th grade we were best friends. Even our moms and little brothers were best friends. He lived right by our elementary school so we would go to his house most days after school. I was his mom's princess since she didn't have any girls and she was like a second mother to me. We don't see each other very often anymore, but his mom still wishes we would get married haha

aww, come on, give us a happy ending,get a divorce and marry him

K

Best friends until she moved in 5th grade. We kept in touch for a while then lost touch and haven't seen each other since we were teens. I think about her sometimes and smile at the fun times we had.

DS18 met a little boy when they were just about 2 years old. The boy also had a twin sister. They all became best friends, were in the same K and 1st grade class together, played sports together, and I was all of their preschool teacher and later on watched the twins at my house when I stayed home after little DS was born. We moved when the threesome were 9 years old (4th grade), they moved a year later, then came back, and through it all the boys remained friends.

Their family came to DS's graduation party last weekend. All three kids are going to different colleges, but they are all within about an hour of each other. They spent a good part of the party making plans to hang out next year. I love that DS still knows his childhood BFF's. And I loved talking to these young adults who I've had the pleasure to know as sweet little toddlers (even though J peed all over my lap once, threw up all over my living room, and used to be the class biter lol and I KNOW DS18 gave their parents a run for their money when he was a guest in their home!) We laugh about all of that now. I love those kids!

Ricky, we had so much fun, I went on vacations with his family and he with mine, we were best friends from about 7-13 then he got heavy into drugs and we went are separate ways, he died of an overdose in Vegas in his 30,s

I'm sorry low-key. That's awful.

Weirdly enough, mine just wrote tonight. We haven't talked in a while.

Last edited:
I am very lucky to still have my best childhood friend in my life 34 years and counting. She is my Disney partner in crime :flower1:

My best friend back then was Patty. We lost touch after high school as I moved away. About 16 years ago I met a customer at work who had the same last name that she did. It was such an unusual name and I asked if he was related to her. Turns out they were cousins and he put me back in touch with her. We reunited for our 25 year high school reunion. We kept in touch for a while and then all of a sudden I didn't hear from her. Turns out she passed away from complications of the flu and her DH didn't think to contact me. My best friend now I met at work and we have been friends for 30 years.

Her name was Gab. I don’t remember not knowing her. We drifted apart after 8th grade. Her family lived about 10 houses from mine so we still ran into each other. When I was in my 20s and living in another state my mom had called me to say she had died in a car accident a few days earlier. Since she had also moved that was about all I found out. Very sad. Still have lots of pics of us together that I look at every so often.

My best friend, Nancy, and I have been besties since she was two and I was three - 64 years and counting! Our parents moved next door to each other in 1954 and the rest is history.

Mine was Angela - our parents were friends when we were really little, so we were kind of thrown together, but we got along well. We were in different classes in school and eventually made our own friends, but I still have fond memories - I can picture her pets, and there was this game our moms devised where they hid gum for us in a tree and we thought it was magic.

Erica was mine. We talked on the phone so often I still remember her phone # and I moved away in 1972!

That's so true! - I remember old phone numbers better than people I actually talk to now. Speed dial has mad me soft. :laughing:

I had a group of friends that stayed pretty much the same from all through elementary school. But my best friend was Donna. She died in a car accident when we were 12. I would like to think we would still be friends :)

The floor to ceiling bookshelves in our house... I was given a dictionary as a gift when I was like 6, so I devoured things like Charles Dickens and all the TIME LIFE hardcover books about ancient cultures.

I didn't have many human friends because of my severe asthma (if a friend's parents smoked or they had cats, I couldn't be near them, it sent me to the ER) and because of some hardcore restrictive religious reasons. The few children I did interact with were from our congregation, and they were well, pretty brainwashed into the dogma. I had no interest in that so I retreated to my bookshelf and discovered the People of Early North America series by the Gears. :D

Amy. We met in first grade and we were best friends until she moved away in 4th grade. She only lived about an hour and a half away and we stayed in touch through letters. We lost contact probably when we were in college (ironically, I went to college in the town she moved to and she went to school about 45 minutes away).

She found me on Facebook a couple of years ago and we saw each other last week, for the first time since she moved away (44 years). It was a very special reunion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter