Who on earth would stop in Bay Lake Tower?!

From what I understand the 1BRs and 2BRs there have an additional full bathroom and are quite roomy. While we haven't stayed at BLT yet, we plan to try for a 2BR in the future and the walking access to MK and easy access to TOTWL are definite draws, especially with little ones. Not everyone buys DVC for the same reason and I imagine there are many who are quite happy with a studio just steps away from MK. We bought for the larger villas and have really enjoyed everywhere we've stayed so far. Love that there are so many options for different types of people and preferences.

The studios at BLT aren't great, but the 1 bedrooms are pretty large and well laid out. The 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom is the way to go to at BLT IMO

I stayed at BLT for the first time in August. It was a one bedroom with at Lake view and I loved it. It was like a small apartment with 2 full bathrooms and we had a fantastic view of the fireworks. My only complaint was not having a quick service restaurant, even a coffee shop on site. I know that CR is right next door but something on site would be nice. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. I haven't stayed in the studio to be fair.

DH and I stayed in a studio at BLT for 3 nights and felt it was just fine for the 2 of us and I liked the layout with the galley kitchen area. My one negative was it was noisy but our room was first studio off the skyway bridge. I wouldn't want to have more than a couple or a couple with a little kid in one of those studios. They are more spacious than a cruise ship cabin and we cruise a lot so we're fine with that.

Funny you should mention cruise ship cabin because as I watched a "walk through" video tour of BLT studios that is exactly what I thought it reminded me of.... now I don't think "prison cell" is an appropriate descriptor but it didn't do it for me as far as what I am used to seeing from Disney. We did tour here on one of those DVC sales pitches prior to it opening and found it at that time to be a really nice place although obviously they showed us the best of the best. Studio just looks blah at least from the video I watched.... jus sayin

Why do people live in tiny NYC apartments? Because of the location. aAnd for those people, a tiny apartment in NYC is better than a spacious rambling home anywhere else.
Nice job trying to rile everyone up though!
#BLT 4EVR

I didn't ask for any particular room but staying there for the first time in July. Anyone have any hints of where I should request? I know there are some negative comments in this post, but I am excited to try it.

BLT is our first DVC home resort and we love it. I remember when we stayed there for the first time thinking it was $$ well spent. We've stayed in studios and 1 bedrooms. I love coffee in the morning on the balcony and watching the Light Parade in the evenings. We've spent many evenings at Top of the World just chilling and watching fireworks. Studios were fine when the kids were younger but now we love a 1 bedroom due to the 2 full bathrooms (a must with 2 teen girls). All the resorts have their pluses and minuses. AKL is a beautiful resort but I dont care for the busses so we dont usually choose to stay there but I'm not gonna bash it. I always say that why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors, not everyone likes chocolate and vanilla.

I didn't ask for any particular room but staying there for the first time in July. Anyone have any hints of where I should request? I know there are some negative comments in this post, but I am excited to try it.
In general, odd numbered rooms put you on the lakeside while even numbers potentially put you facing MK. . .or the parking lot. We've enjoyed being lakeside since you get great views of the EWP in the evenings, and you don't run into issues with traffic or parking lot views. We also prefer a higher floor, and since the elevators run quickly, there's rarely a long wait for one. As mentioned above, DVC has resorts for everyone's taste. While we prefer our home at VWL, we've found something to like about all the resorts.

In general, odd numbered rooms put you on the lakeside while even numbers potentially put you facing MK. . .or the parking lot. We've enjoyed being lakeside since you get great views of the EWP in the evenings, and you don't run into issues with traffic or parking lot views. We also prefer a higher floor, and since the elevators run quickly, there's rarely a long wait for one. As mentioned above, DVC has resorts for everyone's taste. While we prefer our home at VWL, we've found something to like about all the resorts.
Thank you

So being a DVC member we have stopped in most properties. This year we have come to WDW for a month (chose properties we haven’t stayed at before as we love GFV) and stayed at WLV (1 bed extremely nice), Polynesian Studio (nice room but customer service non existent and Grand ceremonial House constantly busy, Ohana causes chaos and ruined the atmosphere). We then moved to BLT for 11 nights in a studio. Now I don’t buy the whole ‘it’s just a room where you sleep’, if you are DVC you are invested in Disney and the room/villa makes a huge part of your vacation. The studio at BLT is shocking, yes I did my research and checked size etc, but this room is unbearable and unbelievable for 2 adults. It’s comparable to a prison cell, very drab and basic, and how a fifth floor room is apparently a theme park view is a joke. For a comparable amount of points WLV eats it alive and I would choose BWV any day over it. We moved out straight away, a shocking waste of points. I just don’t know who would waste points there. It is not comparable to the Contemporary Resort, that is stunning and the rooms are beautiful. Any thoughts?!
I don't know if I would describe it as a prison cell, but I tend to agree with you about the size and lack of theming. We stayed there for only one night on our last vacation, and while we enjoyed the proximity to MK and the monorail, that was all. Don't think we would rush out to stay there again. But if it was the only studio available, I wouldn't avoid at all cost. Like others said, the great thing is that there are so many resorts with different feels, so we can all find the one that feels most like HOME.

Not a fan of the BLT studios at all. Very small and I don't care for the decor. However....I love sitting on the balcony to watch the MK fireworks, and love walking to the MK. So while BLT certainly isn't my first choice for a resort, I would never cross it off the list of possibilities.

We loved our studio stay at BLT but won't go back unless we have a 1 bedroom. Beautiful place but the studios are tight for a family of 4.

We LOVED our stay at a 2 bedroom with DD and her family. 7 of us and we had plenty room!

i-GF9mfmJ-S.jpg
i-Vvn6sV9-S.jpg
i-V7Rvz3j-S.jpg
i-s8HsJ97-S.jpg
i-Qfhp9xh-S.jpg
i-HJhP8kJ-S.jpg
i-Vz2nLsj-S.jpg
i-D3wxNzQ-S.jpg
i-LFWmMnN-S.jpg
i-dnSBLvp-S.jpg
i-HhG5Pzc-S.jpg

Wonderful location and beautiful views; next to WLV, this is one of my favorites. :tink:

I just bought a BLT contract. Wanted it for the ability to walk to MK. Combined with owning BWV, I can now stay and walk to 3 different parks.

If you have ever tried leaving MK at closing with 30,000+ other people all trying to catch a bus, or boat or monorail you'll know what I mean about the benefit of being able to walk back to your room.

My first choice though would have been VGF if it had a path that connected to MK.

Why do people live in tiny NYC apartments? Because of the location. aAnd for those people, a tiny apartment in NYC is better than a spacious rambling home anywhere else.
Nice job trying to rile everyone up though!
#BLT 4EVR

We live in a tiny two bedroom apartment in NYC. As a family of four, most of our stays have been in studios because we are comfortable with being in a small space. Staying in a studio has allowed us to stay for longer trips. We've stayed in a studio at BLT for 6 nights and had no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter