Who has the best steak?

vettechick99

<font color=purple>Why do I open these threads?<br
For my fiance's birthday, I want to take him to whichever Disney restaurant has the best steak (he's a meat and potatoes type). Ambience is important too! What's your pick?

Thanks!

We all love the steaks in Canada/Le Cellier.mmmmmmmmm:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

While I agree with webray that FF is (one) of the best steaks I've ever had (they only serve NY Strip), if quality and a choice of a top noch, grade "A", number one, top of the line, best of the best steak is necessary, then Shula's has to be the place. Note: I also look forward to the Buffalo Steak at Artist Point as much as ANY other meal at WDW.
pirate:

Le cellier is the best! the potatoes and steak are awesome not to mention the cheese soup and pretzel bread. We always hit le cellier twice!

Shulas clearly has the best steaks but it is also the most money! ::MickeyMo

I took a friend to the Yachtsman Steakhouse last year. It was a little pricey, but worth every penny of it :) We also liked Canada/Le Cellier...have not tried Shula's because you must wear pants and all I had packed was shorts :(

I'd say probably Shula's over Le Cellier. I've eaten there, Narcoossees, V&A, and Yachtsman and Shula's Filet is still the best.

Now if Disney were to open up a Mortons on property, then I might have to reconsider. Mmmmmmm.

I did not understand the concept of "melt in your mouth tender" until I had the fillet at California Grill.
The portions are not very large at CG, however, so if he's more of a "MEAT and potatoes" guy, you may want to check out Le Cellier or Yachtsman.

Another vote for Le Cellier!

Actually, all of the places mentioned here have great steaks, so unless your fiance is a huge steak expert, he'll probably like any of these places.
At that point, it comes down to what kind of atmosphere you're looking for. Le Cellier can be a little louder since it is a park restaurant and there are a decent number of kids there. California Grill tends to be noisy during busy dinner times, whereas Yachtmans (and I would guess Shula's) are a little quieter.
The view from the California Grill is awesome, Le Cellier is in a "wine cellar," etc, etc.
You can find pics of some of these restaurants here:

http://allearsnet.com/din/gall_res.htm

Shula's & Le Cellier have the BEST STEAKS on WDW property! We dine at these locations a couple of times each visit, and also at the Yachtsman & CG. The FLAVOR of the beef just can not be topped. We enjoy the incredible ambience of these two steakhouses, and the fabulous service provided as well.

We were at Le Cellier a couple of weeks ago, and had the new "bone-in" ribeye steak! It is a phenomenal cut of beef, imported from ALBERTA, CANADA. In fact, ALL the beef in Le Cellier is Imported from Canada. Alberta cattle are exclusively "corn-fed" and all-natural (No steroids or preservatives in this beef). The unique texture and taste of this meat is unsurpassed. Most of the pavillion associates will not eat American Beef, as they are so accustomed to ALBERTA BEEF! Give it a try. :)

I would also highly suggest the wasabi/chili shrimp app (presentation so unusual), and the asparagus/wild mushrooms on the side. For dessert...the whiskey cake (layered chocolate), maple cream brulee or peach cobbler are all winners~! This restaurant (like Shula's) has a wonderfully extensive wine list, with suggestions to accompany each selection listed on the menu.

Enjoy~no matter where you go!!

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter