Who do you?

tyniknate

DIS Veteran
Who do you all use when you book your trips? I'm looking at the most economical way to book because I can only book if I can keep to an exact budget. We have used two different agents for our previous trips, but was wondering if you all had a better idea since you have probably been there more times than we have.

OK, that sounds good. How do you find out about promotions and codes? I can only book if I can promise my DH we will not go over budget.

Mousesaver's like Hope mentioned and I have also utilized disney.com. Use the park/travel

We are always on a budget... each year I have set a goal to come home with...and I usually exceed it... This year I spent a little extra but came home w/ my goal amount.

I also do everything myself. I'm kind of a control freak like that; and these days with the ease and availability of the internet, Disney makes it super easy to do it yourself.

I plan all of our trips too. I usually start on the Disney site and look for specials, then price compare with mousesavers codes.

I have a friend I met on another SB board who is a TA. I keep my finger on it all, but she's good if I have a specific question.

Okay, give me the dates, peoples and ages and your resort level. Staying off site is cheaper, but you lose out on the free internal transportation and EMH.

The Hilton in DownTown and Swan/Dolphin are not Disney owned, but do participate in EMH and S/D uses the transportation.

Are you planning on using the Dining Plan? You will need to stay at Disney Hotel to use it.

Are you needing hoppers or the extras on your tickets?

I have used boith the sponsers of this board and the sponsers of ALLearsnet.com- both agencies are really good about changing your package to reflect any discount they can (at least they did that for me) but usually I just book everything myself- also both places will do ADRs for you or let you do them yourself.

Rebecca

OK....next question. Does anyone know if they do free dining at Thanksgiving? A friend of ours says she did it last year, but I've never seen anything about it at that time. Have you all seen it offered?

Oh....and where do you find the best airfare? I've been on those value websites and they don't really seem to be a deal.

Oh.....and how far in advance do you start booking? Is it too early for Thanksgiving next year? Once you book can you make changes and can you get promotions applied if you've already booked. Or do you have to book specifically for that promotion when you make your reservation? I know it seems so far away, and yet I need something to look forward to. It's been too many years since we've seen the mouse.

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

The dates for this year - Nov 12 - 18 • Nov 27 - Dec 2

Looks like Thanksgiving week is blocked from the free dining, unless you arrive on the 18th and are staying through.

Next year's free dining only goes through September.

It would work out if we arrived on Thanksgiving for a two day reservation and then checked back in on the 25th for the free dining, right? We would just miss the free dining the first two days?

Depends upon whether you are willing to pay for extra tickets.

With the free dining you have to purchase tickets to make it a package.

You may also have to change rooms. They don't guarantee you can stay in the same one.

Wow, didn't think of that. What if we checked in later on Friday and just hung out at the hotel.....got some R&R.......maybe hit downtown disney......and then checked back in on Saturday for the dining promo. We don't mind having to change rooms since we will know ahead of time and just won't unpack. Does this sound ridiculous?

That actually makes a lot of sense.

We also usually do DT on the first day there to save a park visit for a full day.

Did you want to price it out yourself or did you want me to play agent?

Feel free, if it's not an imposition. Are you able to book that far in advance?
Is there a way I can figure out when they released the free dining for that time during this year, so I know when to plan on looking for it for next year?

BTW - were my sketch pages OK? Please be honest - I want to know so I know how to improve next time.

The current round of discounts is not typical. They didn't give this much advance notice before. Most on the boards start salivating around April to find out free dining dates for Fall. :rotfl2:

Where did you want stay and what tickets did you want and how long.

BTW - were my sketch pages OK? Please be honest - I want to know so I know how to improve next time.

OMG :rotfl2: You are so funny!

I love the paper you used! Where did you find the two sided one?

Yes, everything looks awesome. Thank you for the brads. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter