• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

whispering canyon antics???????

poet123

Mouseketeer
When anyone posts on this restaurant they always refer to the antics but never elaborate!!!!!!!!!!!! what are they ? what goes on here?:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Well for starters, there is no whispering. Just a lot of yelling and banging and clanging. The waitstaff shouts back and forth to each other and the guests - and they really get the kids involved in all the silliness. Whenever some one asks for ketchup the waiter just yells "ketchup" and alll the kids can get up and run over with as much ketchup as they can find. And during the course of the meal there is a stck pony "race" for the kids - no running involved. And there is lots more -- napkins on your heads, jokes galore, and beware if you ask for a large drink! If you have kids who like loud crazy silliness they will love WC!

Be sure to ask for Pepsi and a straw too. ;) We loved this place!

Now what hapens if you ask for pepsi? What about directions to Universal?

I would assume that asking for pepsi would cause a "seen", as far as I know, WDW only sells coke products. I bet it's funny, we will be eating at WC for the first time in Aug............Can't wait!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We were there a week ago and we had a very good time. We had three boys with us so it was nice that we did not have to keep them quiet. Our waiter was Steve and here are some of the things he did: we did ask for ketchup and we did wind up with several bottles but when the next person asked for it then we returned the favor, he threw the straws up in the air and when he brought us some small plates (don't rmember what for) he just kind of slid those across the table and we had to catch them. I wanted more tea and he brought out this huge gallon or more container with a really huge straw. I did not expect that.He had a stare down match with our DS6 because he is shy and would not tell him what he wanted to order. Our DS8 kept mouthing and answering all the questions and Steve said What are you the spokesman for the group. He is very quick with the comebacks After we had given him our card to pay for the meal he came back and said Ms Irvin do you have another card? So my daughter gets into her purse and gives him another (trying to figure out what happened on the first one) He took the second one then asked her to sign the first bill and started walking off with the second saying I'm going shopping with this one. We all had a good time. The staff all yell and argue with each other. The kids would not do the pony ride. It was a fun meal.

We were just there last week and had a wonderful time - Our waiter was Greg and he really played it up with the kids - we were a party of 13 ( 7 kids) - The kids sat at their own table and had a blast - We never laughed so much at a meal before - I hope I can remember all that we did - The kids all ordered root beer so out came 2 HUGE rootbeers - they shared them - One of the boys at the table kept burping so Greg announced it to the whole resturant so that everyone could tell him to stop burping at the table - the boys were tied to their chairs and given a jail window to hold - and then Greg used masking tape to tape all the kids together to a pole ( I told you we had a rowdy bunch ) LOL Our table also got the HUGE wooden knife , to get rid of it you have to take it to another table and ask then if they need a knife. The kids also enjoyed the stick pony races.
Also the guys all had to get up to sing and dance - it was a riot - I know there is more that I am forgetting - we never laughed so much - we will definately return there next trip!! OH yah and we did ask for ketchup :teeth:

My husband didnt want to ask for ketchup( a whole experience in itself) this last trip. Our waiter busted him for stealing it off another table. He sent the guy headed our way with the food back to the kitchen and had the whole place yell at him to not steal.

Does anyone know if they do the same antics at lunch as they do for dinner?

I would just like to add that before you get seated, make sure you request a server who is definetely into the fun and antics. Ours was not and this frustrated the 3 ds to no end. They were so jealous of all the fun the other tables were having. They have asked never to return because of this bad experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter