While you can, camp as much as you can.

iuki

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to say that we have had to give up camping due to my health issues. At least I did get to stay at Fort Wilderness Campground which was first on my bucket list. Watching my hubby do everything is not a vacation for him. At home he already does everything because I am unable to physically do all the things I could do in one day. I feel so bad that I talked him into getting a travel trailer and planning on a cross-country trip. Since he loves cruising, which is a REAL vacation for him, we will cruise and stay in hotels for land vacations and sell our TT.

Therefore, I just want to tell all of you, camp as much as you can. Don't think you'll have plenty of time for traveling when you are retired. That's what I thought. It may not happen, depending upon your health when you get older. I was very active in my younger days, but that is not a guarantee that you will be able to do the same things when you get older.

Happy Trails to all of you.

Judy (aka iuki)

Good advice! Good luck and best wishes for the "Happy Trails" that await you and your hubby! DH and I used to camp when we first got married and when the kids were younger, but we never camped at FWC, though I would have liked to.

This is so timely for me. I am researching a popup or TT and want to learn more before we hopefully get a class c in about ten years when DH retires.
I pray your health improves are you are again able to do the things you love. Camping at the fort is on by bucket list too.

Thanks for the well wishes. Hopefully you will continue to camp into your later years as I have seen some people do.

Having an ECV, at least I can still go to the theme parks.

Enjoy!

Prayers for you guys! The DW & I are in our late 30's and that's our slogan is to live while we still can. We spend our money on adventures rather than things.

I keep trying to talk the DW into considering moving to a Class A. Feel that it would be easier on long trips (kids and DW can get up and use bathroom or make a sandwich whenever they like) thus making them more willing to go on more trips. I want my kids to see as much as I can take them to see while I still can.

Just can't get around the 6 figure price tag...

Oh well, will do with what I have.

Much well wishes from myself and my family. Keep going as much as you can.

Good advice and words we have tried to live by. DH had leukemia (in remission) when he was 40 and it changed our thinking a bit. We still enjoy camping and will do it for as long as our health allows. I'm sorry you have to give it up, but I understand cruising can be fun, too!

Just wanted to say that we have had to give up camping due to my health issues. At least I did get to stay at Fort Wilderness Campground which was first on my bucket list. Watching my hubby do everything is not a vacation for him. At home he already does everything because I am unable to physically do all the things I could do in one day. I feel so bad that I talked him into getting a travel trailer and planning on a cross-country trip. Since he loves cruising, which is a REAL vacation for him, we will cruise and stay in hotels for land vacations and sell our TT.

Therefore, I just want to tell all of you, camp as much as you can. Don't think you'll have plenty of time for traveling when you are retired. That's what I thought. It may not happen, depending upon your health when you get older. I was very active in my younger days, but that is not a guarantee that you will be able to do the same things when you get older.

Happy Trails to all of you.

Judy (aka iuki)

So sorry you cannot continue camping with your TT, but hope you will still cruise all you can.

Dh & I have been retired several years and do enjoy our camping adventures in our Class A - much easier on both of us than the TT's and fifth wheel we have had over the last 40 years.
We, too, have the wish to continue to go while we can and have health and strength to do so. We were fortunate to be able to travel with our children for many years also as dh had 4-6 weeks vacation for several years while they were still at home.
Hope you have many years to go cruising!! :goodvibes

God bless you and your DH, Judy. DH and I are in our early 60s and have been RV'ing since the mid-90s when our sons were young. We retired in our mid-50s, kids grown, and began 'living the dream' of extended RV trips. These days we often talk about 'when that day comes' for us. I hope (and am sure) that you and your DH have made many wonderful memories of your trips and will make many more for the future, even if they aren't camping memories!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!