Which would you drop?

The ones I've been to:
* Tonys - Had a good experience, but we were in a quiet area. Walking through the glass area on the way out, I realized I wouldn't have liked it out there. It's probably different now, though, with spacing. - Keep if someone in your party is a Lady & the Tramp fan; otherwise, it's droppable.
* Sanaa - Love, love, love!! Definitely keep!

The ones I haven't been to, but that have been on my short list before:
* Mama Melrose - I'd probably keep this one if you drop Tony's, but it's not a "must do".
* Hollywood and Vine - I'd keep this one! It's still on my list to get there eventually.

The ones I've never been to:
* Whispering Canyon - I'm not into "interactive" places where the guests are in the spotlight, so I've always avoided this one (and 50s Prime Time as well.) I'd drop it unless you want an excuse to tour Wilderness Lodge.
* Chef Mickeys - I've always heard it's loud and chaotic. Now, if I was going with little kids, and they had their heart set on it, I'd suck it up. But unless it's specifically for someone in your party, I think it's a safe one to drop.

Last edited:
You’re in Disney - so they are all good choices! Soak it up while you can. My only recommendation would be if you’re looking for additions, my 3 best meals this last trip were narcooses, the Cali grill, and coral reef. Homecomin was a close 4th. Maybe I’m drinking the kool aid but i can honestly say I practically never have a bad meal in Disney. It’s always a bit more expensive than you expect, but always good.

I'd drop Tony's and Chef Mickey's. Both have food that gets very sketchy reviews. Chef mickeys was always acceptable due to the character interaction, but now? I'd skip both of these.

I would keep Whispering Canyon and Sanaa. Excellent environments and good food at both. I would consider dropping Chef Mickey's or Tony's.

I'd drop Tony's. I love Italian. Love it. And I'm not an Italian snob. Olive Garden is fine by me. Tony's was well below Olive Garden. You are paying premier pricing for a sub-par meal (true of many Disney restaurants, but in my opinion really true for Tony's).

Would NOT do Whispering Canyon during COVID. And 8I’m no germophobe, just that doubt they’re doing the fun stuff like ketchup moving etc or the pony shows but anyone there recently please correct me.

I haven't been to Tony's; too many poor reviews. I do like The Plaza and Liberty Tree Tavern. I've also heard Crystal Palace has a new menu. So, I'm interested in reviews from there.

I don't like Mama Melrose, Chef Mickey's, or (pre-COVID) Hollywood and Vine.

Whispering Canyon is OK. I stay there frequently, but wouldn't make a special trip to go there.

I absolutely love Sanaa. It is worth the extra trip if not staying there.

I would keep Mama Melrose's and Sanaa for sure.

Hollywood and Vine's menu is boring to me - so I would likely drop that one.

My food experience at Tony's has been decent - not "write home about" - but not bad either.

I haven't been to Chef Mickey's as family style - but I do think it is fun to eat there because I like the big atrium in the CR and seeing the monorail. I think the family style would actually be better than the buffet....

Would NOT do Whispering Canyon during COVID. And 8I’m no germophobe, just that doubt they’re doing the fun stuff like ketchup moving etc or the pony shows but anyone there recently please correct me.
I had heard that it has been tuned down anyway. I honestly would still go though just for the beautiful atmosphere.

I would drop Tony's or Mama Melrose. Neither is anything to write home about, and Tony's is notorious for bad experiences. Also, unless you have a car or are staying at Kidani, Sanaa can be challenging and time consuming to get to. Just something to consider depending on when you have it booked.

Tonys, no doubt.
In the past I would also have dropped Chef mickey and H&V, except I've been reading good reviews of them lately, so I would keep them to see if its true.

We ate at Whispering Canyon for breakfast in July just after the reopening. The servers are still being silly, just in a different way. Other guests don't bring you ketchup. They still bring some folks the huge glass of water, sprinkle tons of straws on the table, make corny jokes, and our server had some different ketchup speech that I don't remember. I felt very safe and enjoyed the food and the Wilderness Lodge lobby.

I would drop Whispering Canyon or push it later by an hour (if you can). Park hours at MK may be extended, and then you'd be missing out on the lower wait times that happen in the last hour at MK to get to your reservation. Even if the hours don't change, you can still hop in the line for rides at MK right up until 6pm. So by the time you enter a line at 5:55, wait 15 minutes (or more), ride, make your way to the front of the park, wait in line for the boat (which can take extra time at park open and close due to reduced capacity as a result of distancing), you wouldn't get to Wildneress lodge until 7:30 or so. Plus I don't know about you but we always like to shop at the end of the day at MK since the shops stay open after park close, so that can add extra time too.

In short, I wouldn't do it because I don't like to be rushed.

Second reason I would drop Whispering Canyon is that there is no way to use Disney Transportation to get back to your resort after dinner except uber. Of course, if you are staying at Wildneress lodge, not an issue.

Keep Hollywood and Vine. One of the better character meals that we've been to! Cute character costumes too depending on time of year.

I've eaten at WC, CM, & MM. I loved WC so I'd keep that one for sure. It's been 15 years since I ate at MM, so I don't know that my experience is necessarily valid anymore. I liked CM for the experience, so I don't know that I'd eat there while Covid restrictions are still in play.

Another for Tony's. The food in my opinion has always been mediocre and the service very slow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter