• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

which water park with 14 month old ?

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
Has anyone got any advice on which water park would be best to go with my 14 month old ds?
It has to be either wet and wild or blizzard beach, as the others are closed when we go in Dec :jester:

:jester: 137 to go :jester:

I don't know about W&W, but we were VERY impressed with Blizzard Beach - there is a superb area called Tykes Peak and at the top of the Peak there is a very small area which would be perfect for a toddler. it has a few tiny slides on it.

Also, at the bottom of the hill there is a shallow pool that he could play/splash in. We found BB to be much more suited to our dd than Typhoon Lagoon where the kids area has a lot of water that sprays in your face, which she hates.

Bev

Thanks Bev.
I think we'll go with that one being as we're getting a hopper plus, because its included anyway :jester:

Blizzard Beach is great. Tykes Peak is so cool and there is so much for a little one to do there. Just remember the sun screen.

I WOULD SKIP EPCOT. WERE STAYING NINE DAYS AND DS I FISHING W/ DAD WHILE MOTHER AND DD DO EPCOT. DD IS 14 , AND DS IS 4. IMHO;)

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I've taken my son to Epcot when he was 14 months old and he loved it (lots of slow rides and pretty lights at night, and those great fountains!). I suspect the rumors about kids being bored with Epcot (which I refuse to believe) deal mostly with older children.

P.S. - I've also heard BB is better for toddlers. We'll be taking mine there for his second birthday at the end of August.

hi - to answer another of your questions - you can make any park work for you for children at any age -

water parks - we've been to both - you just have to make the most of what your child can do - the wave pool is out (one of our biggest mistakes - we were "tidal waved" out of the pool) - naps as you float on the tubes around the park - you just have to work the park to their age

and that goes with epcot - movies may be too much for your child - but the acrobats would be great - the music is good - even dining - germany is very entertaining - off-kilter & the british invasion - fantastic - and the street players - my kids still remember their shows & lines from the shows - 7 years later -

so go for it all - just make sure you work on your child's level - take breaks (you don't even have to go back to the room - find a nice quiet spot & rest there) - and keep it fun

again - good luck - kiddisney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter