Which sit down Mexican restaurant in EPCOT

wannabee

DIS Veteran
I am not a huge Mexican fan so have never eaten at either. My travel partner has requested Mexican. The only day I can make that work is our EPCOT day. Which do you prefer and what do you order. Thanks!

I'd look at the two menus and see if either has something you'd like. There will be plenty for your partner. That's how I'd decide. Remember, you can even order off the kids' menu, if you'd rather something there.

I agree - look at the online menus. We prefer La Hacienda, but many others will recommend San Angel. FYI, neither of them serves Tex-Mex like you’d get in a fast food place!

San angel, the food is pretty meh (bar imho the tortilla soup which we looove) but you can't beat the surroundings. We go here for the chips and dips ( which are also good), the soup and a couple of margs.
Save your appetite for the booths outside though I reckon.

Depends on what is more important. We have dined at both. I am in the San Angel Inn food being average at best and La Hacienda much better.
However, the atmosphere at San Angel Is much nicer. Some want to do La Hacienda to watch fireworks. There are few tables that give you that view.

The restaurants are owned by the same people, it's Mexican Food, not Tex-Mex. I've had good meals at both, but my wife and I just typically prefer setting inside overlooking the ride. La Hacienda has a nice décor and overlooks the lake. So, it really comes down to which view you want IOO.

I liked the food at La Hacienda, lots of windows and bright during the day. My kids like San Angel for the atmosphere and I thought the food was good there as well. It is quite dark inside so bring your reading glasses.

Food at La Hacienda was better and it wasn't as cramped. Atmosphere at San Angel is potentially better I suppose but the tables seemed like they were on top of each other (don't know if that has changed because of COVID) and it's really dark inside. I'd go with La Hacienda. That said, the menu has changed a fair bit since we last went and the dishes we liked were removed/changed.

La Hacienda is DEFINITELY better food than San Angel, but many people just want San Angel for the view.

I think the food at both is just ok - La Hacienda is slightly better but still not that great. I prefer San Angel Inn for the much better ambience!

Please check the menu's. I think both menu's are pretty much offering the same fare these days. I used to love La Hacienda but the items we loved are now gone. Fireworks view at La Hacienda and maybe a view of the ride at San Angel if you are lucky enough to get it. We got the view once, and waited an extra hour for it.

If you're not a fan of Mexican food, then it might be best to choose based on atmosphere. Eating inside the pavilion at San Angel Inn is an experience. However, the tables are closer together, so that may be a consideration for some families during COVID. (Though, maybe that has changed??)

If this is something you are compromising on, maybe you can request that this be for lunch. That way, you can have a light meal and have dinner at a place that you both enjoy. I'm not sure if you can order off of the kids menu, but they might offer chicken fingers or cheese quesadillas.

We have eaten at both and like both. For what it is worth, my wife is Hispanic and thinks San Angel is more authentic Mexican food to her. I would also suggest that La Hacienda is more Baja California type Mexican food but definitely neither of them is Tex-Mex and I know Tex-Mex.

Technically they're both San Angel. :P You've got the San Angel Inn and La Hacienda de San Angel (and the QS La Cantina de San Angel).

I've had good meals at both. We did the Inn on our last trip for the first time in years and I stuffed myself on the queso fundido and enchiladas de pollo. We had done La Hacienda almost every trip for years, but decided to try the Inn when my favorites were no longer on the menu there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter