Which resort would you choose for 1bedroom villa stay?

MamaBear12

Mouseketeer
We’re VGF owners and want a 1bdr for our February trip, but would like to save save points, so looking at lower-point options that VGF. My kiddos won’t share a bed and hubby and I would like to have the bedroom to ourselves, so we need a resort with two beds (Murphy/single or sofa sleeper and chair) in the living room.

Considering AKV, SSR, and OKW. Which would you choose? Any other resorts I’m missing that sleep 5 in the 1bdr and require fewer points? Kiddos will be 9 and 12 at the time of the trip. Thanks!

Last edited:
We’re VGF owners and want a 1bdr for our February trip, but would like to save save points, so looking at lower-point options that VGF. My kiddos won’t share a bed and hubby and I would like to have the bedroom to ourselves, so we need a resort with two beds (Murphy/single or sofa sleeper and chair) in the living room.

Considering AKV, SSR, and OKW. Which would you choose? Any other resorts I’m missing that sleep 5 in the 1bdr and require fewer points? Kiddos will be 9 and 12 at the time of the trip. Thanks!
I would pick Kidani 1 bedroom since it has 2 bathrooms.

Basically you’d have to decide if having real beds to sleep on is better or having two bathrooms is better. I would pick SSR for the beds but 4 in one bathroom is a challenge.

BLT Standard View - has sleeper chair, pull-out sofa and 2 bathrooms (!). A little more points than SSR but not as many as VGF. You can also stay at BWV and BCV but you'll need to bring the additional sleeping space (air mattress, or we brought a cot). In fact, since you are a family of 4 you can stay anywhere - will just need to bring the additional sleeping space with you.
Family of 5, BLT owners.

BLT (our home resort) and Kidani both have two full bathrooms. I'd do either of those.

If you are looking for a large room, OKW is the biggest.
Thanks! And if the pool was a factor? Which of these has the best pool?

Thanks! And if the pool was a factor? Which of these has the best pool?
Between BLT and Kidani, I'd say Kidani. You can also use the pool at Jambo.

BLT has the advantage of being in walking distance of MK, which is wonderful. No crowds to fight for transportation after the fireworks...just walk back to your room.

The BLT pool isn't bad, but it's kind of blah.

For us, two bathrooms would be wonderfully convenient, so AKV and BLT would get the nod there. Although BLT is currently under renovation, so possibly something to consider there.

The OKW one-bedroom has tons of space. No Murphy bed unfortunately, but the sleeper chair is pretty comfortable. A caveat about the one-bedroom OKW unit: buildings 11-29 only have bathroom access going through the bedroom. Buildings 30-64 have additional access through the laundry room door. It was an early design hiccup that they fortunately found a solution for in the newer buildings. (And no elevators except in buildings 62-64 - typically for those with medical needs. This is the first DVC resort; different accessibility regulations at that time.)

OKW pools are pretty nice, especially the main pool. BLT pool is small and rather bland. It does share with CR, but that’s nothing special either, although okay for adults.

Between BLT and Kidani, I'd say Kidani. You can also use the pool at Jambo.

BLT has the advantage of being in walking distance of MK, which is wonderful. No crowds to fight for transportation after the fireworks...just walk back to your room.

The BLT pool isn't bad, but it's kind of blah.
Thanks. I think that’s my biggest hang-up with BLT…I just find it overall blah. Haven’t stayed there and love the location, but from the pictures/videos I’ve seen, I’m not excited at all to stay there.

Thanks. I think that’s my biggest hang-up with BLT…I just find it overall blah. Haven’t stayed there and love the location, but from the pictures/videos I’ve seen, I’m not excited at all to stay there.
Yeah. I get that. We don't spend much time in the room or at the resort, so we are ok with it. We do like the walk to MK, the extra full bathroom and the quick access to food/drinks/stores at The Contemporary (it's connected by a breezeway) and the monorail to Epcot and other resorts (for food/drinks, etc.).

BLT is our preferred resort for our vacation for those reasons.

We have stayed at OKW, SSR, BLT, and AKV-K. Like you, we didn’t really care much for the BLT theme. I would choose SSR or AKV-K. SSR has been recently refurbed and has a bunch of cool pools and beautiful grounds. Much better selection of pools than OKW for relatively the same amount of points. AKV-K has Sanaa, which can be ordered like QS, the animals are easily viewable from around the resort, and an amazing pool. I’m of the opinion that you can’t go wrong with either resort.

FWIW, we are planning on doing AKV-K for 7 or 8 nights in a 1BR next June.

As someone with a 10 and 14yr old… I’d be excited about not having to deal with the inside of a bus or other Disney transportation for hours on my vacation….

I’d suggest SSR and AKV-Kidani as the two best options. It sounds like your youngest is still fairly young, so the smaller bed at SSR will be a great option for them. More comfortable than the sleeper chair at Kidani, which we didn’t think was super comfortable.

They both have great pools, if your kids are under 48”, they both have great splash pads too.

I think the pools at BLT are underwhelming as well but in my experience kids generally don’t seem to notice or care.

AKV does have the advantage of being in a zoo. If you’ve never done a Savannah view room there before, I’d suggest doing it once.

AKV owner and VGF owner. My vote would be for Jambo House, while you lose the extra bathroom, the resort is superior imo to Kidani. Either way, AKV would be an excellent choice since you get all the same amenities. Just depends what you prefer to have more easily accessible/ how big a factor having an additional bathroom is to your family. Best of luck!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest