• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which resort is better for 2.5 year old toddler?

At that age it really does not make a difference. Pay for the resort you want. The kid will have no preference, no reference, no comparison and no memory of it. As long as the kid is able to sleep comfortably at night, that is what matters.

For us we have 3 grandchildren ages 6, 4, & 1 all of their 1st birthdays were celebrated at WDW. We chose the monorail hotels for the simple fact that when they got tired and just need time away we could jump on the monorail and be at our room quickly. Our home resort is BLT so there are times we could just walk to our resort. Convenience of the monorail is hard to beat but it does come at a premium.

AKL - Kidani we have not taken the GC there yet but it is on the list as the pool activity area there IMHO for children would be hard to beat.
BLT - Monorail and is very nice
VGF - Monorail but other than that we did not enjoy our stay here in fact it is off our list.
POL- Monorail our favorite hotel
All-Stars were fun for our kids

To those who say the children don't remember it I will say that has not been our experience ours actually talk about specific rides and one talks about the kiss he got from Cinderella he literally floated away on that one.

No bad choices here its Disney World have a magical day.

For us we have 3 grandchildren ages 6, 4, & 1 all of their 1st birthdays were celebrated at WDW. We chose the monorail hotels for the simple fact that when they got tired and just need time away we could jump on the monorail and be at our room quickly. Our home resort is BLT so there are times we could just walk to our resort. Convenience of the monorail is hard to beat but it does come at a premium.

AKL - Kidani we have not taken the GC there yet but it is on the list as the pool activity area there IMHO for children would be hard to beat.
BLT - Monorail and is very nice
VGF - Monorail but other than that we did not enjoy our stay here in fact it is off our list.
POL- Monorail our favorite hotel
All-Stars were fun for our kids

To those who say the children don't remember it I will say that has not been our experience ours actually talk about specific rides and one talks about the kiss he got from Cinderella he literally floated away on that one.

No bad choices here its Disney World have a magical day.

My kids do remember our trips but if you ask them what resorts we have stayed at they have no clue. And that is with recent trips as teenagers. DS went last year for his senior trip at 18. He did not know the name of his resort before he left. lol He knew when he got there because of transportation back to the resort. If I asked him today where he stayed I'm 99% sure he would say "I don't remember." My kids absolutely adored the BC when we went but they have no idea the name of the resort, what it looked like or that it was walking distance to Epcot. They just remember they had fun in the pool and they were 15 and 9.

As long as there is a pool and a pool slide my kids are content. And comfy beds.

Last edited:

Thank you all for these replies!! You swayed me to book at AKL (DVC was booked) and now I am SO EXCITED because I know it will be peaceful enough for husband and me to enjoy too! Plus the balcony will be amazing after toddler’s bedtime. And there are sooo many activities omg! Which makes me feel better on the off chance it’s too chilly to swim in late October. We plan to request a microwave from guest services since that’s our big need. Fingers crossed there is one available.

Thank you all for these replies!! You swayed me to book at AKL (DVC was booked) and now I am SO EXCITED because I know it will be peaceful enough for husband and me to enjoy too! Plus the balcony will be amazing after toddler’s bedtime. And there are sooo many activities omg! Which makes me feel better on the off chance it’s too chilly to swim in late October. We plan to request a microwave from guest services since that’s our big need. Fingers crossed there is one available.
You won't regret it. The Mara is one of the best counter service restaurants in WDW as well. If you don't end up with a microwave, they have a toaster and microwave in the Mara.
I typically make a coffee run down to the Mara with the refillable mugs while my wife gets ready. ha

You won't regret it. The Mara is one of the best counter service restaurants in WDW as well. If you don't end up with a microwave, they have a toaster and microwave in the Mara.
I typically make a coffee run down to the Mara with the refillable mugs while my wife gets ready. ha
Oh smart! I guess my husband could stay with toddler while I go toast our English muffins (the only thing toddler will eat for breakfast! Always order them on Instacart when at Disney)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter