Which resort is a never or never again for you?

Bay Lake Tower. Don't like it. Sun shines in those windows and makes it really hard to control the temp in the room. There is so much concrete and the resorts lacks the lush, beautiful landscaping I love at so many other WDW resorts. The pool is only OK. We usually spend a pretty good bit of time at the resorts, so enjoying it is key!

We also probably won't stay at any values again. These were great when we were commando-style park people, but now we want something prettier and more relaxing.

DH says he won't stay off-property again. I think we've had some lovely experiences off-property, but he REALLY likes that Disney Bubble.

We started renting a car since the parks reopened, and our list of where we'll never stay has shrunk dramatically as a result. Like Aurora, we always thought the giant spread-out resorts were a no-go since we didn't have a car.

We've only stayed at 3 and we loved them all: POR POFQ, and CSR.
However, I agree 100% with loves to dive. I don't care for the skyliner so no skyliner resorts for us. I have a fear of heights. Also, the deluxes have no appeal for me at all. I love the mods and won't spend the money for a deluxe.

It’s so interesting to hear how different everyone’s opinions are. I never say never but the 3 All Stars resorts hold little appeal to me. Oh the opposite end, Grand Floridian doesn’t appear to be worth the price based on pics/videos I’ve seen of their rooms. For similar cost I’d rather stay at Poly as the whole theming there really wows me.

It’s so interesting to hear how different everyone’s opinions are. I never say never but the 3 All Stars resorts hold little appeal to me. Oh the opposite end, Grand Floridian doesn’t appear to be worth the price based on pics/videos I’ve seen of their rooms. For similar cost I’d rather stay at Poly as the whole theming there really wows me.
Agree! This is an interesting thread. I like seeing what's important to people, and taking this approach (where will you never stay) addresses that in a way the question of what is your favorite does not.

It’s so interesting to hear how different everyone’s opinions are.
I was thinking exactly the same thing. Funny how when the question is about a person's favorite or least favorite, you can have 50 different responses! On the one hand, our least favorite is Saratoga, mostly because of 2 bad experiences when we stayed - probably just unlucky! On the other hand, I'm so glad to see there are a handful of people who will never take away my reservation options at AKL, since that's our favorite place to enjoy our stay!!

Never for me is camping in a tent at Disney or cabins at Fort Wilderness, and the All-Stars. Off-site probably a NO for me. For Shades of Green our most frequented resort of previous visits, I don't like being by the main pool there.

Definitely the All-Stars. I’ve stayed at Music and Movies with just DH and it was nice. Spent four days with a friend and two kids and I couldn’t believe how cramped we were. Those rooms are small, even with the remodel. And the kids who took over the pool to celebrate their grad night were obnoxious.

For us the only 'never' one would be tent camping. But with how ridiculous the prices are for deluxes they are next on the list, we have stayed at a number of them but no way are they worth it now.

I would tent camp if it saved you significant money. But right now the difference between All-Stars and tent sites is not that much, $50 to $70 a night, and full hookup spots are almost as much as a room. It might make sense if you have 8 or 9 adults, but not for a smaller group.

Easy, Caribbean Beach. We've stayed at all WDW resorts (sans values CS and FW) and the only one we will never return to is CBR. Hated it. Absolutely hated it. Mainly because the island in the middle used to have animals and it had horrible smell you'd have to plug your nose to walk through. And because of the outdoor layout --something at all moderates (and values)-- people liked to put chairs outside of their doors and hang out being loud and obstructing the walkways and your own door. It was really just a convergence of major annoyances that could have happened at any of the resorts, but it just hit us all at once and there has never been a moment we wanted to return. The only moderate we like anymore is PO-FQ. We just like indoor deluxe now and love not having groups of people sitting out in walkways.

For us, the resort is a large portion of the enjoyment of our vacation, so it really matters. It's not just a place to sleep.

Last edited:
We own DVC and the one resort for us is BWV. Stayed there the last two times and that’s it we’re done. No quick service in the resort only the bakery. The rooms need some refreshing and the pool area although they got rid of the clown face still needs a refurb imo. I do love that area for its location but would stay at BCV next time!!

I've stayed at all except BLT and OKW. And I'd stay at them all again, especially after a refurb.

Reflections for sure. Stayed there once and the place was just a muddy mess and the HVAC never seemed to keep us comfy. It had a nice open airy feel, but I always felt something was missing.

Whaaaaat..... too soon?!
Loved the views, did not love the heron who tried to share my bed.
I thought the armadillos were fun but the alligators were just too scary for us. ;)

The All Stars would be a definite no for us.

I mean, if someone else was paying for the trip I would literally stay anywhere on property regardless of how I feel about the resort.

BUT, places I would never choose:
- Grand Floridian: not our vibe even a little bit
- SSR: I just haven't heard anything exciting about this place and also it's far away from everything
- FW campgrounds: hard no to camping on a Disney vacation
- ...and the All-Stars: when we were open-to-close parkgoers they were fine, but we take our time and relax now and I want somewhere peaceful with more amenities and dining options

Hated AOA. We usually stay moderate or deluxe but Daughter had her heart set on AOA so I caved. We stayed in the LM rooms. Way too far of a walk to the main area and buses. The big blue pool was cold and overcrowded midday. We wound up walking down to the cars pool. It’s priced more of a moderate but not nearly as nice.

Caribbean Beach for us, granted our last stay was pre-Skyliner and before the refurb. While I'm sure the refurb is beautiful and the Skyliner probably helps out with the transportation issues, the number of stops along the bus route just added too much time to for us to return. Quite honestly I think at this point we probably are unlikely to stay anywhere other than a deluxe resort. I don't mean that to sound snooty or anything. It's just that the convenience of the deluxe resorts with easy park access make all the difference for us. It's what makes it feel like an actual vacation. We rent DVC to bring the cost down a bit, and just don't go super frequently. If it became a choice between Disney at a moderate or value or going somewhere else, we'd probably just go somewhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter