Which month? Early Nov or Feb. opinions pls

JimGA

DIS Veteran
Looking to book a 5 night Bahamian cruise on the Fantasy, early Nov or early Feb. Adult only cruise, not worried about the Very Merry Christmas theme, already done that, more concerned about sunny days and good enjoyable weather. Not too worried about cool weather. Opinions please.

November. We lucked out once to have nice weather at CC in early Feb Eastern Caribbean for our first Disney cruise but any other winter cruise since then have been too chilly for a bathing suit. Even our recent St Paddy’s day sailing got up to low 70’s every day. To me, ideal weather is in the 80’s.

ETA: On our 2008 Thanksgiving cruise, it was hot enough that they were handing out cold towels at CC as we returned to the ship. I’m not sure if that is typical or unusually hot.

Last edited:
We've done both, and both are fine, IMO. Nice weather, not too hot (don't go in early September!!!), not too busy or crowded. The main issue in February for us is travel to Florida due to weather conditions at home. The weather makes it desirable to be on a cruise but it can make travel a bit dicey. November is more reliable for travel for us.

We've done both, and both are fine, IMO. Nice weather, not too hot (don't go in early September!!!), not too busy or crowded. The main issue in February for us is travel to Florida due to weather conditions at home. The weather makes it desirable to be on a cruise but it can make travel a bit dicey. November is more reliable for travel for us.
Thanks for the info

November. We lucked out once to have nice weather at CC in early Feb Eastern Caribbean for our first Disney cruise but any other winter cruise since then have been too chilly for a bathing suit. Even our recent St Paddy’s day sailing got up to low 70’s every day. To me, ideal weather is in the 80’s.

ETA: On our 2008 Thanksgiving cruise, it was hot enough that they were handing out cold towels at CC as we returned to the ship. I’m not sure if that is typical or unusually hot.
Thanks for the info! Good stuff

November. We have done several late January/early February cruises and castaway water was cold on all of them. Nice and warm in early November.
We have done April several times and the water I thought was too cold. lol.

November. We have done several late January/early February cruises and castaway water was cold on all of them. Nice and warm in early November.
This is true... We were at CC in early Feb. 2023 and the water was chilly! Other than that, the outside temperatures and weather were fantastic during that cruise in Feb. November is at the end of Hurricane season so there is always a chance of a late tropical issue to contend with.

We sail jan/feb most of the time but we just got off a November cruise. I prefer Jan/Feb for us the water is perfect. We are coming from freezing cold Ohio so the water temp is pretty comparable to the summer pool water we swim in. November was pretty hot (we went last week of Nov) but the water was chilly. We still got in and had a great time but we still prefer Jan/Feb, We also have found its generally less people in Jan/Feb

If you think April water was too cold, I imagine Feb would be worse.

It would take a significant cost savings for me to book in Feb again.

My preferred months are early Nov, early Dec, and early May. All have warm enough water, but not too cold air.

Have fun!

I did my first dcl in Feb this year for my bday and I never want to do Feb again. I live in FL and even I didn't realize how much winter storms affect the seas. It was ROUGH. they actually changed the entire itinarey. Was supposed to Caribbean but we just floated around the Bahamas the entire time. It seemed like every week in Feb there was a storm that moved through and caused issues.

We have done April several times and the water I thought was too cold. lol.
It will feel colder in February! We have also done April cruises. We are also from GA, so we won’t swim in really cold water. I know others from different climates are ok with cold castaway water, but we aren’t!

We sail jan/feb most of the time but we just got off a November cruise. I prefer Jan/Feb for us the water is perfect. We are coming from freezing cold Ohio so the water temp is pretty comparable to the summer pool water we swim in. November was pretty hot (we went last week of Nov) but the water was chilly. We still got in and had a great time but we still prefer Jan/Feb, We also have found its generally less people in Jan/Feb
I like the less people. Thanks

I did my first dcl in Feb this year for my bday and I never want to do Feb again. I live in FL and even I didn't realize how much winter storms affect the seas. It was ROUGH. they actually changed the entire itinarey. Was supposed to Caribbean but we just floated around the Bahamas the entire time. It seemed like every week in Feb there was a storm that moved through and caused issues.
Good info

Laughing because to me low 70's is perfect and 80's is way too hot haha. To each their own. Between Nov and Feb I don't think you can go wrong.

November. It can get chilly in Feb and that's the time of year where you're most likely to miss Castaway Cay because of the weather. The Christmas decor will be an added bonus.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter