Which has better food?

We were underwhelmed by mama Melrose and would happily go back to Sci Fi. However, there isn’t anything special about their food. And, at MM we were eating from a prix fix menu and the choices were terrible.

Mama Melrose, in my opinion. I just felt like it was nicer food than Sci Fi, and a better feel around the restaurant. Good selection, and I felt like we got a good value. But I also really love Italian food.

Never been to MM, but I really like the drive-in theming of Sci Fi. Their rib plate is good, too.

Better food? Mama Melrose by far. Better theme? Sci Fi. It really comes down to theming or food. Sci Fi is mainly burger type food, great milk shakes. But the bad sci fi movies and themes make up for it.
Mama Melrose, IMO has much better food and interesting themes in the dining area. We enjoy both, but for different reasons.

Better food that would be Mama Melrose but the Sci-Fi is one of our every trip restaurants. The girls just love sitting in those cars and having those milkshakes. It helps that in my man cave their are a pair of drive in speakers on the wall and pictures of classic drive in theaters.

Definitely Mama Melrose! Sci-Fi food is pretty much counter service food. I have always had great food experiences at Mama Melrose, and the wood-burning oven makes it smell so wonderful in there :)

We're trying Sci-Fi this trip as we've gone to Mama Melrose on our last 3 trips and each time found either the food or the service to be far below what should be accepted for a WDW TS. (Last trip was at a table set up in the middle of an aisle between rooms (where normally a table wouldn't have been) there were regular bumps to the head and back from public or waiters going through the still used opening and a server who was so totally disengaged they failed to notice that the adjacent table had a toddler who kept shredding napkins and throwing them in the air. Picking out napkin pieces from the food at our table did not improve the experience. Worst thing was is that the oblivious waiter kept bringing them more napkins.) Other times meals were either over or under cooked.... none of it was good though.

Figure the theme and atmosphere of Sci-Fi will at least be an improvement --- figure as long as it's family roadhouse quality food with no napkin pieces thrown in the meal it should be an improvement over MM. Figure we've given MM three tries and they've totally failed each time --- we'll try something else.

Sci Fi!! We were not super impressed with Melrose's, not bad, just ok.

Sci-Fi is a must for us each trip. We really love the atmosphere, the shakes with a burger and onion rings!

We loved our Sci-fi meal for lunch this year! It was nice that I could get a plain cheeseburger that tasted good, but DH was also able to get a burger with a different spin on it (burger with blue cheese). We also got a chocolate milkshake to "share" and our waitress gave us two separate glasses with basically our own shake so that was awesome! I can honestly say I've never eaten somewhere like that before and that's what I look for at DW.

I like the food at Mama Melrose. (Service? Not so much.) I would only go to Sci Fi if I were with someone new who had never seen it before.

We thought our steaks at Mama Melrose were really good, but the Italian things our group ordered were disappointing. Sci Fi's menu isn't anything overly exciting, but we've always had good meals there. Combine that with the atmosphere at Sci Fi and I'd pick it over Mama's.

EDIT- Mama Melrose was also ridiculously slow. It took them over 40 min to seat us last time we went and everything took forever once we were seated. We barely made our window for preferred seating for Fantasmic.

SciFi for sure! The atmosphere cant be beat, its very unique...its super cool to sit in those cars and watch clips. I love that its cool and really quiet in there too. As for the food, I never had a bad meal. I've been very pleased with the onion rings, spinach dip, wings, burgers/fries, ribs (do they still have them?), and the shakes. OMG the shakes.
Oreo shake is TO DIE FOR! Sooooo yummy. :cloud9:

Depends on what time of day. I always think of Sci-Fi as a good "lunch" place and Mama Melrose as a good "dinner" place.

We went to Sci-Fi and quite enjoyed it. We thought the food was quite good. We split a reuben and onion rings and both got shakes and everything was very tasty. On the other hand the menu is mainly burgers and, while I think we had one burger we split the whole trip, it seems like a lot of families were sort of subsisting on counter service burgers and fries in which case it may be sort of a waste to have burgers and fries at a table service restaurant.

We went to Sci-Fi and quite enjoyed it. We thought the food was quite good. We split a reuben and onion rings and both got shakes and everything was very tasty. On the other hand the menu is mainly burgers and, while I think we had one burger we split the whole trip, it seems like a lot of families were sort of subsisting on counter service burgers and fries in which case it may be sort of a waste to have burgers and fries at a table service restaurant.
That's how it was for us, too. That was the only burger DH and I had our whole week that we were there. So it was kind of refreshing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!