Which company to rent a wheelchair from??

travelbug

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good company to rent a standard wheelchair from for our length of stay? I've heard of Care Medical, so I called them for pricing but haven't actually booked anything yet. Anyone have any experiences with them, or with any other company?

Thanks in advance! :D

If you are staying at one of the WDW resorts, they sometimes have wheelchairs to lend out. Some people have had very good luck with them, while others have posted some problems (mostly because what was available did not meet their needs (extra wide when they needed narrow, or vice versa). If you choose to try to borrow one, it's still a good idea to take the rental numbers with you.
These companies are the ones that DIS posters report renting from most:
Care
http://www.caremedicalequipment.com/
Phone (407) 856-2273 • Toll Free U.S and Canada (800) 741-2282

Walker Mobility:
1-888-726-6837
www.walkermobility.com

RANDY'S Mobility is in Kissimmee 407-892-4777
http://randysmobility.com/

I think you would be happy with any of them from what I have seen posted. I don't have a personal recomendation since DD has her own wheelchair.

I'm sure some other posters will be along to tell you their favorite.

I have not rented a wheelchair, but I have successfully rented an ECV from Walker Mobility several times over the past two years. I like their service - delivery & pick-up at the resort, toll-free number, etc.

We've rented from Randy's twice and have been very pleased. The last visit I rented from a place near my home for a quarter of the cost. Best part was I had it in the airport, which helped alot with my ds.

I don't recall reading anything about scootarama before.

I'm very late in getting back to this thread. :blush: Just wanted to thank everyone for the replies, especially SueM for all the helpful detail. I'm going to get busy and make some calls tomorrow to try to get the wheelchair lined up.

Thanks again, everyone! You're the best. :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter