• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Which Building, Sheraton Vistana Villages?

MacII

Mouseketeer
Hello,

Heading to Orlando in April 2019. We've typically stayed at Marriott Cypress Harbour and loved it but this year we have a second child joining us and we really wanted a room with two beds for the girls so we've decided on Sheraton Vistana Villages. I know from past experience that the building often makes a difference. Looking at the map, there really doesn't appear to be any buildings which have that awesome "parking lot only" view but I'm wondering if anyone who has been to this resort has some recommendations on which building makes the most sense.

I'd also wonder about renovations, which buildings have undergone renovation and which one's need renovation (and thus should be avoided...)

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thank you!

We are here now... very disappointed in our room in building 3. When we sat through the timeshare presentation that we agreed to attend to get our rate, the salesperson said that all of the buildings in the 20s are excellent and have been recently renovated, and buildings 1 to 4 are the oldest and will be renovated soon. Hope that helps!

The great thing about SVV is that the way the rooms are designed, pretty well every room has a view of a body of water (pool or pond) from the balcony.

I stayed in building 11 which was very convenient - close to the main building, restaurant, gym and main pool. It was also close to the road, which was important for us as we didn't have a car and were relying on the I-Ride Trolley.

If your kids are younger, you may want to consider the St. Augustine Village area (buildings 23-26) as this is where the "kids pool / splash area" is. The marketplace is also in building 25, where you can grab snacks, drinks, coffee, etc.

We are here now... very disappointed in our room in building 3. When we sat through the timeshare presentation that we agreed to attend to get our rate, the salesperson said that all of the buildings in the 20s are excellent and have been recently renovated, and buildings 1 to 4 are the oldest and will be renovated soon. Hope that helps!

What is wrong with your room?

What is wrong with your room?
It’s small for what we were expecting, outdated decor, poor lighting, tiny fridge/freezer, rotting kickboards under the cabinet, elevator was broken twice in 4 days...I may be especially
Picky but it’s just not the impression I would want to give if I was trying to sell someone on spending several thousand dollars of vacations.

We stayed there a few weeks ago. The place is sprawling. I’d recommend figuring out which pool you think the girls will like most and requesting a room near it. My son only wanted to swim in the Falls pool because it had a slide, but it was a pretty long walk from our room.

It’s small for what we were expecting, outdated decor, poor lighting, tiny fridge/freezer, rotting kickboards under the cabinet, elevator was broken twice in 4 days...I may be especially
Picky but it’s just not the impression I would want to give if I was trying to sell someone on spending several thousand dollars of vacations.

Sorry to hear this! It is one of my go to places and haven't had any of the issues you mentioned. Perhaps I got lucky with newer building.

We stayed there a few weeks ago. The place is sprawling. I’d recommend figuring out which pool you think the girls will like most and requesting a room near it. My son only wanted to swim in the Falls pool because it had a slide, but it was a pretty long walk from our room.
May I ask, were you staying at the Sheraton Vistana Villages or the Sheraton Vistana Resort? I know the latter (SVR) has a "Falls" Building which I was reminded of when you mentioned the "Falls" pool .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter