Which browser works best?

MiceMagic

Earning My Ears
A few years ago when my family booked our fast pass+ on MDX, my laptop was the loser. I had a terrible time booking any fast passes on my Mac- Safari. My husband used Windows and I believe that our daughter used the Chrome browser. They both had more success than me. For those of you that recently booked ADRs or Fast Pass+, how did your browsers fare? I am currently using Mac- High Sierra as my browser and contemplating installing Chrome.

I use Firefox on a Windows PC and pretty much never have any problems. My Firefox browser is also much more locked down than most people's.

I use chrome and it works most of the time. have more problems with Internet Explorer. Edge seems to be ok, have not tried firefox for MDE.

Safari, on an iPad Pro. If I am on a laptop, Chrome seems to work better than IE, but I do most of my internet stuff on the iPad these days instead of dragging out the laptop.

Chrome or Firefox... with Disney's glitchy site, lately I've been using Chrome in incognito mode so it doesn't hold on to the cache. Edge is ok but as a web developer I can never recommend IE for any kind of use... :P

Chrome via an Incognito tab is the way to go when using Disney’s website, for me at least. Cuts down on a lot of the errors, Stich ate the Page, Olaf lost his Head, etc.

I am having an issue with Chrome. Every time I try to open a page on the site it tells me its not available and I go to IE and it works fine. I have cleared my cache and everything so I am not sure what else to do.

Quote from cwis: The browser you're not using usually works best.
The browser you're actually using will eventually experience glitches.

Best response of all! Sounds like I will need to sprinkle myself with pixie dust when it's time to book! pixiedust:

Last edited:
Not going to lie-- It was an absolute nightmare when we booked ours recently. The system can not handle the traffic when the window opens first thing in the morning. I have seen lots of reports of others having the same experience on different days. I think I started with Chrome which was working fine on the website until the minute the actual window opened- then I got repeated crashes (Stitch/Olaf/Stitch/Olaf)- so I tried IE-- same thing--- so I grabbed my phone and tried the MDE app. I think I finally got FOP using the app on my phone. The phone was crashing as well. 45 minutes later and with repeated trying on both browsers and my phone and booking one at a time when I could actually get one to go through- - I had the high demand ones booked (FOP; 7DMT; FEA; SD etc), and gave up and got ready and went to work. Of course about 2 hours after the window opened when I got to work- everything worked perfectly to book the rest. I don't have firefox--- but I can tell you between Chrome, IE, and the APP-- I don't think one particularly worked better than the other-- it was just whichever one would not glitch at that exact second.

DH and I used our laptop with Chrome and the app on his phone. We did have to keep refreshing but got 7 days done in about 30 min. We did get FOP, SDD, Soarin, and all the others that we wanted and for the times that we wanted. It was frustrating but kept at it and got everything. We started right at 7am and it was about 4 min later before it would say that we had tickets (they were part of our package) but kept saying we didn't have tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter