Which airport is closest/easiest to get to Tokyo DisneyLand resort?

qa4ever

Mouseketeer
Just wondering which airport is best to fly into/out of? I think I am going to stay 1-2 days in Tokyo to check out Tokyo Disneyland and have the option of airports. Which one is best/easiest? I will need some sort of transport to hotel (Which I will start a separate thread about!) - edited for typos

Last edited:
We've only flown in/out of Narita so I can't help much. It's about an hour from Narita to Tokyo Station on the train. Tokyo Station is about a 10 minute walk and then a 20 minute train ride from Disney.

It honestly is not much different from each and, honestly, if you are staying near TDR I highly recommend taking the bus that goes straight from the airport to TDR. We took the one from Yokohama Station last month and it was roomy, quick, and super easy - especially compared to switching trains with luggage! Both Narita and Haneda have these runs and once you're at one of the resorts, it's super easy to get to one of the hotels - I have a friend who goes from Haneda to TDL by bus then hops onto the monorail to her hotel.

Haneda is closer but you should check the transportation availability especially if you're planning to take the airport bus called Airport Limousine. We didn't go straight to the parks from Haneda but I think like Narita, they stop service in the afternoon. From TDR to Haneda, there is only one bus that goes to terminal 3, the international terminal. I think it departed at 5:30 pm and we got there around 6:30 pm - 7 pm. Make sure that this lines up with your flight times.

This is a fantastic page which should help you decide.

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/access/

Haneda is the closest distance wise but you have to travel through the city. Nartia International is slightly further but you don't have to travel along the bay. I would also suggest getting the bus! Don't bother with the train unless you really really want to take the train... because, you know, maybe you like trains.

Last edited:
After having a look on the link i posted above, I'd suggest Haneda. :)

Bus Schedule for Narita (prices below)

narita schedule.JPG narita schedule 2.JPG

Bus Schedule for Haneda (prices below)

haneda schedule.JPG haneda schedule 1.JPG haneda schedule 2.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter