Which Adventure has the most castles?

sneakycat

Earning My Ears
My husband and I would like to go on a trip overseas before we have children. He has never been abroad before and would like to explore some castles. Any idea which trip has the most castles? :)

We chose Scotland as our first ABD because of the number of castles (6). But the Rhine River cruise has the most castles because you sail past a portion of the river that has 30 of them. I don't believe you get to go in them though.

I know he would like to explore castles, but I wouldn't let that be the primary factor on a trip. Castles can be cool, and there are some extraordinary ones, but in large part, unless they have special features like a torture room with all of the medieval torture devices (which my kids loved....) most castles are "seen one, seen them all"

I know he would like to explore castles, but I wouldn't let that be the primary factor on a trip. Castles can be cool, and there are some extraordinary ones, but in large part, unless they have special features like a torture room with all of the medieval torture devices (which my kids loved....) most castles are "seen one, seen them all"
Your post reminded me of a tour of England and Scotland I took years ago. Our tour bus driver referred to the trip as an “ABC” adventure, as in “another bloody castle,” “another bloody cathedral” and “another bloody cardigan.”

There's also a big distinction between a castle ruins and a palace/modern castle. Scotland has a combo of both. That was our first ABD and we liked it so much we have taken a half dozen more since. The itinerary has changed a little since then, but here is the link to my trip report with photos, if that helps inspire you: http://travel.veralana.com/2014/08/

Last edited:
Your post reminded me of a tour of England and Scotland I took years ago. Our tour bus driver referred to the trip as an “ABC” adventure, as in “another bloody castle,” “another bloody cathedral” and “another bloody cardigan.”
My husband and I were both taken on many ABC (cathedral) tours as kids and made a pact that our family tours would include things our kids actually wanted to see/do. ABD has been good for that :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter