• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

where we ate and what we encountered

gm

DIS Veteran
We ate quite a few counter services but here is the restaurants we ate at:

Chef Mickeys--The atmoshpere is wonderful and fun but the food was not except for the parmesan mashed potatoes. They did not have anything besides the cut meats and steamed/baked veggies and chicken, really hard bread rolls. No side dishes that can be a meal in itself. The desserts were wonderful though.

Crystal Palace--Now this is a great buffett. Wonderful food. In fact we were going drive to Olive Garden and am so glad we did not because on the menu at Crystal Palace, besides the cut meats, they had "Chicken Fetucinne Alfredo"!!my favorite. They also had baked cornbread stuffing, soft breads, wonderful desserts like Creme Brulee(yes, Creme Brulee:eek: ) I was in dessert heaven. They also had several other decadent desserts like chocolate cups, etc. The Chicken Fetucinne Alfredo was so good and tasty and it was so worth it going to Crystal Palace. This was our favorite Buffett Place. Much Much more on the buffett here than at Chef Mickeys and a couple of dollars cheaper.

Hollywood and Vine-This was a very busy place and the food was always fresh. They had baked chicken, cut meats, veggies, good salads. This was an okay buffett but food was much better than Chef Mickeys. Still Crystal Palace was #1 on our list.

Fresh at Dolphin-Now this is a breakfast!!. You walk up to the chef and tell him what kind of (omellete, scrambled eggs, sunny side up,etc) you want and he will make it exactly like you want any type. Also there is another check down the line and you tell him if you want waffles, french toast, etc and he will make it in front of you. You also tell them how many slices you want. They also add toppings like strawberry etc, There is also a detoxification juice bar that didnt interest me and a bar full of breads, muffins, etc. They bring orange juice to your table or coffee, tea. It is about the same price of a character breakfast at disney but without the character and better quality foods.

Earl of Sandwich- we ate at this place 4 times. The sandwiches are a bargain at Disney for $4.95 and are really tasty but we usually went around early evening except for one time. That one time we went around 10:15 pm and all the employees were cleaning up doing odds and ends like sweeping, spraying at windows, etc getting the place ready to close. Yes, there were still people eating in there but they were cleaning up early so I guess they can go home early. Well one guy I saw behind the counter was wearing the white gloves that they use to make the sandwiches was mopping the floor. The set up is that one person puts the meats in, one person warms the bread and applies the meat and shifts it over to the third person to put salad and wrap the sandwich. Well the person who was mopping came over and without changing the gloves, was about to start putting the salad in my sandwich when I immediately told the cashier that I want my money back if he is going to make my sandwich without changing gloves since he was mopping with them. She immediately told him to change gloves(there is a glove box right next to him that they have to change everytime they go in the back or something I guess), He was shocked that someone had noticed and am sure got embarassed by me standing there watching him. The older lady went back to him and came back with a smirk on her face so after that I told the lady to cancel my order because I did not want my kids getting sick and went over to Wolfgang pucks and ordered a yummy quesadilla with the chef right in front of me making it:teeth: . So please watch them as they are making your sandiches especially at closing time.

more reviews to come

I don't blame you gm !!
I'm sorry you had a bad experience at Earl of Sandwich like that. Lets hope it was a isolated incident with a thoughtless employee.

Chris

I'm glad you spoke up!!!! Just last week at our local Wendy's my son came out of the restroom and told me that the employee who was in there using the facilities while he was in there--walked out without washing his hands and right back behind the counter to cook food. Yuk!!! I reported him to the manager. There are signs in the restroom stating empoyees must wash there hands before returning to work. He knew better and probably figured a teenaged boy wouldn't care. Not the case with my kids...I have made them into germ freaks like me!!!

The scary thing about it is how many times do things like this happen in closed kitchens? I don't even want to think about it... At least the employee was right out in the open, which is scary, too, so you could see what happened. What would he do behind closed doors?

Your reviews,and good for you for standing your ground at Earl of Sanwich.::yes:: :wave2:

Thanks gm for the wonderful reviews. Glad that you liked FRESH so much. We ate here for breakfast twice in Dec. because we liked it so much. We are already looking forward to breakfast here again on our next trip.

Thanks for sharing your reviews. This reminds all of us that we should be alert when we see food handlers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter