Where we ate 5/9 - 5/12

hezzie

Mouseketeer
Hollywood & Vine (Dinner): This was excellent. The restaurant is set up to easily access the buffet. The buffet had a wide variety of items to choose from and everything we sampled was excellent. At times the bowls were low/empty, but quickly filled. The dessert bar was sufficient with a variety of cakes, cobblers, pastries and ice cream. The service was prompt and our glasses were quicky re-filled. A "must do" on our next trip.

Garden Grill (Dinner): I selected this buffet b/c my DH and I were celebrating our 10yr Anniversary and I thought it would be fun to do the re-hitching ceremony as a surprise for my DH. Well, I've read posts that the ceremony really depends on your server. Needless to say, our server was the worst we've ever had at WDW. He disappeared and left us sitting for a good 15 - 20 minutes. We had finished our meal and my DH was wanting to get back to TT b/c our fast passes were due. Anyway, when he finally returned he had a cake and had brought some other server with him. This other server appeared very nervous but performed the quick ceremony. The food was OK, but certainly not worth the price of the meal (IMHO). Will not return.

Grand Floridian Cafe (Lunch): We selected this restaurant as a break from MK and found it to be very relaxing. It was a nice monorail ride over from the MK and just walking through the doors of the Grand Floridian is a joy. We were seated promptly (no PS) and served our drinks. My DH had a caesar salad and philly steak sandwich, DS had the triple header (burger, hot dog and Mac&cheese), DD had the hot dog and I had the turkey club. The portions were very big and the food was really good. We only ended up having a late snack before Spectromagic b/c we were still full from our lunch. If you are interested in a very relaxing and peaceful lunch, this is the restauant. We will return next time.

Pecos Bills (lunch): DH and I had burgers and the kids had the hot dog kids meal. This is always a good take with the toppings bar and the large cool eating areas.

Tusker House: Muffin, Frosted Cinnamon Bun and Apple Turnover were our mid-morning snack at the AK. All were very fresh and tasty!! Will try this again!

Flame Tree (lunch): Kids had the hot dog meal and DH and I split the Chicken Sandwich (we were still a little full from our mid-morning snack!). We did the meal deal for one of the kids meals and later picked up a Mickey Bar and water. You really cannot beat this since the deal only cost us an extra $2 and the water and ice cream combined were $5.

We're having lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe next week, and I rarely see reviews of it = glad to see you had a great one! =)

Thanks for the wonderful reviews. We always have to get a Hamburger from Peco's Bills on every trip. There fixin's bar is so great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter