Where to watch parades?

FloridaGirl

Mouseketeer
My three year old daughter, my sister and myself will be making a quick weekend trip in May. Where are the best places to watch the parades during the day or night-- that would allow a small child to see well without tons of people in front of her? Also when is the best time to get there and get those great places or spots??princess:

My DD enjoyed watching the parades while in Frontierland because while we were there it wasnt very crowded in that area. It was especially nice to watch Specto and I was able to get some great pics.

Our MK afternoon parade ritual is this.. stake out our spot along Main Street near Casey's Corner ( hot dog stand) at about 2 ( or an hour before the parade starts). My DH usually sits with 2 kids while I take one to help me carry things. We sit along the curb in our great spots while we have our lunch. So we get much accomplished.. get a good seat, take an hour + break, and eat lunch. The ice cream stand is right there too, so the kids usually get ice cream too.

We like to watch Spectomagic in Frontierland! It doesnt get crowded as fast as Main Street. ( Not in January anyway) We sit near Liberty Tree Tavern by the ropes.

In Animal Kingdom, we sit near Pizzafari to watch Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade. Then when its over, we zip down to watch Lion King.

MGM.. we like to sit near the ABC studio thing ( with the steps). We snagged some benches near the steps and had a great spot in January! The kids ran around by the statues and had ice cream while we waited.

We have always been able to find a spot up front for Spectro and that is getting there about 30 minutes early verses 1-2 hours on Main street. Had planned to skip Spectro this year since we have seen it several times but I will have a new higher resolution camera and I think I would like to try it out for that. May just have to send DW and kids riding while I watch it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter