• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to get some good breakfast?

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
Non character meals, what's some of the best places for breakfast on site for pancakes, french toast, etc? We went to Tangora Terrace and didn't like it. Just fast food. Any other ideas?

We LOVE Steakhouse 55. We try to go on our last day. We also like Catal. And on weekends, we like Tortilla Jo's.

for in park:
I’ve heard good things about Carnation cafe breakfast. They have either the waffles or pancakes. Can’t remember.

river belle terrace has Mickey pancakes. Same with Red rose tavern.

jolly holiday has good pastries and croissant breakfast sandwich

Flo’s has breakfast but I personally don’t like it. They have stuffed brioche French toast

We like La Brea Bakery in DTD. We always book reservations and are seated quickly even when a lot of walk-ups are waiting.

Outside the parks we like Steakhouse 55, La Brea Bakery. Inside, Carnation Cafe for sit-down and Red Rose Tavern for QS!

I like Red Rose Tavern for breakfast in the park, especially if I’m in for EMH. It’s quick and tasty, although as counter service it’s not fancy.

Carnation cafe is my all time favourite inside the park. It is a must do for me... usually on the last day of our trip because the first few days I never want to waste valuable park time sitting down eating Mickey waffles. But, oh! The Mickey waffles! They are so good! And I love the ambiance of the Carnation Cafe. I always get an early reservation so I can sit on the patio and drink my coffee and watch all the people coming down Main Street :)

Here is the link to the breakfast menu.... https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/carnation-cafe/menus/

S55, Catal, La Brea Bakery (sit down side). You could go across Harbor for IHOP, Denny's, or Mimi's Cafe. If you have a car or use ride share, we love the Original Pancake House on Lincoln. Your kids might like Ruby's Diner (50's theme) on Lincoln, too. In DL, Carnation Cafe is a tradition.

Another vote for Steakhouse 55 - definitely one our favorites for breakfast. Just don’t go during one of the dance conventions - a few years ago we heard a psycho grandma fat-shaming her granddaughter for ordering the French toast.😭 It was so disturbing that I haven’t been able to forget it.

Anyhow, Lamplight Lounge Brunch is a fun option (it might only be offered Fri-Sun still?). My kids like the brioche French toast at Flo’s (ordered without bananas), but I actually like the chicken tamale.

Definitely check menus as tastes can vary so greatly!

Carnation Cafe is the only in park breakfast that I liked. While everything else is fine when I'm in a hurry, all the other places seem like fast food to me. Whenever I say that park food is like fast food, someone quotes me and says that park food isn't like fast food at all. So, YMMV.

Carnation Cafe is the only in park breakfast that I liked. While everything else is fine when I'm in a hurry, all the other places seem like fast food to me. Whenever I say that park food is like fast food, someone quotes me and says that park food isn't like fast food at all. So, YMMV.
Have you tried River Belle Terrace? It is so far from fast food....

While I agree places like Galactic Grill and Red Rose Tavern and Jolly Holiday are like fast food, I do put them a step or 2 above fast food (ie McDonalds and Jack in the Box). But I too prefer other places enough that the Rise of the Resistance boarding groups issue, we now check into the park as soon as it opens, then head back out to go eat in DTD as we prefer sit down breakfast.

We liked Carnation Cafe - and yes, make a reservation.
Everytime I look for a week or 2 in advance, for a Weekend day, they're all booked up for breakfast. I just looked now, and there's nothing on the next 2 Saturdays, and only a 10:40 AM for 3/21. Does it pay to check for availability close to the day?

Everytime I look for a week or 2 in advance, for a Weekend day, they're all booked up for breakfast. I just looked now, and there's nothing on the next 2 Saturdays, and only a 10:40 AM for 3/21. Does it pay to check for availability close to the day?
Yes, it can. I usually try to book a week at least for weekends.

I'm another one for Carnation Cafe in Disneyland. Love to have a late breakfast after playing for the first few hours in the morning, then plan the rest of the day eating breakfast and pulling fast passes.

Did you go to Tangaroa prior to their refurb last year and new menu? We had breakfast there with the new menu last fall and really enjoyed the new tropical inspired menu options. I agree that it was unimpressive in the past so we almost didn't go there but I was intrigued by the thick and fluffy Japanese pancakes on the menu and was not disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter