• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to eat prior to MVMCP

skychica

Earning My Ears
As some of you know, dh and I are taking our ds (11) and his best friend (also 11) to WDW December 5 - 11th. This is the friends first visit and I trying to make the best first impression! We are not going to the parks our very first day but we will attend MVMCP that evening.

I wanted to ride along with Monorail, have dinner at Chef Mickey's and then continue to the MK however Chef Mickey's is full. Does anyone else have any ideas for a very special dinner??

They have a 7:10 ps. Do you think we would miss much of MVMCP??

Thanks!

We're having dinner at Crystal Palace before MVMCP!! Last year, before MNSSHP, we ate at LTT!!! Or you may try Plaza Restaurant for burgers and shakes!!!

I would think 7:10 PS might be a little late for dinner before the party. Maybe you could try Ohanas at the Polynesian??

Enjoy your trip!!!

We ate at the Plaza last year around 4:20, it was a quick meal. They closed at 5:00.

I wonder if they will let you in to the park before time if you only have a MVMCP ticket..?? Ohana is a great idea! Or maybe even 1900 Park Fair

I'll second (or third?) O'hana's. Great fun atmosphere and good food. But if you want a character meal 1900 Park Fare would be the next choice.

Of course, if you really wanted to splurge, you could do the early Hoop de doo show.

Originally posted by Tony-NJ
I wonder if they will let you in to the park before time if you only have a MVMCP ticket..??

They will let you in around 4pm with just the MVMCP ticket.

I'm not sure your kids would like the pooh characters at CP. That's what we have booked at 4:05pm on 12/7. LTT has Mickey & friends, not sure if they have anything avail. I would try to make a early ps so you can take advantage of some rides before the party starts since ya'll are not doing a park that day. Even if you book Ohana's at the poly, you can take the monorail over to MK. I say try to book LTT for earliest possible or O'hana's. Have fun choosing!

We are going to eat at the WL, before the MVMCP. I like to see the resorts decorated for Christmas and my mother has never been inside the WL at all, so I thought this would be a good idea.
I would not eat as late as 7:10 though, you will not get to the park until after 8:00. I'd rather eat an earlier dinner and then have a snack during the MVMCP.

We enjoy CRT for dinner before MVMCP. There is nothing more Disney than dining in the Castle. :D

:wave: My son is 9 will turn 10 while we are at WDW and last year we ate at CRT we had reservatios for 5:30 and we are doing the same thing this year. The princesses are not there so it is not all 'girly". My son likes it beacause of the suits of armor that are there and the swords and I love the view. The view from
castle is beautiful especially at Christmas. It was an excellent meal an not very crowded. I can"t wait to be there again Dec. 17, 2004 can't get here soon enough. :earsboy: :earsgirl:

We are also doing WL before MVMCP we have 5:15 ps for Whispering Canyon. The first time we went to Whispering Canyon my DS was about 11 he pretended not to enjoy all the antics but even now at 23 he asks to go to his favorite place and its whispering canyon. The CMs there are really great and the kids will really enjoy it even though they might not tell you right away. We're going to MVMCP on the 9th of Dec. just adults but really excited its our first time

great minds ! we have 5:10 PS's at WCC and will take the boat over to the party afterwards ( we won't be using a day on our hoppers that day either)

We're going on 12/14 and are eating at LTT at 4:30. It's an early dinner for us but this way we'll already be in the park when MVMCP begins, and we'll have dinner out of the way. Then, we can snack our way through the party! :teeth:

I am SO READY to go!

IMHO, the best place to eat prior to MVMCP is in the MK itself. We like to eat at the LTT which you can book when you get your MVMCP tickets (more than 90 days in advance) and it fills up fast.

We also like to eat at CRT for dinner the night of MVMCP, it dosen't have lots of seating and does not feel as crowded as the rest of the park.

I see lots of people recommending the WL, which we've done and had problems with in the past. If you are delayed in being seated, or the service is slow, then that slow boat to the MK just won't go fast enough to get you there on time.

I am so confused. When we have attended MVMCP - I believe it started at 7:00 pm. I saw a few people post about eating in the MK and just going out into the party when they are finished. How is that possible? I don't think it's not true, I just can't figure out how you guys are doing it? From what I can tell the park closes at 6 and then opens back up again. Someone said they had a PS at 4:30 - are they going to sit there in that restaurant until 7:00 pm?

Thanks in advance as I am planning our trip as I sit here. :hyper:

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

In past years, they have let you into the park at 4:00pm with just the party ticket. So, people are making their ps in the MK park to eat. After they are finished eating they go into the park. When the park closes, everyone with bracelets for the party are corraled into Fantasyland and Tommorowland. Rides are still open. Hope that helps answer some of your questions.

Originally posted by ash&abby'smom
In past years, they have let you into the park at 4:00pm with just the party ticket. So, people are making their ps in the MK park to eat. After they are finished eating they go into the park. When the park closes, everyone with bracelets for the party are corraled into Fantasyland and Tommorowland. Rides are still open. Hope that helps answer some of your questions.

OH YES! Thank you soooo much! I had no idea! :earseek:

That will definitely come in handy as I plan our upcoming trip that includes MVMCP! Thanks Again! ::yes::

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

We are eating at Crystal Palace before the MVMCP around 4:30pm. You might want to re-think a late 7:10 reservation. For $40 I want to be at the Christmas Party -- not eating in a restaurant! LOL! It might be better to eat earlier. The party is 7pm to midnight and there are alot of shows and things and it will be hard to see everything if an hour is taken up eating. Even a 6pm ressie would be better.

Lisa :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter