• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where have you had luck getting DD for the GC?

harleymickey

Mouseketeer
I have had no luck exchanging my GC for DD in Illinois. Maybe since the promotion has started, they won't do it anymore.
There is nothing on the back that says you can't do the exchange.

We are headed to FLorida in a few weeks and wanted to use DD there.

I'm hoping someone replies to this too. My friend bought my tickets for me in IL and couldn't exchange the GC for DD either. So she mailed them to me in NJ and they would exchange for DD in NJ either.

Hi, I haven't actually done it yet cause I am waiting on my friend to send me the tickets, but I asked the day after Halloween at the Oklahoma City DS and the manager said yes, you can buy DD with GCs.

HTH!

Christine

So far I have been told that the Chicago area stores doing the promotion won't do the exchange. I tried Rockford IL and Davenport IA. So far no luck. I guess I will have to use them at the store instead.

Bought passes at Orland Pk. Il. store last wk and they gave me $300.00 in DD for the G.C.s hope this helps you...

I just did it last week at the mall in West Palm Beach FL on PGA Drive. I just asked if I could get DD with the gift cards and they said no problem.

MY FOLKS BOUGHT ME THE PASSES IN CORAL SPRINGS AND IM WAITING FOR THEM AS SHE SENT THEM FEDEX. SPOKE WITH THE MANAGER OF THE DS IN MENLO PARK AND SHE ASSURED ME THAT THE GIFT CARD COULD BE USED TO BUY DISNEY DOLLARS. IM GOING TO THE STORE AS SOON AS I RECEIVE THE TICKETS. WE ARE HEADED OUT NEXT SAT. STAYING AT COURTYARD
IN DOWNTOWN DISNEY. HOPE THE ROOM AND HOTEL ARE NICE AS THE REVIEWS HAVE BEEN MIXED. I REQUESTED A ROOM ABOVE THE FIFTH FLOOR WITH A VIEW OF PLEASURE ISLAND. HOPE ALL WORKS OUT.

We stopped by the Florida Mall on 11/3/01 on our way from the airport to the AKL. Bought the 4 day hopper and got the $50 gift card. They exchanged the gift card for disney dollars. I would suggest going by there if you can't find a Disney store in your area that will do the exchange.

harleymickey,

I was able to exchange gift cards for Disney Dollars at the Chicago Ridge Mall in Chicago Ridge. Actually I did it just today(11/11/01). And the manager was the one that did it!

Good luck.

That all of the stores don't follow the same policy. We tried around 6 Illinois stores and 3 Wisconsin stores and none of them would let me trade the GC for DD's. We just got back today from WDW and I ran into the Florida Mall last Wednesday, and they let me buy DD's with the Gift Cards although the CM and the Manager were hesitant to do it and they asked me two times if I was sure that I didn't want to buy anything in the store with them. Good Luck.

Does anybody know where you can get the "official" information on getting DD for the GC? -- and who to complain to?

I called the Florida Mall store TWICE and was told I could exchange. I drove 30 miles out of my way on 11/5 and when I got there, they were out of T-shirts and told me I couldn't get DD for the GC. The Manager gave me the name of 2 other malls and told me I could try to exchange there (if it's not allowed, why would they?). I got the phone # of the DM and played phone tag with her and when she didn't try me when I told her I'd be available, I called TDS Customer Service. They told me all they would do is give me a refund. Another 30 mile trip and by then, it was Wednesday.

Kristi,

Could be that the Florida Mall couldn't exchange for DD because they were ALL OUT of DD! Their supplies of t-shirts, DD, etc. run out frequently.

Many, many people are exchanging their GC's for DD at the Florida Mall. Last time that I was there (11/4), they were out of DD in every single denomination! I think they would have exchanged it for you if they had any DD. That's probably why they suggeted you try other TDS.

:bounce: :bounce:

BTW, I stopped by the Westchester Cross County Mall (NY) yesterday. Asked at TDS manager if I could buy DD with my GC's (had 3 - $50 GC). He said he wasn't sure but they could try processing the order. Well, the cash register accepted the GC for payment of the DD. And that was that - I got $150 in DD. He said they had to keep the used GC - I knew they didn't but I didn't argue since I was happy to get DD for them.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We went to the Florida Mall in Orlando on 11/5, purchased 2 five day PH passes and were told by the manager that she could not exchange GC for DD's. You are right also about the shirts, all gone and she was unsure in the beginning exactly if she still had 2, five day PH tickets on hand. She said that it has been a very popular promotion.

See, they are so inconsistent and I'm put out that I counted on those DD for our trip and had to drive around an unfamiliar town first buying, then returning the passes. I wound up getting them at a discounter but also had to cut our trip short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter