• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do you shop for groceries?

waltskids

Disney Fans
We will be arriving at the BWV's on Sunday:dance3: and would like to do some shopping for groceries, diapers, baby food, etc. We will have a car and were hoping to find a Super Target but we're not sure where one is located. Where do you like to shop?

Are you flying? If so there is a SuperTarget on the way from the airport, Hwy 417, Orange Blossom Trail exit.

We typically stay at BWV and usually shop at the Winn Dixie which is just about a mile down the street from Goodings in the CrossRoads shopping center. This past trip, I tried out the Publix that the Unofficial Guide recommended, but I couldn't find a few things and didn't like their bakery items as well, so we ended up back at Winn Dixie. (We were there for 2 weeks so we made a few trips.)

I did find that from BWV, it seems faster to get on I-4 to head back to the Crossroads area than to go past Downtown Disney and past all those hotels. Some of those traffic lights are really long!

I agree it'd be great to find a Super Target or Super WalMart that are close enough that frozen foods won't be melted by the time you make the drive back and get them to your room. I guess another option is to stop for non-frozen items on your way from the airport and just make a nearby trip for frozen items.

Have a great trip!

I went to a super walmart just past downtown it was awesome.....

Are you flying? If so there is a SuperTarget on the way from the airport, Hwy 417, Orange Blossom Trail exit.

This is an easy stop and it has a good selection of products. Dh and I stop here often on our way from the airport to 'home'.

Funny, we found the opposite that Publix was better stocked and Winn-Dixie was, well, Winn-Dixie. FYI, the Publix is right across from the Orlando Premium Outlets right across I-4 from DTD.

We have both of these chains down here in the South and generally, Publix is far superior. WD can tend to have good meats, but their produce and bakery are generally terrible. Publix generally has great produce, a good bakery (especially cakes), but is hit or miss on meats.

I also go to Winn-Dixie. You can get one of their discount cards on their website, it gets mailed to you in about a week. That will save you a little more on your groceries. I keep thinking I will try Publix, but I'm comfortable with where the location of Winn-Dixie is, and there is an ABC store just in front of WD, that's a plus.

Super Walmart! It really DOES have everything we need and then some.

We always shop at the Publix off of Black Lake Road to 192. It's a couple of miles past AKL. And if you go a few more miles and get off on the Clearmont exit there is a brand new Walmart. We go to both. The Publix is nice and quite and convenient. When you get to the light facing the AKL, turn left and follow that road to 192 and turn right. The Publix is about a 1/2 mile on the right. Very easy to get to. Much closer than the one near the outlet and hardly any traffic going to this one.

I went to a super walmart just past downtown it was awesome.....

Which direction do you turn when you get to the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd to get to this one? I have been to the one down 535 towards Kissimmee but didn't think it qualifies as just part downtown so am wondering if there is another newer one.

Which direction do you turn when you get to the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd to get to this one? I have been to the one down 535 towards Kissimmee but didn't think it qualifies as just part downtown so am wondering if there is another newer one.

Sounds like the same one. You turn right at the end of Hotel Resorts Blvd, it's about 3 miles down the road on the right. If you are coming from the boardwalk area, it's quicker to make the right turn just past the Bonnet Creek Resort onto 536, then turn right at the intersection with 535. I've used it on my last couple trips.

I've used the Winn-Dixie also, found it to be reasonable.

We've shopped at the Winn-Dixie, Publix, and Goodings. I recommend them in that order as well. We really don't like the Gooding's at all. I did go to a Super Walmart once but I have no idea where it was and it seemed far away.

D4D

We always shop at the Publix off of Black Lake Road to 192. It's a couple of miles past AKL. And if you go a few more miles and get off on the Clearmont exit there is a brand new Walmart. We go to both. The Publix is nice and quite and convenient. When you get to the light facing the AKL, turn left and follow that road to 192 and turn right. The Publix is about a 1/2 mile on the right. Very easy to get to. Much closer than the one near the outlet and hardly any traffic going to this one.

Thanks, I will have to remember that. We always hit Publix before we go to WDW. This past April we were there for DW's birthday and I was able to order the cake online here in B'ham and pick it up when we got down there. The traffic at the outlets wasn't that bad, but I bet it would be easier to get to the one you are describing as far as traffic goes. Anytime you can avoid Apopka-Vineland road, then you are doing well...

My wife and I shop at the SuperTarget on Irlo Bronson. It's about a 10-15 minute drive from Disney World, and useful for picking up other non-grocery items we seem to forget when travelling with a toddler.

Kissimmee West SuperTarget
4795 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy
Kissimmee, FL 34746
(407) 594-0029

We've gone to the Winn-Dixie and the Publix near SSR, and we prefer the Winn-Dixie. It certainly isn't fancy, but it had everything we needed for good prices and it was close. We'll stick with Winn-Dixie now. :thumbsup2

We also prefer the WD. I really don't like long Walmart/Target line-ups when on vacation, and have always found the WD to be very good (except on Sundays). We use the WD card and it helps bring the price down.

This is where we go too. Groceries, Christmas stuff, everything else we need. Plus, there's an Atlanta Bread Company in the same shopping center :thumbsup2

We're gonna have to say Winn-Dixie as well! We found everything we needed last Christmas at reasonable prices. We also picked up one of their cards. The location was perfect for us. I don't think any are a bad choice but, price wise, Goodings has to be the most expensive. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter