• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where did you go on your first date with your partner?

Don't currently have a "partner." But my latest had been friends for a while but I was hesitant to let things go beyond the friendship. The first time he kissed me was outside a local brewery. That was when I knew I was going to have to give in and let things happen. So that is what I consider to be our first date.

We have 2 first dates.

During the fall of our senior year in high school (October 1990), he asked me out, & we went to Dairy Queen & to see the movie "Quigley Down Under."

But things just didn't click. He started dating my best friend, & I started dating his best friend.

Fast forward to a little over a year later during the winter of our freshman year of college (February 1992), he asked me out again, & we went to McDonald's & to see the movie "Cape Fear."

And, this time, we clicked very well.

(And, eventually, we started going to restaurants better than Dairy Queen and McDonald's. LOL!)

DH and I went to dinner at Houlihans at Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta, then attempted to go dancing at a new club downtown. We were the only people there for an hour, which was really awkward on a first date- DH was trying so hard to impress me, and I think he figured I thought he was weird for taking me to some sad club, lol. We ended up leaving there and going to dance the night away at Petrus, a really hot club at the time (1990).

A Chris Ladoux concert, 21 years and 1 week ago. He told me a group of our friends were going, but he and I were the only ones who showed up.

We went to the movies after church group. He wanted to take me to dinner, too, but he had to be at work early the next morning. So we went to a nice dinner on our next date. Now we celebrate the anniversary of our first date every year with a nice dinner out and a movie (on the same night!). :)

We went to dinner at a now closed restaurant called the Longport Inn in Longport NJ. It was February 1992. A blind date.... and we’ve been together ever since.

Last edited:
January 26, 1990... he took me to a very nice restaurant in the Poconos. We were supposed to go to see Tango & Cash after dinner, but we never made it there. We lingered over dinner, talking, for 4-hours.

The next day, he sent me a huge bouquet of flowers and we went out again that night.

We were married 25 years this past April.

April 19, 1995. Yes, the day of the Oklahoma City bombing.

My wife and I took a walk around the city's historic district, ate dinner at a little cafe, and watched "A Walk in the Clouds".

We met at a bookstore. Had coffee there. The coffee date lasted three and a half hours. It was right before Christmas. I had an egg nog latte. I knew that night I’d marry him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter