when will waitlist end for us?

snowiit

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone! We're going in August and have a studio booked (pv) at BWV. We're waitlisted for BCV studio. When do they end our waitlist requests... does that automatically stop a week, a month, etc before our trip? And, when do people have to cancel their reservations by before any penalty. I'm just thinking ahead to our request having a better chance. Sorry for the dumb questions. My mother is the DVC owner and I am her associate. Thanks so much!
Also, since I'm the associate for her, can I call member services and check on these things (and to make sure she requested the right thing) myself? Ihave the ressie number here. If so, can someone give me the GS number? Nancy pirate:

"You request will remain on the wait list for up to 31 days before your arrival date. If you'd like to keep your name on the wait list beyond that time, contact member services." Thats what it says in the new member handbook. Not sure about the second question about cancelling. I'm still reading my handbook trying to figure it all out.

shelleyz said:
"You request will remain on the wait list for up to 31 days before your arrival date. If you'd like to keep your name on the wait list beyond that time, contact member services." Thats what it says in the new member handbook. Not sure about the second question about cancelling. I'm still reading my handbook trying to figure it all out.

Thanks a bunch, put a reminder on my calendar about calling to remain on the waitlist... now, anyone else that can tell me when members have to cancel by so I could get an idea when waitlist could possibly come through for us? Thanks so much for all your help!

Nancy :grouphug:

Members have to cancel by 31 days. Less than that the points going to a "holding account" which can only be reserved 60 days ahead and expire at the end of the use year (cannot be banked).

Well, a member can cancel until 1 day prior to check-in, but the best scenerio is if they cancel 31 or more days out prior to check-in because then the vacation points that aren't used go back into the account in the use year they were to be used.

A member who cancels from 30 to 1 day prior to check in has restrictions put on the points.

So, I guess your best bet is the 31 days prior to check in.

I think that people have also mentioned that at 7 days out, the waitist doesn't exist any more, but you can call for last minute changes. We've never been involved with that.

Bobbi :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter