When will the contract extension expire for Disney Employees?

Currently the top 10% pay 74% of all federal income taxes, so we are pretty much there already.

So it is just never enough...
The difference in wealth between the 1% - 10% is staggering, the 10th% is closer to the 100th% than they are the 5th%. Stop moving goal posts. The more money being held up at the top the less in circulation which helps drive inflation. They have so much there's no possible way to spend it all in 100 lifetimes. Close the loopholes and on top of that tax corporations more, the new minimum 15% is a start but it needs to be more. Forcing them to reinvest in their products, communities, and employees to lower their taxes was a good system, them profiting from stock buybacks and layoffs is not. The fact that we have the poor, the destitute, the homeless, and the hungry while we have billionaires and trillionaires is a fault in our society and it needs to be fixed.

The difference in wealth between the 1% - 10% is staggering, the 10th% is closer to the 100th% than they are the 5th%. Stop moving goal posts. The more money being held up at the top the less in circulation which helps drive inflation. They have so much there's no possible way to spend it all in 100 lifetimes. Close the loopholes and on top of that tax corporations more, the new minimum 15% is a start but it needs to be more. Forcing them to reinvest in their products, communities, and employees to lower their taxes was a good system, them profiting from stock buybacks and layoffs is not. The fact that we have the poor, the destitute, the homeless, and the hungry while we have billionaires and trillionaires is a fault in our society and it needs to be fixed.
None of your proposals with achieve your stated goals. They’ve all been tried multiple times and they have failed.

The more money being held up at the top the less in circulation which helps drive inflation.
So now it's the rich who are responsible for inflation? I follow the economy and markets pretty closely and have never heard that one. Source and research?

They have so much there's no possible way to spend it all in 100 lifetimes.
Of course, and our fine elected politicians in DC know how to spend it much better and soooo much quicker LOL.

Close the loopholes and on top of that tax corporations more, the new minimum 15% is a start but it needs to be more. Forcing them to reinvest in their products, communities, and employees to lower their taxes was a good system, them profiting from stock buybacks and layoffs is not.
Yes, close loopholes, take away any ambiguity in the tax code that allows for (unintended) favorable interpretation by taxpayers. Also agree that stock buybacks should not enrich executive bonuses or pay in any way. But, once you start "forcing" companies to do anything, you will most certainly have negative unintended consequences. Don't forget wealth is more mobile than ever and it will search out more favorable terms in other countries if it gets too confiscatory here.

The fact that we have the poor, the destitute, the homeless, and the hungry while we have billionaires and trillionaires is a fault in our society and it needs to be fixed.
There has to be a better way to fix that than confiscating other peoples wealth and punishing success. It has ended in disaster for each and every society that has tried it.
That all being said, I would not have a problem with a hefty death tax on the ultra wealthy that would not exempt charitable giving.

Last edited:
This!!!!!👆👆👆👆

Asking the wealthy to contribute more is not "punishing" them. For several decades now, the top 1%'s earnings have increased exponentially while the middle and lower classes have lagged more and more. Having more money than one knows what to do with is quite an accomplishment but to have no ethical compunction about how it is earned or what to do with it is concerning. Unfortunately, when the government attempts to equalize this disparity, business organizations are always faster and better able to respond and ultimately exploit any new legislation to their own benefit. It's easy to say "well work harder then" but when those at the top act without any sense or moral or ethic backbone, working harder does nothing other than make the 1% richer....

So now it's the rich who are responsible for inflation? I follow the economy and markets pretty closely and have never heard that one. Source and research?

Of course, and our fine elected politicians in DC know how to spend it much better and soooo much quicker LOL.

Yes, close loopholes, take away any ambiguity in the tax code that allows for (unintended) favorable interpretation by taxpayers. Also agree that stock buybacks should not enrich executive bonuses or pay in any way. But, once you start "forcing" companies to do anything, you will most certainly have negative unintended consequences. Don't forget wealth is more mobile than ever and it will search out more favorable terms in other countries if it gets too confiscatory here.

There has to be a better way to fix that than confiscating other peoples wealth and punishing success. It has ended in disaster for each and every society that has tried it.
That all being said, I would not have a problem with a hefty death tax on the ultra wealthy that would not exempt charitable giving.
I did not say the rich were solely responsible for inflation, I said they help contribute to it. The system is obviously currently broken and needs to be fixed. There's to much dark money in politics now for me to be terribly hopeful of anything coming out of DC but repealing Citizens Untied would be a big step forward in helping fix that. How taxes are supposed to work is pooling the wealth of the country to better distribute and provide purchasing power to the government so that goods and services can be provided at a reasonable rate to the masses. Look at the horror of the Texas power grid price gouging during the blackouts vs. how the rest of the country handles it. Every government regulation is written in blood, I think Ohio shows that expressly well. But if you would like some educational reading please refer to some of the following:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/01/richest-one-percent-gained-trillions-in-wealth-2021.html
https://www.clasp.org/blog/how-inflation-reinforces-economic-disparities/
https://www.citizen-times.com/story...use-inflation-rich-powerful-half/10226397002/

And a very good summary of how American Capitalism came to be:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/08/14/magazine/slavery-capitalism.html

"Unrestrained capitalism holds no monopoly on violence, but in making possible the pursuit of near limitless personal fortunes, often at someone else’s expense, it does put a cash value on our moral commitments." ... "It is the culture of acquiring wealth without work, growing at all costs and abusing the powerless. It is the culture that brought us the Panic of 1837, the stock-market crash of 1929 and the recession of 2008. It is the culture that has produced staggering inequality and undignified working conditions. If today America promotes a particular kind of low-road capitalism — a union-busting capitalism of poverty wages, gig jobs and normalized insecurity; a winner-take-all capitalism of stunning disparities not only permitting but awarding financial rule-bending; a racist capitalism that ignores the fact that slavery didn’t just deny black freedom but built white fortunes, originating the black-white wealth gap that annually grows wider — one reason is that American capitalism was founded on the lowest road there is."

Asking the wealthy to contribute more is not "punishing" them. For several decades now, the top 1%'s earnings have increased exponentially while the middle and lower classes have lagged more and more. Having more money than one knows what to do with is quite an accomplishment but to have no ethical compunction about how it is earned or what to do with it is concerning. Unfortunately, when the government attempts to equalize this disparity, business organizations are always faster and better able to respond and ultimately exploit any new legislation to their own benefit. It's easy to say "well work harder then" but when those at the top act without any sense or moral or ethic backbone, working harder does nothing other than make the 1% richer....

Working harder does, in fact, make you richer. At least that's how it worked for me and everyone else I know. What does make me poorer is the government every April. Not evil 1%ers.

Working harder does, in fact, make you richer. At least that's how it worked for me and everyone else I know. What does make me poorer is the government every April. Not evil 1%ers.
I'm glad it worked for you; the same goes for me. However, it is a logical fallacy to site a small sample of what is familiar to you to make a broader generalization about populations as a whole. Roughly 1 in 3 workers in the US makes less than $15/hour. To believe all those workers are just lazy and don't work hard enough feels naive to me.

I'm glad it worked for you; the same goes for me. However, it is a logical fallacy to site a small sample of what is familiar to you to make a broader generalization about populations as a whole. Roughly 1 in 3 workers in the US makes less than $15/hour. To believe all those workers are just lazy and don't work hard enough feels naive to me.

You get paid based on your skillset and how hard you work. Nobody is owed a high paying job. You have to work FOR it, and then work AT it. Lots of jobs aren't worth $15 an hour. If you think you are going to get richer handing out overpriced Mickey Mouse ice cream bar, then you have nobody to blame for the disappointment that will follow but yourself.

You get paid based on your skillset and how hard you work. Nobody is owed a high paying job. You have to work FOR it, and then work AT it. Lots of jobs aren't worth $15 an hour. If you think you are going to get richer handing out overpriced Mickey Mouse ice cream bar, then you have nobody to blame for the disappointment that will follow but yourself.

As someone who grew up middle class and saw their parents, who often worked more than 40 hour weeks, lose everything during the housing bubble this is flawed bootstrap mentality. DH and I started our working life at the lowest rung on the ladder and we were poor enough for food stamps and Medicaid. With those aides, a wisely chosen career, a smart city move, and a lot of luck we broke into the 10% income bracket. Knowing how easy it would be for us to fall back I have no desire to shun those in my previous situation and see them as lazy or less worthy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/19/opinion/economic-mobility.html

Last edited:
It's not necessarily about a "high" paying job. $15 is a relative number based on inflation and relative value; the important thing is even unskilled people should be able to make enough to live. I didn't say nor do I believe someone who hands out overpriced Mickey bars should get rich, but I do believe they should be able to afford the basic necessities.

It's not necessarily about a "high" paying job. $15 is a relative number based on inflation and relative value; the important thing is even unskilled people should be able to make enough to live. I didn't say nor do I believe someone who hands out overpriced Mickey bars should get rich, but I do believe they should be able to afford the basic necessities.
All I can think of during these last few posts :
Millennials are killing the burger-flipping industry : r ...

As someone who grew up middle class and saw their parents, who often worked more than 40 hour weeks, lose everything during the housing bubble this is flawed bootstrap mentality. DH and I started our working life at the lowest rung on the ladder and we were poor enough for food stamps and Medicaid. With those aides, a wisely chosen career, a smart city move, and a lot of luck we broke into the 10% income bracket. Knowing how easy it would be for us to fall back I have no desire to shun those in my previous situation and see them as lazy or less worthy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/19/opinion/economic-mobility.html

I'm no shunning anybody. I never called anybody lazy or less worthy. I just state reality of the market. Can't read the article because it's behind a paywall, but an opinion piece from the slanted NYT is rarely worth bringing into discussion anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter