• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do you think you'll be back?

Not sure. I’m in the more vulnerable age group, so not only do I want the vaccine, I want a lot of Florida to have had it too. Because of transmission in the community, which would worry me. Can’t say when/if all that will work out. At a guess, the earliest possible time would be 2023.

We have a Dec 2021 trip booked -- and we're really looking forward to it. It was originally supposed to be a Dec 2020 trip but we rescheduled it to a March 2021 trip --- but finally decided to reschedule again for Dec 2021 instead. By then most will have had vaccinations and hopefully the quarantine requirements on return won't be required. The only thing that would derail is if Disney hasn't restored it's offerrings (fireworks, shows, dining options, tours, FP+, etc....)

For those of you who are getting excited about the vaccine and how that will put family trips back into the planning stage there's something you might want to remember. Yes, OMG it's super exciting and fantastic news BUT, it's only for those 18 and older, they haven't even begun to get vaccines that will be approved for use by children. Don't lose hope but also remember that we are still trying to help the most vulnerable, our seniors. If children were the most vulnerable then the vaccines to be produced first would have been for those under 18. It will come, trust the science, wear your mask, wash your hands and watch your distance.

Well we just deposited our March 2021 week with the exchange company, so it looks like it'll be March 2022. I honestly think travel will pretty normal by then. We will probably be years getting over the shock of COVID, and we'll all still be cautious (I hope), but since we travel by car I'll feel fine about the risks.

For those of you who are getting excited about the vaccine and how that will put family trips back into the planning stage there's something you might want to remember. Yes, OMG it's super exciting and fantastic news BUT, it's only for those 18 and older, they haven't even begun to get vaccines that will be approved for use by children. Don't lose hope but also remember that we are still trying to help the most vulnerable, our seniors. If children were the most vulnerable then the vaccines to be produced first would have been for those under 18. It will come, trust the science, wear your mask, wash your hands and watch your distance.

Yes, good point. At this rate, they're expecting it will be at least towards the end of 2021 before they start vaccinating children. One of their concerns (with all vaccines, but this one especially) is that children tend to have even stronger reactions to vaccines than adults, and the Covid vaccine is already showing that it has pretty strong side effects/reactions. Many reports of it being very painful, and making you feel quite sick for 2-3 days after. In fact, one doctor, and I forget where I read it, said it will be wise for people to plan to take 1-2 days off work after getting the vaccine. The reaction seems to be the worst after the second dose.

2022...(Hopefully May).........30th Wedding Anniversary. Also hoping to do a cruise afterwards (if the cruise lines survive covid)

i just cancelled my March 2021 trip to Hilton Head. I am holding on to hope for my August 2021 and December 2021 WDW trips!

I know kids won’t be vaccinated by the summer. But with adults getting vaccinated transmission should go down a lot. For us it would mean all in our house but my son could get vaccinated. And he’s not likely to have a serious illness if he caught it.

We decided if the rest of us are vaccinated by the summer we will go. Even if we still have to wear masks. We just need the trip and we are getting used to wearing them all the time anyways. And if we go in the summer it wouldn’t be hard to keep our son away from other people for some time after we get back. And I’m hopeful by then there will be more testing so we could also get him tested.

Yes, good point. At this rate, they're expecting it will be at least towards the end of 2021 before they start vaccinating children. One of their concerns (with all vaccines, but this one especially) is that children tend to have even stronger reactions to vaccines than adults, and the Covid vaccine is already showing that it has pretty strong side effects/reactions. Many reports of it being very painful, and making you feel quite sick for 2-3 days after. In fact, one doctor, and I forget where I read it, said it will be wise for people to plan to take 1-2 days off work after getting the vaccine. The reaction seems to be the worst after the second dose.
Children are also the least vulnerable of our population when it comes to Covid ( hence the schools being open ) and the trials and rollout will be to protect our population in order of vulnerability to severe illness. Children were going to be the last to get it anyway . Here’s a good article explaining the how and why . Looks like testing for children commence in 2021

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5826606
As it pertains to travel and us personally , my whole family are adults, with the exception of my son who would be almost 18 at the time . I would feel comfortable taking him if he were allowed but not yet vaccinated. I fully expect to be following mask and social distancing rules for a long time to come anyway and that they will begin to ease travel restrictions prior to the vaccine rollout for kids . We’re very careful and he could quarantine upon return if required.

Wife and I are thinking end of August, without kids. I doubt we will have access to vaccinations by then, but I'm pretty hopeful alot of the older/at risk population in the US will and things will be a little better than they are now (but will get worse first...). We will drive or fly if the land border is not open by then. We are early 40s and in good shape.

Don't know at this point. We had the most perfect trip planned this past summer. 4 days at the Parks (on Canadian tickets) + 4 night cruise out of Port Canaveral. It fit wonderfully as this year is a leap year so we had that extra week of summer. (My son works at a camp we can only go that last week so he doesn't miss his job).

We have cruises booked for 2021 (or nothing...depending if they go) and then won't be possible in 2022. So maybe summer of 2023? Or we could try again for the leap year thing in 2024...but yikes, that is so far off and my son will be graduating high school.

We are limited to March Break (super busy...and can imagine even more so going forward with trips getting cancelled) or last week in summer.

Wife and I are thinking end of August, without kids. I doubt we will have access to vaccinations by then, but I'm pretty hopeful alot of the older/at risk population in the US will and things will be a little better than they are now (but will get worse first...). We will drive or fly if the land border is not open by then. We are early 40s and in good shape.

Actually there is a good chance you would have access by the end of August.

I'm thinking summer 2022. We were waiting until the renovations were done in Epcot anyway, so waiting another year won't hurt us.

In the meantime, I just booked a cottage in the Bruce Peninsula for a week in July. I think we'll see enough progress in Ontario that it feels like a safe option. Plus I've never been.

In the meantime, I just booked a cottage in the Bruce Peninsula for a week in July. I think we'll see enough progress in Ontario that it feels like a safe option. Plus I've never been.

We're trying to decide what we'll be doing for summer 2021 as well. It's so weird - normally by this time of year we are actively in the planning/booking stage for our summer vacations. We book early to try and get the best deals, hit up Black Friday sales on tickets etc... It's weird to be in this "wait and see" pattern. It's just so hard to know where we'll be at with Covid come summer - where will we be allowed to travel that's a) not experiencing high case load and b) doesn't have an isolation requirement when we come home?

I wish we could go to New Hampshire (which we were supposed to do this summer) but I highly doubt that will be an option. My guess is we'll be "stuck" with the Atlantic region of Canada again. Which don't get me wrong - it's beautiful here. But when you live here, and have travelled the area your entire life, and have done everything you're interested in multiple times, it kind of loses it's lustre I guess, and becomes hard to get excited about it. #firstworldproblems

On last day of 14 quarantine...which means I was last there two weeks ago. My AP is now expired; and while I really want to renew, I am pretty sure I have resigned myself to the fact that I should wait until things improve/vaccination is possible and they start selling AP’s again. Pre-Covid, I had planned to get an AP again in late 2021; so I should try and stick to that (got a little addicted though with 5 trips in 17 months) I was going to tide myself over with a trip to Disneyland in March 2021. We know that will not be happening.
The big hope is things fully return to normal by Spring 2023 for an Asian Disney trip (I am turning a certain age..seemed a good time to do it..)

I have went 2 years between trips to DL or WDW before, I can do this 😂😂.

I’m hoping August 2021 for DLR to replace the cancelled trip this year. Maybe a bit more realistic is our plan to head back to WDW in November 2022.

It would have been 2023 because we are scheduled to do a DCL Alaska cruise in summer 2021, however it is looking more and more like Alaska will be pushed to 2022 so WDW [coupled with a DCL Bahamas or Caribbean cruise] will be pushed to 2024.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter