When a Good Friend Suddenly Disappears

So this is kinda odd.

No, really odd.

Today at the service, I was speaking with my friend's husband, and I mentioned the older black woman at church, who was bald and wearing a dress and was standing at the end of the bridge and hugged me cheek to cheek and my friend's husband sort of laughed and said, "That sound's like her mentor. She was an older black woman."

LOL, okay.

But then...I told our pastor the same thing and he said, "I don't know who that was. I think you may have seen an angel."

Which I found as weird because our church isn't big. How could he not know her?

Then...tonight, another good friend asked how the service went and I told HER about the woman and the bridge and the cheek to cheek hug, and SHE said, "That sounds just like our friend's spiritual mother who died years ago."

I laughed and said, "Hahaha, right. But was she BALD?"

"Yes," my friend responds, "Yes, actually she was."

Wait whaaaat? o_O

Yall. I don't know what to think about this. I mean this woman just stood on the grass at the end of this long bridge and never put her arms down. She just stood there staring at me with the biggest look of love on her face, waiting for me as I walked across the bridge to the other side. She wrapped me in her arms, put her face against mine, said something about the children, and said words of love...I can't remember. I just recall being so shocked as she was a stranger, and her eyes...they were oddly blue/white. I'm not making this up. Dangit...okay, now this is so weird. I felt her. She hugged me. She stood there and waited for me to walk that whole bridge and never dropped her arms. (made me feel awkward because I had never seen her before).

Not sure what to think.

I'm sure I'll see her next week.

Right? :rolleyes1

Right??

I have been on the Dis for years and years, and this is the saddest, most powerful posts I've ever read. I am so, so very sorry for your loss of your dear friend! I do believe you met an angel on that bridge. I hope you have dreams of your friend, she will come to visit that way. I just want to give you a big, giant hug.

I have been on the Dis for years and years, and this is the saddest, most powerful posts I've ever read. I am so, so very sorry for your loss of your dear friend! I do believe you met an angel on that bridge. :grouphug: I hope you have dreams of your friend, she will come to visit that way. I just want to give you a big, giant hug.
Without a doubt, you met an angel whos arms were outstretched to help you through your grief journey..:rose:

For some reason, I thought about this post. I know it's a few years old, but it was such a sad, sensitive time for me and everyone.

I wanted to update yall on what I found out about the cause.

First, no, I never did see that beautiful, black, bald, blue eyed hugging woman again. Hearing that my dear, spiritual mama 'Ev''s very own spiritual mama was a bald black woman who had already gone 'home' does catch my breath and make me wonder if the good Lord allowed me to see and experience something that was a once in a lifetime. I know I didn't make this up. It happened. I felt it. I saw it.

Now, about my friend. I found out she died from a UTI.

Yall.

When I had last called to invite her to lunch, her spouse told me she wouldn't be able to go because she was always needed to pee. So I told him right away, "She most likely has a UTI, you need to get her in to the doctor right away. These things can be very serious if left untreated."

She had a doctor's appointment in two months and they would see about it then.

Oh my ever lovin'. NO. No, I told him, you need to go NOW. (my Aunt died of this very thing, you don't mess around with UTIs as they can go sepsis and lead to death.)

That was the last of it. She refused to go to her summer appointment and it took her life.

This could have been 1000% avoided and my dear, beautiful blond-headed blue eyed nordic fierce mama-friend would still be here.

Please. If you suspect a UTI, constant peeing, pain, feeling the urge, OR, if your elderly loved one has sudden confusion, GO, get a urine test and insist it be cultured. (sometimes the initial test doesn't catch it) This can be treated!

Oh, how I miss my friend.

Attachments

• 9A20B574-F0B1-4CF7-902D-1BFE70116695.jpeg
    9A20B574-F0B1-4CF7-902D-1BFE70116695.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 26
For some reason, I thought about this post. I know it's a few years old, but it was such a sad, sensitive time for me and everyone.

I wanted to update yall on what I found out about the cause.

First, no, I never did see that beautiful, black, bald, blue eyed hugging woman again. Hearing that my dear, spiritual mama 'Ev''s very own spiritual mama was a bald black woman who had already gone 'home' does catch my breath and make me wonder if the good Lord allowed me to see and experience something that was a once in a lifetime. I know I didn't make this up. It happened. I felt it. I saw it.

Now, about my friend. I found out she died from a UTI.

Yall.

When I had last called to invite her to lunch, her spouse told me she wouldn't be able to go because she was always needed to pee. So I told him right away, "She most likely has a UTI, you need to get her in to the doctor right away. These things can be very serious if left untreated."

She had a doctor's appointment in two months and they would see about it then.

Oh my ever lovin'. NO. No, I told him, you need to go NOW. (my Aunt died of this very thing, you don't mess around with UTIs as they can go sepsis and lead to death.)

That was the last of it. She refused to go to her summer appointment and it took her life.

This could have been 1000% avoided and my dear, beautiful blond-headed blue eyed nordic fierce mama-friend would still be here.

Please. If you suspect a UTI, constant peeing, pain, feeling the urge, OR, if your elderly loved one has sudden confusion, GO, get a urine test and insist it be cultured. (sometimes the initial test doesn't catch it) This can be treated!

Oh, how I miss my friend.
Telling the rest of the story is a generous thing to do. Our family learned the hard way about what devastation a UTI can have on an elderly person AND that they don't manifest the same way in the elderly as they do in younger women. Hopefully this information will reach just the right person at just the right time - a divine intervention like your bridge-hug was. :hug:

I can't remember if I saw this when it was first posted,but just wanted to say it was a wonderful and moving story.Thank you for sharing-today was a good day to hear it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter