What's the deal with Custom Crops?

Wow! I've been following this thread for a while..and all I can say is I'm glad I don't order from them!!! That is just awful..and a 10.00 gift card/credit..gee whiz!!! That doesn't even hold a candle to what you have been dealing with.. It's not like those machines are just a small amount of money!

Well, I'm anxious to hear if it arrives in 2-3 days.. I'll be checking back routinely!!

Good luck!!! :)

Thanks for your input, ladies...that's how I feel, too! A measly $10 for all that hassle? And, I doubt it's "acceptable" for them to bribe their unhappy customers for positive feedback, but after seeing how ebay handled my initial report to them, I wonder if they'd care or do anything about it if I took the time to notify them of the offer. :rolleyes:

And, as you said, what ever I could buy from them with the $10 credit wouldn't be worth the aggravation of dealing with a company I no longer trust. I'd probably have to wait 2 months for it to ship, anyway, LOL!

They still owe me that Sizzix alphabet that's on back order...which they, of course, already charged me for...yet another "unorthodox" business approach (typically when items are on back order, companies do not bill the customer until the product SHIPS). :sad2: Their latest "update" is that the product is expected to arrive to them by 9/25 and it's their "top priority" to ship back ordered products, so I should receive it shortly after...I won't hold my breath, though. :rolleyes1

I'll keep you all posted on the arrival of my products and am glad that sharing my experience might spare some of you the headache of dealing with this company. :thumbsup2

If it were me, I'd still contact AmEx to see if they'll delay payment until you receive your product. The company sending a second shipping number doesn't guarantee that they sent it out any more than the first one did. :sad2:

I read on another message board that the company (not AmEx) is frequently out of the product they sell. But they offer low prices. :rotfl2:

Like AWM wrote, they were going to PAY you to leave good or no feedback?!

After all this, I think I'd rather pay a little more elsewhere! Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm hoping for a fairytale ending! princess:

Marylee pixiedust:

If it were me, I'd still contact AmEx to see if they'll delay payment until you receive your product. The company sending a second shipping number doesn't guarantee that they sent it out any more than the first one did. :sad2:

I read on another message board that the company (not AmEx) is frequently out of the product they sell. But they offer low prices. :rotfl2:

Like AWM wrote, they were going to PAY you to leave good or no feedback?!

After all this, I think I'd rather pay a little more elsewhere! Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm hoping for a fairytale ending! princess:

Marylee pixiedust:

I thought the same exact thing, Marylee, but then I checked the second tracking number to see what it said. As of this afternoon, it indicated that it did, indeed, "ship" from their plant in IL and is "in transit". The old one does not nor did it ever indicate that the item was in transit...it just mentioned something about "billing information".

When I spoke with UPS and asked what that means, they explained that it simply means Custom Crops "submitted notification" of a package to be picked up, but that they never actually GAVE the package to UPS. It basically opens up an invoice (or Purchase Order, for lack of a better term), but the 'status' of the package never changes until the package is physically picked up by UPS.

The new tracking number is clearly different from the first, in the respect that it's been updating the status since yesterday morning. :thumbsup2

I just checked it again and it says it left the UPS hub in IL at 2:30 in the morning on the 23rd and "Tracking results provided by UPS: 09/24/2008 12:37 A.M. ET"...so, if that's accurate, it will be here around noon on Wednesday! :banana: :yay:

I'll keep you posted. :p

Heck, being in IL, I could have probably driven over and got it and put it in the mail for ya!

Keep us posted!!!

The new tracking number is clearly different from the first, in the respect that it's been updating the status since yesterday morning. :thumbsup2

I just checked it again and it says it left the UPS hub in IL at 2:30 in the morning on the 23rd and "Tracking results provided by UPS: 09/24/2008 12:37 A.M. ET"...so, if that's accurate, it will be here around noon on Wednesday! :banana: :yay:

I'll keep you posted. :p

:thumbsup2 That DOES look encouraging! :thumbsup2

Marylee pixiedust:

Well, ladies, I have great news! It finally arrived...late yesterday morning, as scheduled!! :cool1: :yay: :banana: :cheer2: :woohoo:

Having never seen the Expressions machine in person, I didn't realize how big it was! Would have made sense to read the dimensions before buying it, but it wouldn't have discouraged me anyway...I might have just rearranged my "cutting station" differently, to accommodate this monster. It will work right where I have it, for now, though: (hmm, not sure why my pictures are coming up as just a link...is there some restriction based on number of posts or how long you've been a member?) :confused3

HPIM3229.jpg

HPIM3230.jpg

My only concern at the moment is that the mat came sort of "folded" in the box, as you can see in the photos below, and even though I've been trying to flatten it out for the last 2 days by piling heavy objects on top of it (flipping it over to the opposite side periodically), it hasn't taken the 'bend' out of it. I tried to cut something with it and right at the point where that bend is, the cricut didn't cut the paper clear through, so it's definitely interfering with the machine making a precision cut. :sad1:

HPIM3223.jpg

HPIM3226.jpg

Anyone have any thoughts on how to get this kink out of it? If you have an Expressions with the large mat, how did yours arrive? I guess I'll give it another day or so to see if I can flatten it out with applying the weight on it, but if I can't fix it, I'm going to have them ship another mat to me and make sure they don't fold the doggone thing this time, LOL! ;)

AND, things are really looking up because I received shipping confirmation on the Sizzix alphabet die, too! If all goes as planned, that should be here by Tuesday! :thumbsup2:

Glad it arrived..but that's pretty crappy that the mat is bent... My first thought was stacking heavy stuff on it and you've done that.. I'd call this AM and tell them & email them about how the mat is bent and you have photos to show how it was packaged and that you want a replacement ASAP!!!

Good luck!!!

When I bought my expression the mat was rolled around the machine similar to yours but it did not fold up at all. It doesn't fit in the box from provocraft without bending but normally it is in there better than that and I didn't have any problem using mine. Until I used it a couple of times it did want to roll back up (round not creased though. I will be getting a new expression from provocraft in the next week and I can tell you exactly how that one is packaged though.

Rebecca

Glad it arrived..but that's pretty crappy that the mat is bent... My first thought was stacking heavy stuff on it and you've done that.. I'd call this AM and tell them & email them about how the mat is bent and you have photos to show how it was packaged and that you want a replacement ASAP!!!

Good luck!!!

Thanks, Nancy. They never answer the phone so I'll have to email. "ASAP" is a relative term when we're dealing with Custom Crops! It takes them over a week to even READ their emails and respond to them, so the ASAP part would mean even if they shipped it next day air, it would still be over a week before I got one! :sad2: But, you're right, that would be the avenue to take and I'll be doing that today if it doesn't straighten itself out.

When I bought my expression the mat was rolled around the machine similar to yours but it did not fold up at all. It doesn't fit in the box from provocraft without bending but normally it is in there better than that and I didn't have any problem using mine. Until I used it a couple of times it did want to roll back up (round not creased though. I will be getting a new expression from provocraft in the next week and I can tell you exactly how that one is packaged though.

Rebecca

Thanks for that information, Rebecca, it's very helpful. :thumbsup2 You say you have an Expression, and are getting a new one next week...what's that about, if you don't mind me asking? Is it defective in some way?

I'm glad you finally got your Expression. I've ordered from Custom Crops many times (through their site and through Ebay) and they've always shipped very fast. I got my Expression through an Ebay auction with them and I had it within 3 days. I'm sorry that you had such a time getting yours.

When I got my Expression, my mat was curved around the machine like Rebecca's. It took a couple of days to get it to lay flat, but it was just rounded in the middle, not bent like yours. I hope you can that straightened out quickly.

Enjoy your new toy!!!!

Just want to share with others my experience with them!! I have ordered on Ebay and had problems so I thought I would try them directly no better luck.
On ebay I have gotten the wrong things sent and the shipping takes forever and I only live an hour away from them...I finally sent an email and asked if they wanted me to come pick it up so i could get it!!!
But today was my final straw with them...I have been watching for 2 weeks for the cricut expression to come back in stock it kept saying it was out of stock until the 16th NO WHERE on the site did it say this was a special price sale but today i checked to see if it was in yet and the price went up $60 on the one I was looking to buy I called and asked what was going on and she said it was a sale I said it did not say that she said It does nat have to be posted sale!!! I said well can you honor the price since I did not place the order because it was not in stock she said no because it is still not in stock and they can charge whatever they want when they want...so i asked her to let me talk to a manager and she said the same thing i said this REALLY poor service and she said OH WELL!! :scared1:

Wow!! Sorry they have you such a cruddy experience.. I know there are a group I will NOT look at.. well, I look..when I see it's them.. I move on!!

I've ordered from them many times before and have always had very quick shipping. Matter of fact, I remeber I ordered something on a Friday and received that Monday. I'm sure some people have had issues with them just like any other store or online store, but I've never had anything bad happened with me. Give them a try.

I've ordered from them many times before and have always had very quick shipping. Matter of fact, I remeber I ordered something on a Friday and received that Monday. I'm sure some people have had issues with them just like any other store or online store, but I've never had anything bad happened with me. Give them a try.

My experience was just like this! I ordered a cart not long ago when someone posted about their $29.99 price. I ordered it on Friday and it arrived on Tuesday. It was their website though, not an ebay store, I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

I would not hesitate to order from the again.

I'm sorry for anyone who has a bad experience with Custom Crops. I've used them quite a bit lately and I've had great success with them. I've also went directly throught the Custom Crops website and not through Ebay. My DH bought the Cricut machine, Design Studio, Jukebox and 5 or 6 cartridges for me and we have had no problems with shipping. That's what I hate about going through Ebay (even though I buy a lot of stuff from there) you never really know what you are going to get and it's just so much of a gamble.

I placed 2 orders over the holiday season and received my orders quickly and correctly. Great prices too!

I placed an order in January and received one item, but was told the other was backordered. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to e-mail them and ask about the other product, for which they already charged me. I still haven't received it.

Do not order from this business. They are extremely direputable. I have e-mails telling me they will send it and I don't receive it. I'll be contacting my bank next week and hopefully they can do something, since it is fradulent. If not, I'll be looking at another way to hold them accountable.

I hope this helps someone. The owners of this business are not decent business owners/people, in my opinion. Watch out!! I have never encountered such dishonesty in my online dealings with businesses.

Emg05

OH CRAP!! Why did I not check with my DIS Friends before I placed my order!! DARN!!!

I just ordered 3 carts on Sunday and paid extra for Priority shipping to Canada (because it has a tracking number and it is quicker). I wanted these items for the 14th, but I guess I am going to be SOL on that one.:sad2:

I will keep you posted on the status. Out of curiousity, what is their EBay user name? I was trying to search for it, but could not find it.

Amy

Now I am in a full fledge panic!! All 3 phone numbers I have for them appear to be disconnected!!

Can anyone assist me with contact information?

Here is what I have:

877-563-1233
630-689-1147
800-348-9007

I am so dumb to order and not check it out first!!!

I am just sick over this!!

Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter