Whats something your parents owned that you havent?

magnavox color tv/am fm radio/turntable stereo in a beautiful solid wood cabinet

an adding machine with paper tape (i remember dad doing the taxes on it)

an incinerator (back when every household had one in the backyard to burn trash)

8 track player
Ashtray stand
Recliners
Burnt orange crushed velvet sofa 🤮
Burnt orange shag carpet
Harvest gold appliances
Formica counter tops
Wood paneling 🤮
Handling lamps
Deep green crushed velvet rocking chair
Seriously where did they find this hideous furniture???

Acreage
A tractor.
A car with a manual transmission.
A water well
A hand crank meat grinder

8 track player
Ashtray stand
Recliners
Burnt orange shag carpet
Harvest gold appliances
Formica counter tops
Wood paneling 🤮
Handling lamps
LOL. I put wood paneling in my house because of how it looked in my parents house.

LOL. I put wood paneling in my house because of how it looked in my parents house.
I’m sure you got very nice looking paneling trust me my parents did not 🤣🤣🤣 refer back to some of their other decorating choices - these were all at the same time

I’m sure you got very nice looking paneling trust me my parents did not 🤣🤣🤣 refer back to some of their other decorating choices - these were all at the same time
My dad was in the Lumber business, so yes, their paneled and mine are nice.

8 track player
Ashtray stand
Recliners
Burnt orange shag carpet
Harvest gold appliances
Formica counter tops
Wood paneling 🤮
Handling lamps
I grew up with a bright orange sectional. To this day, I hate the color orange.

Acreage
A tractor.
A car with a manual transmission.
A water well
A hand crank meat grinder

I could be your parents - except for the hand crank meat grinder! Actually just bought a new one this afternoon, but it's electric!

I'm trying to think .... ah - a house with stained trim. I swear it seemed like our first couple of houses everything was stained or varnished! Oh - and my folks last three houses have all had mahogany wood floors. We've gone with the fake wood floors since they hold up better w/ dogs & kids.

A camper trailer
A truck and camper top
3 Acres
Small garden tractor
Fruit trees
Self built house
Self poured concrete walkways
Gravel drive

I could be your parents - except for the hand crank meat grinder! Actually just bought a new one this afternoon, but it's electric!

I'm trying to think .... ah - a house with stained trim. I swear it seemed like our first couple of houses everything was stained or varnished! Oh - and my folks last three houses have all had mahogany wood floors. We've gone with the fake wood floors since they hold up better w/ dogs & kids.
LOL. That is a lot of houses. My parents had two. Lived in the first one 10 years. Second one 53 years when mom passed.

My brother and sister in law are in their first, last and only house. 57 years so far.

My wife and I are in our first, last and only house. 41 years so far.

I think my parents did better than us. They paid $2,500 for their first house on 5 acres. Sold it for $50,000. Bought the second house for $29,500. So over 63 years their net cost for houses was zero, actually a profit of $30,500. I sold the second house for $556,000.

me too-except my meat grinder is a kitchen aide attachment.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest