What would your dream Disney resort be?

Great Question, Richard. We would like to see a resort where the rooms are located INSIDE each oversized character, with the Castle being the CENTER of the "world" within a world. So, if you checked into the "Wonderful World of Disney" resort...you could reserve a room in GOOFY (yes...goofy shaped pool too), or TINK, or M&M, or D&D, or Chip & Dale, etc. These characters would be roughly 5-6 stories in height, and could be posed in different variations according to design/architectural needs. GOOFY could be lying on his side, M&M could be holding hands, etc. My DB would LOVE to stay in PLUTO! Disney could expand...and Create the "HUNDRED ACRE WOODS" resort, with themed character resorts like a giant POOH Bear, TIGGER, EEYORE and KANGA...etc.! With Disney...the Sky is the limit! ;)

I think there should be a "Storybook" theme hotel with different buildings representing different stories. For example, a Winnie the Pooh area, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, etc. I guess it's kind of like All Star Movies, but I'd go much further in the room decor. Cindy's rooms would be blue and silver, Pooh's would be hunny yellow.....all the rooms would have special bedspreads reflecting the themes (like at the GF), even the doorknobs and elevator buttons.

ALSO,

Disney could buy the rights to Harry Potter and do a Hogwarts hotel!

Thanks for all your replies, I love reading other people's Ideas! :)

grandflo89 -
I LOVE the idea of an underwater themed hotel - it sounds amazing, The 'underwater people movers' sound excellent.

Dreamflight99 -
'The Wonderful World of Disney Resort sounds great, too - my DW would LOVE the 100 acre wood resort!

Mississippian -
With the French theme, if the staff is rude to the customers, Disney can claim it's all part of the theming.

LOL!, good excuse for disney!

Scanne -
A storybook hotel sounds great too, It would be great if Disney could buy the rights to Harry Potter - A Hogwarts 'castle' hotel would be amazing.

--

Keep the Idea's coming!!

I've said this before, but I would do either another campground or another deluxe with an outback theme, and put it near the AKL. I would then connect Disney's Outback to the AKL and AK via light rail. The outback would feature views of savannahs with koalas, kangaroos, etc., and would feature two pools. One would be a typical Disney quiet pool, with 2 hot tubs (a pool for the adults), and the other would be part pool, part aquarium, with a water slide that travels through the salt water aquarium with sharks and coral reefs and so forth (think Atlantis @ Nassau). The pool would have a glass wall that allowed a peak into the aquarium from underwater, so that you had the impression of swimming with the fish. The rooms would be inside-access, 400 sq. ft. plus rooms similar to the Poly or CR, and would feature queen beds with a full size day bed to accomodate a 5th person. Deluxe rooms would be 450 sq. ft. and would feature two queens and a bunk bed, or 1 king and a bunk bed. This would offer the only hotel room for six on property. Dining would be one nice steakhouse with real Australian delicacies, one all purpose restaurant, and one buffet restaurant with a Rescuer's Theme. I think in an ideal world, the waterways near AK would need to be tied into this resort to offer boating as a recreational option. Also, the eventual addition of the monorail would be in the plans.

I REALLY like the idea of them buying the Harry Potter rights. A Hogwarts resort would be amazing. Although, I am not sure they could have the stairs move as they do at Hogwarts :)

A deluxe resort ON Castaway Cay !! The Magic/Wonder could drop me off and pick me back up a week (or two, or three) later! I seriously considered quitting my job and leaving my family to work there when we pulled out of port and watched CC disappear on the horizon - I came to my senses, but would love to go back to that island and stay as a guest !:smooth:

Originally posted by bjakmom
A deluxe resort ON Castaway Cay !! The Magic/Wonder could drop me off and pick me back up a week (or two, or three) later! I seriously considered quitting my job and leaving my family to work there when we pulled out of port and watched CC disappear on the horizon - I came to my senses, but would love to go back to that island and stay as a guest !:smooth:
MOSQUITOES! This is why they LEAVE the Island at 5:00...as it's overwhelmed with mosquitoes. They are trying some measures (using the Hammacher Schlemmer mosquito tanks, etc.). I WOULD adore this idea, (resort), and line up to be one of the first to stay! We felt the same way this past summer, as we stood on the beach in Grand Cayman. We seriously contemplated going AWOL, and working as STINGRAY GUIDES on the sandbars!! LOL!!:p

Here's my idea:

- deluxe resort
- on the monorail
- ultimate luxury
- all suites (750 sq.ft. and 950 sq.ft.)
- themed like the Venetian in Las Vegas
- huge indoor shopping mall
- indoor and outdoor pools
- 4 or 5 different restaurants

That's my type of place! :)

I think a totally character theme would be awesome. Maybe a fab 5 themed one, where they just go all out in the decorations like at the other all stars. I have had many kids want to stay at mickey's house or even in pooh's hundred acre woods....there are a ton of possibilities with this one....monorail access fun, but not necessary for me, oh and a waterslide at the pool is always nice!!!

I like several of the ideas...castle, Hogwarts, themed, Vegas-style, etc. etc. You all are sooooo creative!!

However, my one request...if they could make a moderate that housed a family of 5--love POR, but would love another choice sometimes! That would be my one dream request.

What a great question. I thought I was the only idiot who would stay up late designing a true "fantasy" hotel. :rolleyes:

My hotel would have many different themed rooms. You want to live like Ariel? Your room would have giant aquarium pillars and of course, colors of the ocean. You want to live in Snow White's cottage? Your bed would resemble the dwarfs' and your windows would be leaded glass. Your balcony would overlook a beautiful forest. Cinderella's room would be at the top of the stairs, in the turret, naturally. Your view would be of MK's castle.

It went on and on, until I was upset that it did not exist:(

I loved everyone's ideas. Thanks for the great reading experience! Love, Wilma:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter