• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you do ?

Dee8197

<font color=indigo>Those blinking rats get me ever
If its very hot and there are 2 hour waits for the ride or even 30 minutes come to that, what would you do.:crowded: (I can't stand queueing :bored: ) I know we can get fast passes if we are in time, and we can go back to the hotel and swim, but any other ideas. :scratchin
We don't want to go outside of DLP.
( I guess I could get a dictionary and relearn the art of spelling but.........:idea:

My DH says he doesn't want to wander aimlessly:sad2:
At WDW we take a stroll around the various hotels and take the water launches to the various hotels etc but what can we do at DLP. Any ideas appreciated

I can't help with the queeing Dee , but if you want FP's i would suggest getting in parks early. People had FP's but every machine we saw was covered up even before lunch

Hi Dee,

Can't remember what ages your children are - I'm sure you've mentioned it in a previous post, but if they are quite young our little two really enjoyed the playground at Captain Hook's Galley [is it Pirate's Beach?], and also the farm - both the one at Davy Crockett's Ranch and Critter Coral [I think that was Adventureland] :cheer2: .
Also I don't know if its open to people not staying at the ranch, but there is the new treetops adventure "thing"! Again this would depend on the ages of the children, but it looks really impressive. You have all these activities up in the treetops and believe me those trees are high!!! :crazy:

Hi Dee,

I would get there early, use FP as much as possible and probably when Parc Disneyland gets really busy head over to the Studios. Even at peak times we didn't find the studios busy!

What about a nice walk round the lake or a look round the hotels?

Cheers

Karen

Thanks everyone

Bonhoga, my little one is 8, he's the only one going with us this time.:sad2: They grow up all too fast !
Berwyn, Thanks for the tip, I guessed reading the reports that the early bird catches the worm;)
Miffy, we like walking and I dare say we will walk to the parks rather than taking the bus anyway, but you are right a walk around the lake would be nice.
Sorry to harp on about WDW but...... we get the water launch to Fort Wilderness and wonder around there when we want a break from the parks, but can you do that kind of thing at DLP in terms of the ranch ? ( Stupid question! There is no public transport to the ranch, is there ? ) OK, think again time

You're right Dee, there aren't any water launches - but you answered your own question!

Miffy - Just prooves I talk to myself !:confused3 :rotfl:

There's no hope........:chat:

You can hire a pedal bike which seats up to four. They are available around the lake . We actually saw one with two teenagers cycling with their granny sitting in the childs seat at the front - very funny especially when she wanted to get out and found her legs had stopped working (cramped area in the CHILDS seat!!). She was getting very heated and her grandchildren kept laughing and trying to pull her out of the seat - well, it beats tv anyday!!
Or what about the panoramagique balloon? Or the little boats you can either pedal or are motorised on the lake?
Unfortunately Disney queues are not something you can easily avoid are they! They do say the queue on the left of every ride goes quicker - dont have a clue why! But maybe you could test the theory!! Or use the queues as a way of flopping against the family in front - er isnt that what queue-etiquette is all about!!?! ;)

Thanks Widget

When are you doing to DLP again? I can't wait for another of your trip reports. I haven't laughed so much in ages. I'm still chuckling about the shower incident.
You should write your own DLP guide. " Widget's unofficial guide to DLP" It would be unique and I'd buy it!

Not for a while - but then again, y'never know!! Im planning a December trip to Florida though - so I guess I can check out their showers and report back about them!!
Thanks for the confidence boost about the 'book' Id prefer to write one on the hunky french firemen I kept seeing around the lake and the Studios - a lot of raw recruits being shown where the hoses were kept - phew, getting hot under the collar now and remembering just in time that this is a family site and dont wanna get thrown out (but, cor they were gorgeous!! ;) )

Widget............ Really !:hyper:
On second thooughts maybe you should entitle it " Widget's Alternative Guide to DLP "

:jumping1:

I'd agree with suggestion of getting there early.
We went to park from opening and in the first hour managed 7 rides. That was with DD (7), DS (4) and DD (2).

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter