• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you do?

Princess Bette

DIS Veteran
We are flying into MCO on 3/21/15 arriving at 8:25 am for a Disney Cruise that departs the next day. My 11 yo son really wants to spend the day wizarding at US/IOA. We have never been and would love to take him. Is it feasible and if so, give me your best game plan. TIA.

you'll be there on a sunday and spring break.
you'll see crowds at the potter areas.
but, if he really wants to see it, go.

if you land around 8:30 am, go directly to your hotel and checkin.
get to the parks as soon as possible and brave the crowds for a delightful day there.

if you stay onsite, you can use the express lines without costs involved.
but if you only want potter stuff, the main rides do not have express.

do a park to park ticket for one day and spend it all in the 2 potter sections in the parks.

it can be doable even if you stay offsite.

If it fits your budget, I say go for it. You'll have plenty of time to relax on the cruise afterward. Do get a park to park ticket, so you can see both parts and ride the HE.

Thanks for the replies! I think we are going to be brave and go for it - after all, we have 7 days on the Magic to rest and relax!

Were you planning on spending that night at a Universal hotel and then driving to Port Canaveral the next morning? If so, I say go for it. That will give you EP which doesn't help for FJ or Gringott's, but will help you get through the rest of the park quicker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter