What would you do? LLMP Dilemma!

CaroM8

Earning My Ears
We will be there from September 24th- October 1st. Hubby, myself and our 6 year old daughter. First time for everyone. We have park hopper, and DDP. Below is our expected park day schedule. Would love your input if you think we need LLMP everyday or if we could get away without it for some parks. I know it is super subjective but just to get an idea.

Sep 25th - MK - For sure getting LLMP for this day
Sep 26th- Epcot (late start as we have a breakfast booked at Topolino's that morning)... LLMP needed?
Sep 27th - HS - probably getting it for this park because Slinky Dog is the top ride our daughter wants to do and the standby looks like it's almost always super long
Sep 28th - Rest day, no park
Sep 29th - MK day two (it's a party day but we are not attending. We do have an ADR for CRT at 5:45PM) - Thinking we might not but the LLMP for this day... thought?
Sep 30th - AK - if we rope drop the Safari and buy the pass for FOP (hubby and daughter only, I get sick just thinking about it), don't think we need LLMP here either?

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond :)

Sep 26th- Epcot (late start as we have a breakfast booked at Topolino's that morning)... LLMP needed?
The conventional wisdom is that LLMP is not needed at Epcot, and if you wanted to skip it, your Epcot day would be the time. But for me I think it depends on how you're entering the park. I bought it for our Epcot day because as monorail resort guests we are coming in the front and I want to guarantee a short Remy wait which would otherwise be impossible. I also plan on doing the VQ for Guardians on top of an SP for it and I just don't want to have to trek all the way to Norway and then have to cross all the way back. We really want our Epcot day to be chill and focus on food so this is a way for us to minimize stress. Coming in from the IG though I just don't think it's necessary at all, it's really trivial to hit Remy and Frozen one after the other with next to no wait from there.

Sep 27th - HS - probably getting it for this park because Slinky Dog is the top ride our daughter wants to do and the standby looks like it's almost always super long

Definitely always worth it for HS. There's almost nothing but headliners at this park and standby waits can be brutal, especially if one of them goes down.

Sep 29th - MK day two (it's a party day but we are not attending. We do have an ADR for CRT at 5:45PM) - Thinking we might not but the LLMP for this day... thought?
LLMP is not at all necessary at MK on a party day. Crowds are extremely light until 4pm when the party crowds are able to enter the park with just a party ticket. I have usually knocked out that entire park by noon on a party day. The only scenario where it becomes worth it is if you plan on hopping to another park. That's why we bought it on the day of a party we're not actually attending, we're hopping into HS in the afternoon.

Sep 30th - AK - if we rope drop the Safari and buy the pass for FOP (hubby and daughter only, I get sick just thinking about it), don't think we need LLMP here either?
Correct. Just not enough rides at AK and only two of them ever have ugly waits, the Pandora rides. Though the Safari is not open during Early Entry--assuming no operational delays with the animals, it opens at regular park open. My best practice for AK is to rope drop Navi and then head into Africa, typically doing FoP on a SP later in the morning.

The conventional wisdom is that LLMP is not needed at Epcot, and if you wanted to skip it, your Epcot day would be the time. But for me I think it depends on how you're entering the park. I bought it for our Epcot day because as monorail resort guests we are coming in the front and I want to guarantee a short Remy wait which would otherwise be impossible. I also plan on doing the VQ for Guardians on top of an SP for it and I just don't want to have to trek all the way to Norway and then have to cross all the way back. We really want our Epcot day to be chill and focus on food so this is a way for us to minimize stress. Coming in from the IG though I just don't think it's necessary at all, it's really trivial to hit Remy and Frozen one after the other with next to no wait from there.

Definitely always worth it for HS. There's almost nothing but headliners at this park and standby waits can be brutal, especially if one of them goes down.

LLMP is not at all necessary at MK on a party day. Crowds are extremely light until 4pm when the party crowds are able to enter the park with just a party ticket. I have usually knocked out that entire park by noon on a party day. The only scenario where it becomes worth it is if you plan on hopping to another park. That's why we bought it on the day of a party we're not actually attending, we're hopping into HS in the afternoon.

Correct. Just not enough rides at AK and only two of them ever have ugly waits, the Pandora rides. Though the Safari is not open during Early Entry--assuming no operational delays with the animals, it opens at regular park open. My best practice for AK is to rope drop Navi and then head into Africa, typically doing FoP on a SP later in the morning.

Thank you so much for your response and all the info!

For Epcot, we are in fact coming in on the Skyliner from CBR, but with that breakfast reservation I am leaning towards getting it just in case... OR, we could switch up our Epcot and HS day. So we have Topolino's on HS day, which we will have LLMP anyway so it doesn't matter if we get there a little later. That we can rope drop Epcot on the Friday...

During our August trip, we pre-purchased LLMP for HS and a LLSP for Guardians. We stayed at BWI and planned to get to EP for early entry to hit Remy before the crowds arrived but we were at MNSSHP the night before and were dragging a little that morning, so I hopped on to look to see what was available and there was a Remy available for late in the day so we decided to purchase LLMP for the day. We booked our 3 as Remy (7:50 PM), Living with the Land (9:05 AM) & Spaceship Earth (12:50 PM). When we tapped into LWTL we grabbed Frozen (5:30ish I think). After Spaceship Earth we grabbed Mission Space so that aligned with our Guardians LLSP. We were also able to modify our Remy to around 4:30. We timed it so that when we were coming back into the park after a midday break that we hit Remy and then went straight to Frozen. We picked up Soarin when we tapped into Remy for after our Mission Space.

Here's what our day ended up looking like:
Soarin
LWTL (LLMP)
Seas with Nemo
Journey of Water
Lunch at Steakhouse 71
Spaceship Earth (LLMP)
Walking through WS and newer areas of EP
midday break
Remy (LLMP)
Frozen (LLMP)
Gran Fiesta Tour
Dinner at Connections Eatery
Guardians (Virtual Queue)
Guardians (LLSP)
Soarin (LLMP)

We ended up skipping our Mission Space LLMP.

Last edited:

How do you handle party days at MK in am and park hop to HS for LLMP?

Book and ride all your MK rides on LLMP in the morning and as soon as you tap in start to book HS rides for afternoon? I have another caveat- husband is joining us only for afternoon at HS (single park ticket) so how do I try to fold him in? He can also do LLMP but won't be available to tap in early at MK. I could book his rides at HS for LLMP in the afternoon and then hope that I can try to get me and our 2 kids to align after tapping into MK.

Just want to be able to do a few rides together at HS that evening as he won't ne able to join us in the am. On Sat we will all be together at HS.

Unless you have a short window of time at AK I would skip it. We did it on a recent visit on arrival day because we only had 4 hrs of park time. It was nice for that because we were able to easily hit EE, KS, FOP, NRJ, and FoLK all within that time. No way could have done that without LLMP.

I would also skip for both Epcot and MK party day. The only exception is if you have a lot of other things (shopping, eating, touring pavilions) that you plan to do at Epcot. Would definitely recommend for HS and likely your other MK day.

How do you handle party days at MK in am and park hop to HS for LLMP?

Book and ride all your MK rides on LLMP in the morning and as soon as you tap in start to book HS rides for afternoon? I have another caveat- husband is joining us only for afternoon at HS (single park ticket) so how do I try to fold him in? He can also do LLMP but won't be available to tap in early at MK. I could book his rides at HS for LLMP in the afternoon and then hope that I can try to get me and our 2 kids to align after tapping into MK.

Just want to be able to do a few rides together at HS that evening as he won't ne able to join us in the am. On Sat we will all be together at HS.
This is personal choice but for ease of booking, if I was in your situation I would purchase LLMP for DHS and book for entire group. You don't really need LLMP for MK on a party day so I would plan to go to MK with the kids and ride what we could then meet up with hubby at DHS and have LLMP pre-booked for that park.

Your plan looks good! For MK on the 25th, definitely get LLMP. For Epcot on the 26th, you might be fine without it, especially with a late start. For HS on the 27th, definitely get it to skip the long Slinky Dog lines. On the 29th, since it’s a party day and you have a dinner reservation, you could skip LLMP. Finally, for AK on the 30th, you should be fine without LLMP if you stick to your plan of rope dropping and getting the FOP pass.

This is personal choice but for ease of booking, if I was in your situation I would purchase LLMP for DHS and book for entire group. You don't really need LLMP for MK on a party day so I would plan to go to MK with the kids and ride what we could then meet up with hubby at DHS and have LLMP pre-booked for that park.
Oooh I like that idea! I was getting really stressed with trying to figure out how to reconcile husband and kids for the afternoon at HS AND wanting the afternoon/evening to be fun at HS on a party day so knowing lines would be longer.

Do I need to do anything to book rides at HS for LLMP? Our park reservation for the 3 of us that day is MK.

Also bc you seem super knowledgeable when would you suggest we hop over to HS? Staying at Yacht club (through husband's work yay) so figured we would meet him back at Yacht club after MK in the morning for us to regroup, get a quick bite to eat (they have a "hospitality room" for our group) and then skyline back over to HS in afternoon. We will rope drop MK that am. I assume we could be at HS by 4

I would do the breakfast on your rest day. That helps you with Remy with EE, Epcot can be done without LLMP. AK can be done without it also, take advantage of EE - you could get an early jump on the KS line (eating breakfast in line) or do Everest before heading to KS. Yes on FoP LLSP.

Definitely LLMP for HS with pre booking, remember EE (early entry) is your friend.

Last edited:
Your plan looks good! For MK on the 25th, definitely get LLMP. For Epcot on the 26th, you might be fine without it, especially with a late start. For HS on the 27th, definitely get it to skip the long Slinky Dog lines. On the 29th, since it’s a party day and you have a dinner reservation, you could skip LLMP. Finally, for AK on the 30th, you should be fine without LLMP if you stick to your plan of rope dropping and getting the FOP pass.
Thank you! We can start booking our LLMP tomorrow :)

I would do the breakfast on your rest day. That helps you with Remy with EE, Epcot can be done without LLMP. AK can be done without it also, take advantage of EE - you could get an early jump on the KS line (eating breakfast in line) or do Everest before heading to KS. Yes on FoP LLSP.

Definitely LLMP for HS with pre booking, remember EE (early entry) is your friend.

Thanks!

Our Topolino's breakfast is locked in for the 26th. That being said, our Epcot and HS are interchangeable on the 26th or 27th. Now thinking we will do HS on the 26th after our breakfast since we will have LLMP for that park anyways, so a later start will be ok. Doing Epcot on the 27th then leaves us free to rope drop Remy or Frozen and probably not have to buy LLMP. I am probably overthinking this, haha!

Do you think LLMP is not necessary at MK even on late Oct party days?

Tell me how this works. Thinking of doing the same. Attend MK in the morning of a party, and hop to HS in afternoon.

What time do you hop to HS? Can you book LLMP for HS in advance (so do you book your 3 choices for HS in the afternoon 3 or 7 days in advance? Even if you have a park hopper ticket with the reservation showing at MK?)

Tell me how this works. Thinking of doing the same. Attend MK in the morning of a party, and hop to HS in afternoon.

What time do you hop to HS? Can you book LLMP for HS in advance (so do you book your 3 choices for HS in the afternoon 3 or 7 days in advance? Even if you have a park hopper ticket with the reservation showing at MK?)

Last Wednesday was our 7 day so I prebooked:

8am - Mad Tea Party
8:35 - Tron SP
8:55 - Haunted Mansion
9:50 - Tiana’s

6pm - Rise of the Resistance SP

All your LLMP LLs have to be in the same park when you prebook but SPs are only restricted by the amount. We are APs with our park reservation for MK.

We plan to rope drop Tomorrowland per usual, hitting Space and Buzz during EE (very doable, we manage this every trip if Space is up.).Mad Tea Party LL is essentially a throwaway, chosen for the earliest time slot available in MK that will be relatively close to where we’ll be while not being too far from Tron. The idea is we tap in ASAP to unlock parkhopping and start booking at HS. First I’ll try to book Slinky with that freed up slot and then try to modify Mansion to RNRC. The only pre booked LL I actually plan to use at MK is Tiana’s. After that one is used I’ll try to snag Tower or TSM—while Tier 2s they sell out way faster than MFSR or MMRR. The latter two also tend to see waits drop significantly in the afternoons into the evening so standby wouldn’t be terrible if we can’t get them.

The problem with setting up your prebooking for the afternoon/evening park as I see it is you are basically forfeiting your ability to pull more than one Tier 1 attraction. Remember you are only restricted by the Tiers and park when prebooking. Once you tap in at the park it unlocks everything and you’re free to book at will. I’ve been monitoring LL availability at HS daily during the time we’ll be at MK trying this, and it looks like Slinky Dog is very doable. We’ll see how this goes, but I’m confident.

Last Wednesday was our 7 day so I prebooked:

8am - Mad Tea Party
8:35 - Tron SP
8:55 - Haunted Mansion
9:50 - Tiana’s

6pm - Rise of the Resistance SP

All your LLMP LLs have to be in the same park when you prebook but SPs are only restricted by the amount. We are APs with our park reservation for MK.

We plan to rope drop Tomorrowland per usual, hitting Space and Buzz during EE (very doable, we manage this every trip if Space is up.).Mad Tea Party LL is essentially a throwaway, chosen for the earliest time slot available in MK that will be relatively close to where we’ll be while not being too far from Tron. The idea is we tap in ASAP to unlock parkhopping and start booking at HS. First I’ll try to book Slinky with that freed up slot and then try to modify Mansion to RNRC. The only pre booked LL I actually plan to use at MK is Tiana’s. After that one is used I’ll try to snag Tower or TSM—while Tier 2s they sell out way faster than MFSR or MMRR. The latter two also tend to see waits drop significantly in the afternoons into the evening so standby wouldn’t be terrible if we can’t get them.

The problem with setting up your prebooking for the afternoon/evening park as I see it is you are basically forfeiting your ability to pull more than one Tier 1 attraction. Remember you are only restricted by the Tiers and park when prebooking. Once you tap in at the park it unlocks everything and you’re free to book at will. I’ve been monitoring LL availability at HS daily during the time we’ll be at MK trying this, and it looks like Slinky Dog is very doable. We’ll see how this goes, but I’m confident.
This is amazing! So essentially your approach is to try to knock out as many MK as you can as fast as you can while rope dropping so you free up space to grab HS and "load" those up in the afternoon.

And then you just try to book 4 rides at HS for the evening so your evening at HS while it will have heavier crowds you'll have 4 rides to go do.

Our next day will be either back at MK or HS in am and ecpot in evening. (We have a work event for fireworks at epcot). What would you recommend us starting our day? Will try to do the same thing so we can load up some rides at Ecpot in evening.

This is amazing! So essentially your approach is to try to knock out as many MK as you can as fast as you can while rope dropping so you free up space to grab HS and "load" those up in the afternoon.

And then you just try to book 4 rides at HS for the evening so your evening at HS while it will have heavier crowds you'll have 4 rides to go do.
Exactly. Party day crowds are so light LLs are just not necessary. I only bought Tron because I wanted to guarantee a ride early on. But it’s not just that we’ll have those 4 rides for later on at HS, it’s that we will be able to book multiple Tier 1s. That’s not possible by prebooking. The tradeoff ofc is that you run the risk of not being able to pull those popular Tier 1s the day of. This time of year I’m not too concerned about that though.

Our next day will be either back at MK or HS in am and ecpot in evening. (We have a work event for fireworks at epcot). What would you recommend us starting our day? Will try to do the same thing so we can load up some rides at Ecpot in evening.
Tbh if it’s a party day at MK I would start there instead of HS.

During our August trip, we pre-purchased LLMP for HS and a LLSP for Guardians. We stayed at BWI and planned to get to EP for early entry to hit Remy before the crowds arrived but we were at MNSSHP the night before and were dragging a little that morning, so I hopped on to look to see what was available and there was a Remy available for late in the day so we decided to purchase LLMP for the day. We booked our 3 as Remy (7:50 PM), Living with the Land (9:05 AM) & Spaceship Earth (12:50 PM). When we tapped into LWTL we grabbed Frozen (5:30ish I think). After Spaceship Earth we grabbed Mission Space so that aligned with our Guardians LLSP. We were also able to modify our Remy to around 4:30. We timed it so that when we were coming back into the park after a midday break that we hit Remy and then went straight to Frozen. We picked up Soarin when we tapped into Remy for after our Mission Space.

Here's what our day ended up looking like:
Soarin
LWTL (LLMP)
Seas with Nemo
Journey of Water
Lunch at Steakhouse 71
Spaceship Earth (LLMP)
Walking through WS and newer areas of EP
midday break
Remy (LLMP)
Frozen (LLMP)
Gran Fiesta Tour
Dinner at Connections Eatery
Guardians (Virtual Queue)
Guardians (LLSP)
Soarin (LLMP)

We ended up skipping our Mission Space LLMP.
We didn't buy Epcot either but the night before we decided to book! We planned to rope drop Remy and I couldn't fathom walking all the way to Frozen right after that. Instead we leisurely walked to Guardians, Nemo, Land, and Soarin. Hit Frozen with LLMP on the way back around. I didn't want to spend the money but it made for a much nicer day! Trade off.

Exactly. Party day crowds are so light LLs are just not necessary. I only bought Tron because I wanted to guarantee a ride early on. But it’s not just that we’ll have those 4 rides for later on at HS, it’s that we will be able to book multiple Tier 1s. That’s not possible by prebooking. The tradeoff ofc is that you run the risk of not being able to pull those popular Tier 1s the day of. This time of year I’m not too concerned about that though.

Tbh if it’s a party day at MK I would start there instead of HS.

Sat is not a party day at MK.

So i think i will try the same approach and rope drop HS and book a few rides on HS but try to get a few early ones so that we can book Remy and Soaring at Epcot in the evening for park hop.

My son isn't tall enough for Rock and Roll roller coaster so my daughter and husband may single ride that line. We've done all the star wars rides before and while I'm sure my family would like to do them again they aren't a huge priority for me. If we can try to standby them Fri pm we will. Our priorities are rock and roll, slinky dog and tower of terror. So ideally we can ride them on Fri pm and Sat am while also trying to grab Remy for Sat pm.

Welcome any thoughts on that. It may be too aggressive of a timeline

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest