• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you do after EMM?

jcdeberry

Mouseketeer
I need some advice. We are doing an EMM day at MK. Our fastpasses are for later in Frontierland/Adventureland. What would be the best strategy at 9:00 in Fantasyland? Should we go the Princess Fairytale Hall or Enchanted Tales without FP? Should we go to Little Mermaid ride? What would be the next priority in Fantasyland? Are the rest easy to see later with 4th and 5th FP? My son said he would rather see Cinderella instead of Ariel if that helps. Thanks!!

Any of those will be just fine as a "next."
Of those, no real "priority" stands out.

I would have a list of the rides you really want to do.
With EMM, you should be able to get through a lot of the really popular rides that normally have long lines.
At 9, when the park opens, I would spend the next 1-2 hours going on whatever popular rides you didn't get to.
Then I would start on the other things you wanted to do that don't tend to be as crowded.

If you have plans to do Space Mountain, it may be a good plan to go there at 9:00am. If not, then your choices are all good for post EMM time if you want to finish off Fantasyland.

We are planning on either Princess Fairytale Hall or Little Mermaid. I thought about ETWB but I think it will take up too much time as we want to get to breakfast by 9:30ish.

With EMM, you should be able to get through a lot of the really popular rides that normally have long lines.
What is important to keep in mind, unlike with AM EMH (Extra Magic Hours,) when virtually all of the attractions of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are operating,
EMM (Early Morning Magic) at MK does not feature very many attractions.
In fact only three attractions (Winnie the Pooh, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Peter Pan’s Flight) are open.

I didn't make our FPs for MK on our EMM day. We are going to stick to Fantasyland and maybe do HM and some shows as well.

We have done EMM several times now and have always used the same strategy: at 9:00 we head to Jungle Cruise first, then Pirates and Haunted Mansion. There are always very short waits at those attractions at rope drop since everyone else is mobbing the more popular rides. Then we go back to Fantasyland and do the rest of the rides that aren't open during EMM. Using this strategy plus having FPs for the popular rides in the early afternoon, we are done with basically EVERYTHING except our FP rides by lunch time, have a nice lunch, and then do our FP rides starting right after lunch. We are done and ready to leave the park by about 3:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter