What we spent on Ubers

Did Someone vomit in a car? There’s a $200-$250 cleaning fee. I can’t imagine any only way to rack up such a huge uber bill.
Theoretically I can get there. To & from airport $40 each way = 80. $10 to theme park from hotel, $10 back afternoon break, $10 to them park night, $10 back = $40/day. 14 days * $40 = $560. $560 + $80 = $640. Yes, they used some buses but probably had some tips & surge pricing in there as well. The bill is entirely possible without anything having gone amiss.

Theoretically I can get there. To & from airport $40 each way = 80. $10 to theme park from hotel, $10 back afternoon break, $10 to them park night, $10 back = $40/day. 14 days * $40 = $560. $560 + $80 = $640. Yes, they used some buses but probably had some tips & surge pricing in there as well. The bill is entirely possible without anything having gone amiss.
I would be curious about surge pricing. Maybe OP can review their charges and see if there are any unusually larges ones for end/beginning of the day trips.

I would be curious about surge pricing. Maybe OP can review their charges and see if there are any unusually larges ones for end/beginning of the day trips.
OP has yet to reappear and I fear all we will be left with is mystery and speculation!

O/T question...what does everyone tip uber? Percentage amount or few dollars...just wondering

O/T question...what does everyone tip uber? Percentage amount or few dollars...just wondering

We've only used Uber 3 times, each time was for 3 people, and the fare was between $7-$11. The time we had no luggage, I tipped $3, the times we had luggage, I tipped $5.

We have only used Lyft. Minnie Van drivers would not accept a tip (we tried) but the one Lyft that we took us from offsite (urgent care) to onsite (CR) was $12. We had a promo which took $3 off (making it $9). I tipped $3 that time. I have no idea what the expectation it for tipping drivers. I'd rather they just build it into the fare but that's just me. As someone inexperienced with these types of services, I feel uncomfortable knowing what to do.

I took a look at OP other posts ... they stayed at a hotel near Universal for two weeks. I think that explains some of the expense. :confused3

The Grand Hotel Orlando per their other posts. 12-13 miles each way to Disney. I'm not familiar with that hotel (not on hotels.com), but from Google it looks like they could have stayed on 192 for about the same price and saved on Uber fares. My go to offsite hotel for Disney is 2 miles from AK.

If you're going to do both Universal (multiple days) and Disney (multiple days), a rental car is probably a good idea. Its not a long drive time wise, but the miles add up.

Really makes you think about staying on site. In all the times we have been to WDW we stayed in property which was amzing. For our next trip I am looking to stay offsite,but making sure we have free breakfast and shuttles to the parks. I have never had to use uber,but would do so if we needed to make a quick grocery store run etc. Renting a care these days is very expensive.

Really makes you think about staying on site. In all the times we have been to WDW we stayed in property which was amzing. For our next trip I am looking to stay offsite,but making sure we have free breakfast and shuttles to the parks. I have never had to use uber,but would do so if we needed to make a quick grocery store run etc. Renting a care these days is very expensive.
It can be-it really depends. I rent cars around one-three times a year, and have had mostly positive experiences with reasonable cost.

That said, I had the WORST rental experience out of MCO. I am incredibly reluctant to do that again.

The other piece is so much of "vacation" to me means not driving. I spend over two hours every work day in my car. When I'm off work, I am really reluctant to drive. We tend to visit places with good public transit for that reason.

Haven't yet tried rideservices, but we'll be testing the waters in December.

I've never used uber/lyft at Disney. However if you have an uber account linked to a visa there is a visa rewards program that I think you have to add on. We have an uber account for occasional use at home. Now when I shop at certain stores I get 10% of the bill as uber credit which includes my grocery store. There is also a different promotion in which every time you ride uber you get $2 in credit for Kmart/Sears.

Yikes, that's a lot. I can see how it's quite addicting taking an Uber and skip the bus. I found the drop-off, pick-up area at Epcot very nice and efficient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter