what was your parents interior style for your childhood home like?

Formal living room that got used normally just on Christmas Day. It was 63 years old when my mom passed and still looked new, and the coffee table and end tables are in my living room now......10 years later.
Casual family room, the room used most
Long, functional kitchen. Lots of counter space.
3 large bedrooms.
1 tiny master bathroom
1 big guest bathroom.

We moved in 1967 when I was 5, and my mom was very big on 'early American" decor. We had a mirror with an eagle on top, when we went to Jefferson's home Monticello recently there was a very similar one. All the end tables, etc were similar. There was a storage unit called a 'dry sink' which I always thought was odd. Looked exactly like this -

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 7.20.24 PM.png

We lived in a small 2 bedroom 1 bath home. My mother loved the color orange and we had a huge orange sectional in the small living room. It took me decades to be able to tolerate anything in the color orange in my home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest