What to do with random expiring points?

atthebeachclub

Mouseketeer
Is there any reason to do anything with random expiring points? In spite of my best efforts, I have 2 points expiring 12/1 (my recent contract came with some surprising extra points in holding from 2023, I had a last minute weather cancellation myself in August, and I bought contracts with extra points that I couldn’t get last minute PTO off for [not surprising here; the 7-11 month mark will work quite nicely for me in the future]…thank you David’s for helping me out on some of that).

Should I transfer them to Interval International, or would that be pointless? I really can’t think of anything to do with them. I think these ones were borrowed (see the weather event above) so can’t transfer to anyone either. Or shall I just let these ones die at the end of November and say “we did our best!”?

I think there’s a minimum no. of points (maybe 25?) required for transfer into II, plus, much like DVC, I don’t think 2 points will get you a night in any room anywhere in II 🤷‍♀️.

Is there any reason to do anything with random expiring points? In spite of my best efforts, I have 2 points expiring 12/1 (my recent contract came with some surprising extra points in holding from 2023, I had a last minute weather cancellation myself in August, and I bought contracts with extra points that I couldn’t get last minute PTO off for [not surprising here; the 7-11 month mark will work quite nicely for me in the future]…thank you David’s for helping me out on some of that).

Should I transfer them to Interval International, or would that be pointless? I really can’t think of anything to do with them. I think these ones were borrowed (see the weather event above) so can’t transfer to anyone either. Or shall I just let these ones die at the end of November and say “we did our best!”?
You could always offer to transfer to someone for free vs just letting them go…

Editing b/c poster below kindly pointed out that I completely missed your stating the points could not be transferred. In the case of a recent contract, I’d probably call MS to be 100% nothing could be done before abandoning all hope. They have helped me twice on resale contracts moving points that technically shouldn’t have been moved.

Last edited:
The worst-case value of these points is $20/pp or $40. It's not worth thinking about.
You are right but I am attempting to extract the most value possible from my very expensive points!🤣 But yes, not worth worrying too much about, especially as 50 of those points were entirely a surprise. Like Elsa says….let it go!

Just let them go. There are no options that won't require you to spend more points to save them. It's like buying something you don't need just to use a store coupon before it expires. :)

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest