What to do in Lancaster, PA????

We just got back from Lancaster today after spending the weekend. We stayed at Fulton Steamboat Inn - right on Rt 30 by the Rockvale outlets and close to Sight/Sound. It's very nice, clean and has a victorian theme. Fridayy we spent at the outlets and let the kids swim at the indoor pool. Saturday we drove to Hersheypark and then did SweetLights. We would never again do the Hershey trip this late in December - traffic in and around Hershey was horrific - at one point we were sitting for 45 minutes just trying to get out of a parking lot. Sweetlights was bumper-to-bumper. We do this trip every other year but usually go earlier in the month. Still had fun, but way too much holiday traffic. We also love spending a few hours at Shady Maple restaurant and farm market - plus the store across the street - I forget the name now - sort like a Woolworths/farm store combo.

The traffic in Hershey was HORRIFIC this weekend. DH and I went to the outlets last night (usually a 3 min. trip from our house) and it took us over 30 minutes to get there; a total nightmare. I think the problem with yesterday was the PIAA state football championships were being held at the stadium, there was a Hershey Bears hockey game at the Giant Center, plus Candy Lane and Sweet Lights. Traffic can be bad in Hershey around the holidays but I honestly can't ever remember it being that bad.

We ended up not even shopping at the outlets. I'm going tomorrow night instead.

I second Longwood Gardens. Beautiful. And when I was a kid, I always said I didn't want to go, but then loved it as soon as I got there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter