What to do in HS in May, no shows?

JenniferFolsomCa

Mouseketeer
We are planning a morning at HS end of May and then hopping to Epcot. Not into shows and travelling with adults, 1 teenager and an 8 year old who isn't into characters or shows.

Figure:
Toy Story Mania
Tower of Tower
Rock and Rock
Star Tours

What else is there to see? I haven't been in years so wondering what we should check out.

Any recommendations?

Jenn

We are big Disney fans and enjoy the One Man's Dream exhibit, but if you just want rides, that probably won't interest you.

If you just want rides, like DWeav said, those four rides complete your schedule. You may want to try ST more than once to see if you get a different ride sequence, but last I read, they were pretty much doing the same one every time right now.

I also was going to suggest the Walt Disney Presents exhibit (formerly known as One Man's Dream).

And if I were going, I'd include a lunch at Sci Fi Dine In, before leaving the park.

Yes that's it for rides. Both Star Tours and TSMM are very re-ridable. Walt Disney Presents is really great, and the Launch Bay is kind of fun to spend a few minutes walking through.

By the way some of the shows are really good; even though you're not into shows you might want to check out at least one.

You may want to try ST more than once to see if you get a different ride sequence, but last I read, they were pretty much doing the same one every time right now.

Last week it looked like they had at least one theater running the new TLJ footage and at least two on randomize. The time we went left we got Croat and Finn. The times we went right we got Hoth and Ackbar and Naboo (I forget who the hologram was). It's possible the time we went left was randomly TLJ but since we saw it, I didn't want to risk that it was always playing on that side and went right each time after.

[QUOTE="ghtx, post: 59209995, member: 4301]
By the way some of the shows are really good; even though you're not into shows you might want to check out at least one.[/QUOTE]

Choose carefully though. :rolleyes1 If I was going with a group of adults not really into shows, I would definitely pick Indiana Jones. OP Beauty and the Beast is pretty good too if you like musical theater type shows (although I'm guessing not, based on your comment).

We are planning a morning at HS end of May and then hopping to Epcot. Not into shows and travelling with adults, 1 teenager and an 8 year old who isn't into characters or shows.

Figure:
Toy Story Mania
Tower of Tower
Rock and Rock
Star Tours

What else is there to see? I haven't been in years so wondering what we should check out.

Any recommendations?

Jenn

You could add in a lunch reservation somewhere to maximize your time at that park. The Sci Fi restaurant has great milkshakes!

Not into shows, hmm... you can count the boat ride to Epcot, I guess. ;-)

I could ride all of those rides multiple times, but since you’re hopping anyway that sounds like a good morning to me.

If you haven't seen the Indiana Jones show I would definitely recommend it for a teen and an 8 year old. It isn't so much a show with a story and singing and stuff as it is a demonstration of how stunts are done in movies. Interesting and exciting.

Last week it looked like they had at least one theater running the new TLJ footage and at least two on randomize. The time we went left we got Croat and Finn. The times we went right we got Hoth and Ackbar and Naboo (I forget who the hologram was). It's possible the time we went left was randomly TLJ but since we saw it, I didn't want to risk that it was always playing on that side and went right each time after.
Good to know-- thanks! I never even considered the "left/right" thing, but it might be fun to try it different ways and see what happens.

If you haven't seen the Indiana Jones show I would definitely recommend it for a teen and an 8 year old. It isn't so much a show with a story and singing and stuff as it is a demonstration of how stunts are done in movies. Interesting and exciting.
Agree with this! It's more of an attraction than a show.

What is launch bay like? Is there typically a long wait for One Man's Dream?

Jenn
Launch Bay has Star Wars exhibits and meet and greets. Storm troopers come out from time to time and interact with guests there and in the courtyard.

One Man's Dream is an exhibit, and there's a movie at the end, but recently, more often than not, the movie is previews of something else. There's no wait to walk through the exhibit. If you want to watch whatever movie is playing, you just have to wait for the next one to start. Sometimes it's nice just to sit in the AC!

Do you have Fastpasses? If not the lines are going to be long since the ride choices are limited at HS and these are the most popular.

Here's my opinion...if you're into star wars, then HS might hold your interest beyond those rides. If not, good luck and have fun hopping. I personally dislike the park as it is currently. All the stuff I used to like is either diminished or gone,but if you enjoy a star wars march every hour all day long then you should like it ok. Launch bay is the big indoor place for meet and greet (star wars) and some displays. I feel like it has no real character or theming at the moment. Toy story land should provide some fun when it opens I'm guessing. I'm not a fan of what's happening there,our trip a few weeks back we spent about 4 hours and were DONE. I'd MUCH rather eat in Epcot than studios any day of the week too.

Here's my opinion...if you're into star wars, then HS might hold your interest beyond those rides. If not, good luck and have fun hopping. I personally dislike the park as it is currently. All the stuff I used to like is either diminished or gone,but if you enjoy a star wars march every hour all day long then you should like it ok. Launch bay is the big indoor place for meet and greet (star wars) and some displays. I feel like it has no real character or theming at the moment. Toy story land should provide some fun when it opens I'm guessing. I'm not a fan of what's happening there,our trip a few weeks back we spent about 4 hours and were DONE. I'd MUCH rather eat in Epcot than studios any day of the week too.
Same here. I really miss the Great Movie Ride. My current visits to DHS usually involve lunch at Sci Fi, a ride on TSMM (except last time, since there were no FPs), and occasionally a walk through Walt Disney Presents. That is all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter