What to do at the resort when it’s storming?

OK - obvious answer....
Have a good Rain Parka for every family member. FL storms tend to go from 10 Minutes to all day....

Consider https://www.campmor.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9MWpxZms3AIV1rbACh1weQVmEAAYASAAEgJE7PD_BwE

VERY good, light parkas that do not rot. Sandy and I carry TWO, in a VERY SMALL pack, anytime it might rain.
We've done well in the middle of a DS Hurricane with these :). Other folks in a sweatshirt? Ehhhhh - not so good :).

Aside from tropical systems, the summer rains are generally isolated, unpredictable, and short-lived. I wouldn't let the prospect affect your plans, save for rain ponchos and a change of socks.

OK - obvious answer....
Have a good Rain Parka for every family member. FL storms tend to go from 10 Minutes to all day....

Consider https://www.campmor.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9MWpxZms3AIV1rbACh1weQVmEAAYASAAEgJE7PD_BwE

VERY good, light parkas that do not rot. Sandy and I carry TWO, in a VERY SMALL pack, anytime it might rain.
We've done well in the middle of a DS Hurricane with these :). Other folks in a sweatshirt? Ehhhhh - not so good :).
We are just about to get on the plane so they won’t work for this trip haha

Aside from tropical systems, the summer rains are generally isolated, unpredictable, and short-lived. I wouldn't let the prospect affect your plans, save for rain ponchos and a change of socks.
I got some ponchos at the dollar store. They aren’t the best but I figured they would work for the weekend. I didn’t bring extra socks but I brought sandals. I was planning on wearing them more than my tennis shoes.

I got some ponchos at the dollar store. They aren’t the best but I figured they would work for the weekend. I didn’t bring extra socks but I brought sandals. I was planning on wearing them more than my tennis shoes.

Sandals are even better! It only takes one go around to discover that all that water runs off the ponchos down onto your lower legs and feet!

Coronado has a huge hot tub - might be kind of fun in the rain!

I wouldn't worry too terribly much about DS in the rain. Go to a table service restaurant and have a leisurely meal. Go to a movie. There is one small section of stores that are covered - I am certain because that's where Sugarboo, my favorite store is. You could shop around that section or head to World of Disney since that store is HUGE and might take a while to look through!

The recreation dept will move planned outdoor activities indoors. We made Mickey Tye Dye T shirts when it was pouring on our last trip.

Coronado has a huge hot tub - might be kind of fun in the rain!

I wouldn't worry too terribly much about DS in the rain. Go to a table service restaurant and have a leisurely meal. Go to a movie. There is one small section of stores that are covered - I am certain because that's where Sugarboo, my favorite store is. You could shop around that section or head to World of Disney since that store is HUGE and might take a while to look through!
Hot tub party! Lol

We have an adr for raglan road. I think it’s at like 6. We want to do the Star Wars vr too. I’m not sure if we will do it before or after eating. I’m just going into it knowing I will be sweaty and wet and that’s okay.

Drink.

Bill From PA

Well clearly Bill From PA and I think a like :drinking1 I stayed at CSR once and remember a nice bar out by the lake, near the main building with the restaurants. But otherwise there are some fun bars you could hit, do a monorail tour or get into epcot and drink around the world.

Today we went to Disney springs. We did the Star Wars vr experience and happened to go in the store right as it started to pour. By the time we got done it had finished raining. We also went swimming at around 11 when it was sprinkling.

Today we went to Disney springs. We did the Star Wars vr experience and happened to go in the store right as it started to pour. By the time we got done it had finished raining. We also went swimming at around 11 when it was sprinkling.

Sounds like our kind of summer at Disney.

If you can hear thunder or see lightning, you stay inside. If there is no thunder or lightning, enjoy the weather. At least it will be cooler.

If you can hear thunder or see lightning, you stay inside. If there is no thunder or lightning, enjoy the weather. At least it will be cooler.
We got pretty lucky yesterday. It didn’t feel too hot to us and it was just rain, no storms. Today it said it was going to storm all day but so far so good.

I’d think about going to a park, so many attractions in MK are inside. And many people leave the parks when rain starts. At DS we like going to the movie fork & dine option

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter