• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

What Time Do Dining Reservations Open at 60 Day Mark?

soniam

Wooden leg named Smith...
I know this seems crazy for DLR, but I am used to WDW. I just wanted to see at what exact time and time zone dining reservations open up online at the 60 day mark. I understand that they may not have loaded everything also.

Thanks

I know this seems crazy for DLR, but I am used to WDW. I just wanted to see at what exact time and time zone dining reservations open up online at the 60 day mark. I understand that they may not have loaded everything also.

Thanks
Time Zone is Pacific
I believe the phone lines open to calls at 7am

I have heard people say they have been able to make online reservation a few hours before the phone lines open.
Doesn't hurt to try, if you can get online.

Geemo

So from what I remember. If you want to make a reservation online the website follows east coast time. I think it opens at 6 am for east and 3 am for pacific.

*i had to set a timer to wake up at 3am to do mine once*

Also if this is incorrect please correct and tell the original poster the right information. I did this a while ago so things may have changed

I made a reservation for 60 days out this morning at 7am central time which would be 5am pacific so it was definitely up then.

Hmmm. I always thought the phones opened at 8AM Pacific Time 2 Months (not 60 days) in advance.

If you are making reservations online, I have no idea. Maybe that was 3AM or 5AM?

It is really not that competitive for anything except maybe Blue Bayou these days - for larger groups.

:wizard:

I have never made a reservation right on the time they open - and have always gotten good times for what I want - it's not super competitive unless perhaps you are going over Spring Break or Christmas? 60 days from today is mid April so should not be too crazy.

I made them last week at 60 days for April 16. They were available at 6:00 am EST, same as WDW. I leave for work about that time so I'm awake anyway, but I wasn't worried about getting what I wanted. There's plenty of availability. As a WDW vet, I've found it much easier to book DL restaurants and dining packages.​

I don't know that there is a specific time...maybe there is...but I've been able to make online reservations just after midnight (Pacific Time) and sometimes not the next morning...no idea why it varies, but it's always seemed kind of hit or miss to me. Personally, DLR reservations are nothing like WDW ADRs, so you don't really need to worry about being online right when the reservations open up. You're more likely to encounter "nothing available" issue at that point because the system hasn't been fully loaded. So if you can't find what you want, try back later in the day (or in a few days) and usually things are sorted out by then.

According to the website, the dining lines open at 7:00 am Pacific Time.
Call (714) 781-DINE (3463) between 7:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily (Pacific Time).

Hmmm. I always thought the phones opened at 8AM Pacific Time 2 Months (not 60 days) in advance.

If you are making reservations online, I have no idea. Maybe that was 3AM or 5AM?

It is really not that competitive for anything except maybe Blue Bayou these days - for larger groups.

:wizard:

We want to do the Blue Bayou Fantasmic package, but it's only for a party of 3. Still, I would beat myself up if I thought I missed out on getting it by not checking ASAP.

I have never made a reservation right on the time they open - and have always gotten good times for what I want - it's not super competitive unless perhaps you are going over Spring Break or Christmas? 60 days from today is mid April so should not be too crazy.

My 60 days isn't for a while. We are going in mid-July. I know summer should be decently busy, not Spring Break or Xmas busy though. Plus, it's not long after Pixar Pier opens; however, I am not sure that will be as big of a draw as Disney would like;)

If availability doesn't show for three people, try for four. You can drop a "person" later. It seems to make a difference sometimes.

If availability doesn't show for three people, try for four. You can drop a "person" later. It seems to make a difference sometimes.

Yah, that's a trick we use at WDW too sometimes. The hoops we go through:sad2:

Also of note is that entertainment dining may not be available at 60 days. There are times the schedule is not ready until 45 or even 30 days.

The only thing I really check if I want on day of is WOC dessert viewing and holiday teas at Steakhouse 55. Those can go FAST.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter