What resort do you absolutely have NO desire to stay at?

Mousemommy1

DIS Legend
Question out of curiosity and for fun...I know there are a lot of threads about your "dream resort" etc...but recently, my family and I were discussing what resorts are at the bottom of our list to try. :upsidedow

We have been on a quest to try all Disney resorts and are running out of options now. :rotfl:

Our absolute favorite is the WL. It's just everything we could possibly hope for in a resort -- absolutely magical. For our trip next year, we wanted to stay at the Poly, until word came about all of the construction. :crazy2:

So, we were left trying to figure out where to stay and because we've stayed at quite a few, finding a new one to get excited about was hard we found. The ones remaining on our list (with the exception of the Poly) just don't excite us. So, we have decided to break our "no resort twice" rule and we are headed back to the WL.

Besides, we know that goal of staying at every resort probably won't happen because there are just some that we have no desire to go to. For us, those would be

1) Fort Wilderness
2) Coronado Springs

What resorts are on your "I don't want to" List? :goodvibes

The Poly!!! as u well know!!! :) That and FW, CSR, Values and CR....

wait I thought you were going to GF? I just booked GFV!!!!

For us, I think it would probably the any of the AS resorts and the GF. Two polar opposites I guess!

I wouldn't say there's any resort I have NO desire to stay at, but there are some that don't particularly excite me.

CSR, the theme doesn't look too exciting, and it's more expensive than the other mods being a convention center.

ASSports, I don't like sports and definitely don't like the idea of giant sports icons all around me (love the other Values though!)

Yacht/Beach Club, I'm from MA and the whole Cape Cod/Coastal New England theme is a norm around here, I feel like it wouldn't be a very good theme for me to "escape" to.

With all this said, I too would love to stay at all the resorts, and there's no resort I dislike enough to not stay there as long as I'm at Disney!!! I like to stay open-minded anyway. I didn't find the idea of CR too appealing, but since I've stayed there I love it and hope to stay there again some day!

The Poly!!! as u well know!!! :) That and FW, CSR, Values and CR....

Even with the refurb??? Not even a little bit? :goodvibes

wait I thought you were going to GF? I just booked GFV!!!!

Yes, I saw that!! :rotfl:

Unfortunately, the GF is running at about a 3 or 4 on the list resorts we aren't excited to try...we were going to because we wanted a monorail resort this time around, but the only one we want is Poly. :(

We decided not to shell out the $$, just for the sake of shelling it out, so we will go to our favorite for less. :thumbsup2

The GFV's look amazing though!!!

I would actually like to try all of them but the one that doesn't excite me is All Star Sports. I am not a big sports person and I was not impressed with All Star Movies when we stayed there so I feel that it probably wouldn't be 'my kind of resort'. BUT I wouldn't rule it out!

I would actually like to try all of them but the one that doesn't excite me is All Star Sports. I am not a big sports person and I was not impressed with All Star Movies when we stayed there so I feel that it probably wouldn't be 'my kind of resort'. BUT I wouldn't rule it out!

Awww, there's nothing really exciting about All Star Sports, but that's where DH and I honeymooned 11 years ago...his choice :goodvibes

So, I do hold some fondness for that resort.

I wouldn't say there's any resort I have NO desire to stay at, but there are some that don't particularly excite me.

CSR, the theme doesn't look too exciting, and it's more expensive than the other mods being a convention center.

ASSports, I don't like sports and definitely don't like the idea of giant sports icons all around me (love the other Values though!)

Yacht/Beach Club, I'm from MA and the whole Cape Cod/Coastal New England theme is a norm around here, I feel like it wouldn't be a very good theme for me to "escape" to.

With all this said, I too would love to stay at all the resorts, and there's no resort I dislike enough to not stay there as long as I'm at Disney!!! I like to stay open-minded anyway. I didn't find the idea of CR too appealing, but since I've stayed there I love it and hope to stay there again some day!

New Hampshire here! So I feel you on the New England Theming. We stayed at YC this year, and it was really nice, but very much like a nice New England hotel that we could stay at anywhere around us....it wasn't super "Disney" to me for that reason, but we still loved it for the location. :goodvibes

We made reservations for All Star Music for this coming trip, but after reading the reviews and watching PopSong1 and wdwinfo's videos, we called an cancelled and booked for CSR instead. We have no interest in staying at any of the All Star Resorts.

SSR also looks like somewhere I would want to avoid.

Pop is another place I'm not interested in, but we're staying there for our first time for one day on our upcoming trip just because we wanted one more day and its the cheapest resort available at the time.

I don't care to ever go camping at FW. DW used to camp there and she doesnt care to ever go back either. I wouldn't mind staying in the lodge, though.

Don't care to stay at any of the DTD area resorts either.

I think I am in the minority but i have no desire to stay at WL, being from Canada it reminds me of our winters up here which I try to escape from! lol
it reminds me too much of great wolf lodge.

I think I am in the minority but i have no desire to stay at WL, being from Canada it reminds me of our winters up here which I try to escape from! lol
it reminds me too much of great wolf lodge.

I've never been to Great Wolf Lodge, but I don't think I'd be able to after having stayed at WL....nothing will be good enough. :p

The whole "lodge" thing isn't really our thing either, and we decided upon it back in 2012 just so we could "work through another resort" on our list, and OMG, we fell in love with the place, which I didn't expect to happen. pixiedust:

SSR, the theming is a bit bland for me. Also the Contemporary. Yay, monorail resort, but again, I don't like the theming. Too concretey.

We have no desire to stay at any of the Deluxes. Waaaaay too expensive. :faint:

Mods are the highest we'd ever go. We also love the values. :)

My turn!

Let me start by saying I would have voted CR until I stayed there (w/someone else who was paying....) 2 years ago and I REALLY enjoyed it! You cannot beat the location and the rooms are HUGE.

I've stayed at all the values, all the moderates, AKL, SSR and CR. My reluctant to stay vote would be OKW--seems like it is so far removed from everything. But hey, never say never!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest