What makes a great trip report?

xtina!

Earning My Ears
Possibly a dumb question, but I'm thinking of doing one but I don't want to do it wrong....
So what are the basics of a good trip report?
I like photos... Looks like photos have to be uploaded to a different website, and then linked here? What site is good to use for this?

Any trip report is a good one! I personally like the ones with photos (and use a public Facebook album for this, but other people use different places), and writing that makes me feel like I'm on the trip.

But seriously - ANY trip report is a good trip report because I always learn something from them that I can use on my next trip!

I like lots of pictures (I've just been uploading mine directly to disboards, it limits to 10 per post though but I'm too lazy to go through my Flickr this time) and details but not huge walls of text everywhere. I don't think there is any right or wrong way to do a trip report though and everyone has a different style they prefer (to read and/or write) :)

I don't know if there is a right or wrong way to write a trip report, but I prefer reading reports that use a larger font size along with lots of photos.

Yes, lots of photos and details! I've also noticed that some people use a larger font in a different color for their report posts. That helps it stand out for someone who is scrolling past the comments to get to just the report. I'm about to write my first one myself (just back today!) so I'm contemplating the same questions.

Great Pictures, what did you like about your visit, and not like(if anything). What really/absolutely/positively stands out in your memories of this trip?
Hey, I'm stuck in the middle of FLY-OVER Country for a while, if I can't be at DL, I do enjoy seeing new pictures and reading about someone else being there having F U N ! :wave:

Last edited:
Yes, pictures for sure (I'm always at my pic limit on every post) with some story stuff here and there. But the font does help for sure, whether you do a different color or not, a bigger font helps people roll thru them.

Not sure if there are actually "bad" trip reports but I'll tell you the ones I normally prefer. Lots of pictures and detailed writing. I like to basically pretend that I'm right along with you! Also I prefer when there's an introduction to the members of the party and I also like when the TR starts off with a day or two before you actually ago (not sure why but part of the last minute planning/ packing excites me!) Lastly just a preference thing but I don't tend to read TRs with people traveling with kids because it doesn't quite relate to me yet. I tend to favorite the TRs that don't take a lot of breaks, has some alcoholic beverages, eats a lot of good food, and is pretty much go go go the whole time. That said every TR report is great because different things appeal to different people. I'm sure your report is going to be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter