What kind of food would you like to see at Disney restaurants?

I would love to see a broadening of the cuisine offered, but I'm really happy with the recent changes: Roasted vegetable curry at Tiffins, Curried Vegetable Crew Stew at Skipper Canteen, and Vegetable Steamed Curry Pod at Satu'li Canteen are covering our love of vegetarian curries. I'd like to see more northern African cuisine, but there is now the Falafel appetizer at Skipper Canteen and the bread service at Nomad Lounge (and the Vegetable Couscous at Marrakesh if we're desperate). What I would like to see added is something deeper into Caribbean cuisine than the black beans and rice that Shutters used to offer.

I would like to simply just see more entree options on the menus. Some places have pretty limited selections and as a picky eater, I have to carefully look the menus over to make sure there's something I'd eat there. And even though I'm not a vegetarian, someone in my family is, so I'd love to see more options available for them in the event that we travel there together in the future.

I'd like more Asian food in general. There's probably already enough Japanese food, but more Thai, Korean and Chinese. I would love to see Nine Dragons transformed into a high-end Hong Kong-style banquet in the evening and a full-on dim sum restaurant by day.

Other possibilities: a Korean BBQ with tabletop grills; a Vietnamese restaurant with a casual lounge/street food part as will as a fine dining venue; casual and/or quick service Thai; a Greek restaurant with music/dancers; a gaucho-themed South American steakhouse (but not Texas de Brazil or Fogo de Chao...something more unique and "Disney").

With so many people eating healthier and being more environmentally aware, I would like to see an international vegetarian-focused/organic restaurant (to be commercially viable, it may need to offer sustainable/ethical meat options). This could be another multi-kitchen effort in DS, with a quick service component, a main dining room, and maybe a small and exclusive "experiential" component (a show kitchen with counter seating).

A retro-themed New York deli could be fun, too. Huge sandwiches, great cheesecake, Jewish comfort food, etc.

You would think with 4 theme parks in Asia, Disney could do some pretty good Asian food just by bringing some of the more popular dishes here. While Tiffins and Skippers Canteen have done a good job bringing some Asian influences over, there is room to grow at the quick serve level.

Thing I would like to see is larger sized salads. Calories might not count at Disney, but there are times when I know I have had buffets and steakhouses all trip and I get in the mood for a salad, but a tiny bowl the size of a side salad at Disney prices is not appealing.

With so many people eating healthier and being more environmentally aware, I would like to see an international vegetarian-focused/organic restaurant (to be commercially viable, it may need to offer sustainable/ethical meat options). This could be another multi-kitchen effort in DS, with a quick service component, a main dining room, and maybe a small and exclusive "experiential" component (a show kitchen with counter seating).

Yes this. DD15 has been vegan two years now. I feel so, so bad for her when we eat in restaurants, she is limited to side vegetables or appetizers. However, Boma is very accommodating. Jiko used to have a vegan menu, but I don't think they have it anymore. Wish Disney would offer a vegan & vegetarian menu in most of their restaurants. Also on a side note, DD has influenced our eating habits tremendously -- we are eating more vegetarian and vegan meals now, though the family is not vegetarian/vegan.

I'm going to go there and just say it - I just want consistently better food at all the restaurants.

I don't like going to a restaurant on one trip and having a great meal, and then going back to the same restaurant and having a below average meal - both times ordering the same thing. The key to restaurant success is consistency without deviation from either the recipe or quality of the ingredients, and when shortcuts are taken everyone suffers.

I'd like more Asian food in general. There's probably already enough Japanese food, but more Thai, Korean and Chinese. I would love to see Nine Dragons transformed into a high-end Hong Kong-style banquet in the evening and a full-on dim sum restaurant by day.

See, I would have been all for this at one time, but now not so much. I developed an allergy to soy so a lot of Asian food is out. Which stinks because it was always my favorite cuisine!

I would like to see more vegetarian options that are not soy based and are not just salads. We are seeing more and more thankfully, but a lot of it is either Asian inspired or has tofu.

Other possibilities: a Korean BBQ with tabletop grills; a Vietnamese restaurant with a casual lounge/street food part as will as a fine dining venue; casual and/or quick service Thai; a Greek restaurant with music/dancers; a gaucho-themed South American steakhouse (but not Texas de Brazil or Fogo de Chao...something more unique and "Disney").

ALL of these things sound amazing! I adore Asian food and I feel Disney could stand to have some more of it, or at least a wider variety of it!

Also, the gaucho-themed steakhouse sounds like so much fun! I can just imagine Disney taking something like Fogo de Chao and bumping it up to the next level. I would love to see what they'd do with that.

More vegetables that are cooked properly--maybe some garlic and oil instead of laden with butter or just steamed mush. Maybe some roasted vegetables. More salads that are not swimming in dressing and not laden with croutons. Some places that serve entree salads like Chopt. Organic food. Some smoothies for breakfast that are available in the parks. Green drinks. A frozen yogurt place. A NY deli.

I would like to see an international vegetarian-focused/organic restaurant

1) I do not se this happening.
2) There are not enough vegetarians/vegans (or those concerned with "sustainables") to support a restaurant at WDW.
3) WDW needs mass appeal and mass patronage.
4) Dollar-per-square-foot is the key, even in eateries.
5) I doubt such could/would happen.

1) I do not se this happening.
2) There are not enough vegetarians/vegans (or those concerned with "sustainables") to support a restaurant at WDW.
3) WDW needs mass appeal and mass patronage.
4) Dollar-per-square-foot is the key, even in eateries.
5) I doubt such could/would happen.

I totally disagree. I mean, are there even new restaurants opening that aren't "farm to table" or something? There's a reason the old crappy chain restaurants are failing (thanks millennials!, no seriously, thanks!) and it's because they're terrible and no one is interested anymore.

OP - anything authentic! Just...any of them.

Seriously, a brazilian steakhouse or Korean BBQ would be no brainers, because people LOVE them and they're super available from no-wheresville to NYC.
I think that Indian and Thai are such obvious absences, it's actually odd to me that they aren't represented anywhere in WDW. There are influences, but they are, again, common ethnic food found all over and it just makes sense - especially in AK.
I'd love to see ethiopian, and I think it'd be popular because eating with injera is fun, different, and delicious!

I’m going to have to join the chorus of posts saying more healthy, organic food. Our daughter is allergic to food dye, artificial flavors and petroleum based preservatives. Organic food is safe for her and I would
be over the moon to see an organic restaurant or just organic options on menus, especially quick service. Also some more healthy food would be great.

I totally disagree. I mean, are there even new restaurants opening that aren't "farm to table" or something?
Farm-to-table includes beef, pork, and poultry. While I'm someone who does not eat any of those things, I don't expect to see any Disney restaurant to open excluding those ingredients entirely.

Farm-to-table includes beef, pork, and poultry. While I'm someone who does not eat any of those things, I don't expect to see any Disney restaurant to open excluding those ingredients entirely.

I was more speaking to organic/healthy choices as an overall "theme" to the restaurant with a selection of veg/vegan offerings, which is like every restaurant that opens up these days, and I live in a very happening culinary city right now. I do think that WDW has enough demand for some vegan/veg kiosks, as seen at the Epcot festivals. I'm an omnivore and eat almost anything (uni is a favorite of mine for instance!), but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy vegan and vegetarian dishes. People don't want the mass produced juvenile type foods anymore, which is why I think so many lament the quality declining at WDW. I'd be happy with more solid offerings at any of the existing restaurants or any new ones.

I was really disappointed when Kouzzina closed. I would love to see another Greek restaurant open at Disney.

While I found that Kouzzina's dishes tasted more strongly of goat cheese than I would like, it would be great to see a new Greek restaurant open on the property.

I'm going to go there and just say it - I just want consistently better food at all the restaurants.

I don't like going to a restaurant on one trip and having a great meal, and then going back to the same restaurant and having a below average meal - both times ordering the same thing. The key to restaurant success is consistency without deviation from either the recipe or quality of the ingredients, and when shortcuts are taken everyone suffers.

I wish I could "like" the above post many times instead of just once. This has happened to me at several WDW restaurants that upon returning on the next trip, the same dish is either much worse, or occasionally better.

I think that Indian and Thai are such obvious absences, it's actually odd to me that they aren't represented anywhere in WDW. There are influences, but they are, again, common ethnic food found all over and it just makes sense - especially in AK.

Indian cuisine is actually represented at Sanaa. I agree that Thai is not much represented, as there may be a single Thai dish at a few restaurants, but no dedicated Thai place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter