What is your favorite Italian restaurant in Disney?

Il Mulino's so tasty. But I end up at Terralina more frequently - it's also really good - I love their homemade gnocchi!

Il Mulino is reliably good. Trattoria Al Forno (Chef Tim from FF is there) has been reworked and upgraded-- just had an excellent meal there. La Luce-- at Hilton Bonnet Creek is more on the modern side with some really interesting food, but you can also find some of the standards.

Il Mulino is reliably good. Trattoria Al Forno (Chef Tim from FF is there) has been reworked and upgraded-- just had an excellent meal there. La Luce-- at Hilton Bonnet Creek is more on the modern side with some really interesting food, but you can also find some of the standards.
Since FF is reopening, can we expect changes at Trattoria? I had booked there specifically because Chef Rim was there….?

In the past I would have said Il Mulino. We were there this past week. -I don't know what happened to this restaurant, but the food was absolutely terrible. The restaurant actually took both of our entrees off of the bill, because they were so bad. It wasn't worth the calories to eat it. Read some of the Trip Advisor reviews before you choose. I think this is a fairly new problem for this restaurant. Our meal at Mama Melrose was actually better!

In the past I would have said Il Mulino. We were there this past week. -I don't know what happened to this restaurant, but the food was absolutely terrible. The restaurant actually took both of our entrees off of the bill, because they were so bad. It wasn't worth the calories to eat it. Read some of the Trip Advisor reviews before you choose. I think this is a fairly new problem for this restaurant. Our meal at Mama Melrose was actually better!
We were there three weeks ago, and it was as good as --- or better than --- ever. (But we went in July and, although it was good, it wasn't as good as usual.) Just goes to show that very few restaurants (and perhaps no Disney restaurants) are consistently reliable day in and day out. Especially in the pandemic, when they have supply issues and labor issues and when key staff call in sick, often at the last minute.

I read that the chef from Flying Fish is currently at Trattoria al Forno, and it’s definitely been kicked up a notch in quality.

I recall Pete saying that chef was there but vaguely remember he was leaving the end of last September, I think it was.

We had a marvelous meal there the Thursday before Thanksgiving. DH is allergic to peppers of all sorts (yeah, really makes sense we'd try to eat Italian food, huh?). And, to add fun, I'm gluten and dairy intolerant.

The chef spent probably 15 minutes asking what on the menu appealed, then suggested he had some nice strip steaks. If those suited, he said he could make them very special for us. Wanted to know of any veggies either of us really disliked.

They were extraordinary--perfectly cooked with sautéed zucchini, summer squash and cipollini onions.

I recall Pete saying that chef was there but vaguely remember he was leaving the end of last September, I think it was.

We had a marvelous meal there the Thursday before Thanksgiving. DH is allergic to peppers of all sorts (yeah, really makes sense we'd try to eat Italian food, huh?). And, to add fun, I'm gluten and dairy intolerant.

The chef spent probably 15 minutes asking what on the menu appealed, then suggested he had some nice strip steaks. If those suited, he said he could make them very special for us. Wanted to know of any veggies either of us really disliked.

They were extraordinary--perfectly cooked with sautéed zucchini, summer squash and cipollini onions.
Yeah I suspect with Flying Fish reopening soon, he won’t be there anymore. 😞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter